List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s not playing midfield anywhere but with us. And even we’re finally becoming less convinced about impactless accumulators that can’t spread defensively.
I think Laird is our 4th banana behind Dawson, Rankine and Soligo. You could argue he's also behind Crouch. We also have "hopefuls" coming through like Taylor, Max and Edwards. I'm leaving Rachelle in the forward line but for this discussion, put him in there too if you like. Bottom line is... Laird is becoming surplus to requirements as the natural progression of younger players happens. It's become clear this year in his role change progressing.

Geelong have Dangerfield for possibly only this year and then they have Atkins, Guthrie and then the kids. Danger and Guthrie are not likely to be of much influence as they can no longer get on the park. Laird is pretty resilient at least. I think he fills the gap at Geelong until their youngsters come on.

Many here do rate him but we rate our need for mids more

The concern is we are paying a pick5/6 for him when we need to use that on mids
I agree the price is relevant. That's why I suggested the possibility of a Gollant trade to minimise the price.

We do want another quality mid and drafting the next Bont or Dangerfield would be nice. But far out!!! What we've seen of our rucks over the past month has made it clear that a ruck solution is essential if any team of midfielders are to have any chance whatsoever.

Wasn’t generous for a very important player to them who had 2 years on a contract, if that’s all we offered it would have been dumb of us to think it would happen and waste our time.

But you’re wrong anyway
Maybe Petty was pissed that Melbourne wouldn't do a deal and is dropping off in form so he gets to CROM for a bargain... I'm joking of course

Our current Key Backs are Butts (198cm), Murray (195cm), Borlase (192cm)
Third tall are Worrell (195cm) and Keane (194cm)
Utility Michalanney (190cm) and Hinge (190cm)
Half Backs Smith (189cm), Laird (178cm), Ryan (187cm), jones (181cm)

If we lose Keane to Collingwood would we swap Butts for Petty (197cm)? would people see this as an upgrade?

We have a fairly tallish backline besides Laird and Jones. Even Nankervis is 189cm.

if Curtin plays back there he is 197cm.

Will Hamill is also 187cm.

It makes no sense to trade in Petty this year, aside from if we're desperate to bring in experience.

In KPD's we have Butts and Murray
I put Worrell in his own category as KPD/3rd tall
Then Borlase and Keane as 3rd talls

Even Borlase has been more than serviceable as a KPD, and was excellent on the weekend against Liam McBean.

And we want to add Petty to that mix?

You'd feasibly only want to play with two KPD's and a 3rd tall, but successful teams have done it before with essentially 2 x 3rd talls and one KPD... (Richmond and Geelong)

Borlase IMO could seek an opportunity elsewhere, same as Keane, strike whilst the iron is hot and they have some value?

Melbourne have no reason to release Petty at all, unless of course they bring in a KPF this year. My guess is that we might be able to grab him this year at Melbournes own 2nd round pick that we got from them last year...

I think a great scenario would be to end up with Petty, Butts, Worrell, Murray, and even then you'd imagine one misses out on game day...

What's worrying is that Nicks came out and said the list doesn't need wholesale changes come the end of the year, when clearly we do..., especially if we are still looking at points for Welsh. At this stage we will surely be looking to move on at least one defender, and Berry. IMO there's scope for a massive clearout, and to collect some decent trade value.

Can you imagine going into 2025...

• Harrison Petty for Adelaide's 2nd rounder (tied to Melbourne)
  • Pick 5 - Best available mid in the draft, Lalor or Draper?
  • Isaac Cumming as an UFA
  • Bring in our 2025 draft pick for another 1st rounder before a Welsh bid (if it doesn't arrive), but don't bet on anyone taking interest until about pick 10 onwards...but just keep offering it to every club, as long as a player is still there that we like.
  • Welsh for points (makes sense to bring in 2025 for this draft if we're going to go into points deficit heading into next year)
  • Get rid of a heap of deadweight below.
  • Balme in an advisory role

= Essentially 3 x premium players from the draft and 2 x experienced players. That would be rebuild over.

NameYears ServiceStatus
4​
RE-SIGN
14​
RE-SIGN
1​
RE-SIGN
8​
TRADE
2​
DELIST
4​
TRADE/DELIST
5​
TRADE/DELIST
6​
RE-SIGN/TRADE
6​
RE-SIGN/TRADE/DELIST?
4​
DELIST
16​
RETIRED
4​
TRADE
17​
RE-SIGN
6​
RE-SIGN
I really like your wish-list and we would shape up ok if most of that happened. My only caveats are Ned has to go, Murphy is not even depth imo, Tex gets a year but with instructions to let Fog and Filthy lead the forward line, he is there as a playing forward line coach with a focus on auditioning for an off field forward line role after that. But the biggest worry we have is the coaching and development of the youth, they need to be played full stop, there's only so much a player can develop in the SANFL.

Looking at their current list, I think Melbourne's going to be pretty desperate to keep Petty.

Steven May is 32, Jake Lever is 28, Tom McDonald is 32 in September, Adam Tomlinson is 31 in August. If that's the age profile of their current four big defenders, I don't think they have a choice. They have to keep Petty. The only other player listed as a key defender is Jed Adams, who is 20 and has never played an AFL game.

If Keane went to them in return then that could work for them, but that's the only situation I think they would accept.
To my eye, Keane is going to be a special talent and has the ability to play forward. He has a lot of tricks we are only just starting to see as he grows in confidence, he has a very fast on field brain and he evidenced he can read the play well and lead his opponents to the ball. If I was list management at the Crows I'd be making this guy happy in Adelaide and making sure his misso has a good life in Adelaide as well

No idea, I'm not a list manager. I'm just some random posting on the internet.

You seem to take this posting thing for too serious. This isn't a job interview.
kramer im out GIF

Money ?????

Look at our team in the 97 98GF

South Australian contingent

Jarman
Bond
Jameson
Bickley
Roo
Smart
Pitman
Hart
Sampson
Modra
Bassett
Goodwin
Macleod
Robran
Edwards
Koster
Liptak
Tasker
James
Ormand Allen
Cook
Vardy
Tregenza
Chalmers
Viska
Marsh

Coaches blight and hart

That might have had more to do with how the list was built than cash

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
McLeod is from the NT, ormond Allen from Victoria, Marsh I'm sure not an SA lad, having said all that I do think an Adelaide team will always be better with the majority coming from SA

If we lose Keane to Collingwood would we swap Butts for Petty (197cm)? would people see this as an upgrade?

We have a fairly tallish backline besides Laird and Jones. Even Nankervis is 189cm.

I think it’s an upgrade to go from Butts to Petty, but it depends on the cost, if it’s essentially a straight swap from Keane to Petty you do the deal.

If weee giving up a first or even a second round pick on top of Keane then I wouldn’t do that deal personally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To my eye, Keane is going to be a special talent and has the ability to play forward. He has a lot of tricks we are only just starting to see as he grows in confidence, he has a very fast on field brain and he evidenced he can read the play well and lead his opponents to the ball. If I was list management at the Crows I'd be making this guy happy in Adelaide and making sure his misso has a good life in Adelaide as well
Nope. He is the worst defender in the team. He has good disposal but he has at least 2 brain fades every game directly costing goals. He cannot defend 1 on 1 which has been evident this whole year. If we are able to trade him to Collingwood for something like a 2nd rounder, id be happy with that.

Nope. He is the worst defender in the team. He has good disposal but he has at least 2 brain fades every game directly costing goals. He cannot defend 1 on 1 which has been evident this whole year. If we are able to trade him to Collingwood for something like a 2nd rounder, id be happy with that.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that jazz

McLeod is from the NT, ormond Allen from Victoria, Marsh I'm sure not an SA lad, having said all that I do think an Adelaide team will always be better with the majority coming from SA
Trent Orman-Allan is originally a Junior from the Port Adelaide Magies.

Ben Marsh was a West Adelaide Junior then draft to the Crows.

Both SA lads

I think it’s an upgrade to go from Butts to Petty, but it depends on the cost, if it’s essentially a straight swap from Keane to Petty you do the deal.

If weee giving up a first or even a second round pick on top of Keane then I wouldn’t do that deal personally
Agree.
Maybe we just need Collingwood to make their Keane offer something that Melbourne would accept for Petty. We have a contracted player and they need him now. More than we need Petty now.

Are you trying to say those other boys didn't come from SA?

No I put up a list of around 25 players for that 97/98 year where sanders didn’t realise our success was built on the back of SA players I included all 3 mentioned because they player under age footy here in SA

Money ?????

Look at our team in the 97 98GF

South Australian contingent

Jarman
Bond
Jameson
Bickley
Roo
Smart
Pitman
Hart
Sampson
Modra
Bassett
Goodwin
Macleod
Robran
Edwards
Koster
Liptak
Tasker
James
Ormand Allen
Cook
Vardy
Tregenza
Chalmers
Viska
Marsh

Coaches blight and hart

That might have had more to do with how the list was built than cash

What’s that got to do with the price of eggs?

He’s been a huge disappointment. Miles off what was expected when he was drafted[/

Yeah right - that opinion is that bad it’s funny. The only forward that compares to him at the same age is his brother - had a 50 goal season well before Curnow, McKay etc did 50

Injuries have slowed him over the last 18 months but goal average is still good - and playing for Saints who are a stop first team.

Really poor take

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Go wash your mouth out saying that (in bold)

Back