List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Are there extra costs to turnover players? I know we’ve used that excuse to not max the rookie list spots or use the msd.

It’s the only logical explanation I have (and even then it’s a piss poor excuse) as to why we’re not turning the list over more aggressively.
We're using every list spot at the moment.

It's certain we're cutting those list cloggers as we can't proceed in the off season without the list spots.

But there's zero to gain by cutting early. Why show your hand? Someone might be interested in a player being chucked into a deal as steak knives.

We're using every list spot at the moment.

It's certain we're cutting those list cloggers as we can't proceed in the off season without the list spots.

But there's zero to gain by cutting early. Why show your hand? Someone might be interested in a player being chucked into a deal as steak knives.
I’m not talking about that.

Half the list is no good. It’s a strong draft, and we look like making minimal changes regardless.

You... critical of the club... lol, you have been nothing but the Crows deluded information minister defending everything stupid our club has done.

We are not idiots Wayne, so stop treating us like it. We can see right through your BS!
Wayne has been very critical in the past.

Everyone here gets very upset when posters don't fall into line with the accepted views.

Wayne is an independent thinker. I like it, it gives me a chuckle.

I’m not talking about that.

Half the list is no good. It’s a strong draft, and we look like making minimal changes regardless.
GOING
Elliot Himmelberg - free agent, no compo
Rory Sloane
Lachlan Gollant
Ned McHenry
Will Hamill (R)
Patrick Parnell (R)
Burgess?

MOVED TO ROOKIE LIST
Toby Murray
Brodie Smith

So, we're cutting reasonably deeply at the moment. Maybe you trade Keane - but will the kid at pick 22 or so be any better?

Other than that, who are you delisting? I guess you could delist Schoenberg, but I think they want to give him a year back from his injury and will decide this year. Maybe cut Strachan early and trade for a different backup?

I don't think we're making minimal changes, though.

GOING
Rory Sloane
Lachlan Gollant
Ned McHenry
Will Hamill (R)
Patrick Parnell (R)
Burgess?

MOVED TO ROOKIE LIST
Toby Murray
Brodie Smith

So, we're cutting reasonably deeply at the moment. Maybe you trade Keane - but will the kid at pick 22 or so be any better?

Other than that, who are you delisting? I guess you could delist Schoenberg, but I think they want to give him a year back from his injury and will decide this year. Maybe cut Strachan early and trade for a different backup?

Just one thing - Turray is already on the rookie list.

Wayne has been very critical in the past.

Everyone here gets very upset when posters don't fall into line with the accepted views.

Wayne is an independent thinker. I like it, it gives me a chuckle.
So do you support his view he is currently critical of the club?

Surely not...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 main list changes.

Pick 4.
Pick 25.
Welsh.
Cumming free agent.
ANB, Lukosius??

Unless also trading others like Sholl, Bond, Keane?
Hard to say, given the conflicting information we've heard about Keane & Borlase. I'm just not sure how many list positions we'll have available, and thus how many we will be able to fill through trade & free agency.

Yes, I'm sitting on the fence right now, not committing to anything.

GOING
Rory Sloane
Lachlan Gollant
Ned McHenry
Will Hamill (R)
Patrick Parnell (R)
Burgess?

MOVED TO ROOKIE LIST
Toby Murray
Brodie Smith

I really don’t see why we have Strachan on a 38 player list. He is clearly a great SANFL player and nowhere near an AFL player and we have Himmo and Toby Murray, and of course Tillthorpe if ROB was out for only a few weeks. If ROB went down for the year then Strachan wouldn’t be the option anyway. I feel the same about Burgess.

Is he in our ideal 22?
My ideal mix would be Murray/Butts/Worrell.

Collingwood wanting Keane is something the club should exploit to get some draft/player currency for a player we can afford to lose.

IMO him going to Collingwood for a second rounder would be a great outcome.

I really don’t see why we have Strachan on a 38 player list. He is clearly a great SANFL player and nowhere near an AFL player and we have Himmo and Toby Murray, and of course Tillthorpe if ROB was out for only a few weeks. If ROB went down for the year then Strachan wouldn’t be the option anyway. I feel the same about Burgess.
If ROB went down for the year then Strachan is the ONLY option.

Adelaide has a long history of maintaining a single low-cost ruckman on the list, as a ready-made backup should something happen to the lead ruck (first Jacobs, now ROB). Before Strachan we had Lowden, and before him Angus Graham. These players all cost us virtually nothing to recruit, and played for minimum salary, while providing us with a safety net should something happen to the main ruck.

Having said that, Strachan is now 28 (29 next month), and is contracted for 2025. He's the same age as ROB, so we need to be looking to replace both. We need to draft ROB's replacement this year, and find a replacement for Strachan next year.

Cook needs to find the ball and get involved. At this point, he doesn’t get a senior game until he actually has a run of big games in the SANFL.
If we land ANB and Lukosius, I think Cook's time with us is done as he will be so far down the pecking order and if we could get a late pick for him, we should be encouraging him to look around.

My ideal mix would be Murray/Butts/Worrell.

Collingwood wanting Keane is something the club should exploit to get some draft/player currency for a player we can afford to lose.

IMO him going to Collingwood for a second rounder would be a great outcome.
A second rounder would be vastly undervaluing him, given what KPDs have been traded for in the very recent past.

If we land ANB and Lukosius, I think Cook's time with us is done as he will be so far down the pecking order and if we could get a late pick for him, we should be encouraging him to look around.
We re-signed him for 2 more years, only 1-2 months ago. He's here until 2026 at the very earliest.

We re-signed him for 2 more years, only 1-2 months ago. He's here until 2026 at the very earliest.
Odd list management then if we are potentially going to land ANB and Luko. I'd rather a developing ruck in that list spot than a guy that might have 3 or 4 people in front of him to get a run in the seniors

Odd list management then if we are potentially going to land ANB and Luko. I'd rather a developing ruck in that list spot than a guy that might have 3 or 4 people in front of him to get a run in the seniors
You won't get any argument from me. He's a player with great skills, but seemingly without the burning desire. He just doesn't get anywhere near enough of the ball.

You won't get any argument from me. He's a player with great skills, but seemingly without the burning desire. He just doesn't get anywhere near enough of the ball.
Still think there’s a player in Cook but once again don’t see why we didn’t just offer the one year for list flexibility. Surely other clubs aren’t offering him two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back