List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Leadership group I'd like to see in 2025

Captain -
Jordan Dawson
Leadership - Darcy Fogarty, Max Michalanney, Nick Murray

No stand-alone VC at this stage, until one of the others step up and separates themself from the pack. In the meantime, it can rotate between those 3.

Good mix of mid, forward, defense.

Dawson - obvious. One of the best capitanos in the AFL.

Fogarty - In our leadership group already, and needs to be the one to take the bull by the horns in the forward line. We've had a vocal, strong leader there in Tex for the last decade - your turn Fog.

Max - He's my heir apparent for the C gig. Tough, committed, skillful and plays a team game. He will be a lead by example type Captain, but I think will become more and more confident if given more responsibility and opportunity

N.Murray - Toughest player on our list. He's a physical presence, and down the track should be given the mandate to impose himself wherever the game needs him, be it down back, up forward or around stoppage.

Don't give me this Keays, ROB, Murph, Milera, Smith sh**. When the whips are cracking, i'm not following them to my death.

Hinge unlucky, with him and Rankine next cabs off the rank, but let's not dilute the priveledge and responsibility by having a dozen players in there.

Time for a bit of a change.
Great post - don't mind that at all.

What I really like about Fog's leadership at the moment is that he never berates his team mates for their mistakes (despite being one of those most impacted by these mistakes (in terms of missed kick to a lead, or kicks not his advantage). There's several times in every game where he could easily give them a spray, but he doesn't - he turns around and goes again. Love that about his temprament.

Compare that to boofheads like Murphy who's always flailing his arms around making no attempt to hide his frustrations (despite often being unwarranted in the first place). Not sure what is 'leadership' about that.

I’d love to sit on the list management committee whilst they discuss the need to trade in a ruck.

Ogilvie and Reid could not sit there with a straight face and justify not drafting one all these years.

“None were available and they are easy to trade in”
“Hang on you drafted Parnell over Moyle, the bloke who we tried to get and couldn’t”

Surely someone in the club is asking hard questions.

What I really like about Fog's leadership at the moment is that he never berates his team mates for their mistakes

Ha! I heard him yelling at Dawson when Dawson kicked it over his head. "Daws! Daws! Hit the ****ing lead!!!" Lol. Fogarty has looked better since roaming up to the wing. Earlier in the season he was looking very average.

Ha! I heard him yelling at Dawson when Dawson kicked it over his head. "Daws! Daws! Hit the ****ing lead!!!" Lol. Fogarty has looked better since roaming up to the wing. Earlier in the season he was looking very average.
I'm surprised Fog doesn't have a Richo level tantrum every game with the deliver he gets.

I’d love to sit on the list management committee whilst they discuss the need to trade in a ruck.

Ogilvie and Reid could not sit there with a straight face and justify not drafting one all these years.

“Hang on you drafted Parnell over Moyle, the bloke who we tried to get and couldn’t”

Wait didn't an esteemed poster say we didn't need to draft a ruck because we can just grab one whenever?

I can see some logic in chasing Petty as a FA - not much, but some. Chasing him as a contracted player makes no sense whatsoever.

The only argument was getting him for 2024/25 and over paying / front loading while we had more cap space than we knew what to do with.

I wouldn't of done it but you have pay 95% of the cap and maybe that was a way of making it easier in 26 and beyond.

Petty was always going to be the icing on the cake that was finals in 2024

And using him to push higher in 2025 - good in theory but we now need to swerve and go to the draft hoping to find 2 x 1st rounders instead of giving them away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise that we took Parnell over Moyle. That's Mcasey level incompetence, Moyle looks really good.

I mentioned on the draft thread that GC currently have picks 8 and 9
They’ll be looking to flog these off as will get sucked up by a Lombard bid

We should be offering a pick swap - GC pick 8 for our 2025 1st
We then can aim for an end of season crop of;

Draft

Draper
Lalor
Welsh

FA
Cumming

If we can trade someone for a 2nd rounder then offer Melb 2 x 2nd rounders for Petty take it or he comes the nothing next year
I like all of it but we really really don't need Petty or at least wait until end of 2025

Petty was always going to be the icing on the cake that was finals in 2024

And using him to push higher in 2025 - good in theory but we now need to swerve and go to the draft hoping to find 2 x 1st rounders instead of giving them away
I'm happy to bring Petty in next year as a FA, but no way should we be trading for him this year and giving up any draft capital.

What was the worst thing about the post? Btw I remember all the little digs I got from Adelaide crows supporters on this forum about O'Brien which is why I don't waste my time in the crows section so you can't say anything I haven't heard. And being wrong whilst doing it.

And I bet everything I got that the people like sanders and Kane mcgoodwin and froggy etc won't admit they were wrong about O'Brien.
I'll wager there's a lot people could say that you haven't heard before or perhaps unable to hear, you seem pretty self indulgent and a little self absorbed to be holding onto comments from others from 5 years ago. The first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem

Bringing forward draft picks makes sense now. With Tassie coming in soon, getting some youngsters now to be somewhat mature during the "lean draft years" of the Tassie raid, is 100% smart. Don't want to be heading to the draft through those years.
It's also a free hit - each year you can bring forward next year's pick. The only issue becomes if you need trade capital. Or if no one is keen.

you seem pretty self indulgent and a little self absorbed to be holding onto comments from others from 5 years ago. The first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem

Thankyou for the character assessment internet stranger. It's not really hard to remember what happeneded when I created a thread saying Reilly O'Brien was no good and we wouldn't go anywhere with him as a ruckman and I was howled down. So that's the context. It wasn't a throwaway comment by 1 or 2 people. Then I had a peek back in here the other day and the same people are now criticizing Reilly O'Brien. So not that big a deal tbh.

Most of them are on ignore actually (as you are now) so I see very little if anything they post except for a few people I didn't put a line through.

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back