List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He reportedly left for 650k a year. Surely a figure the club would have been willing to match if they were prepared to promote him from the "sidekick" gig.
I thought the word was $700-750k.

I'm pretty sure Eddie introducing him to his mate Mitch Robinson and his former partner Emma was the catalyst that led to him heading back up north from what I heard.

Last edited:
It's not a safe assumption at all. All indications are that he left for $$$, and all other reasons are a very distant second.

Not giving someone their fair value in contract dollars is the same as not appreciating them

Article on his extension at the Lions in 2020

“Brisbane will look to secure Cameron's signature on a four or five-year deal, fighting off cashed-up Victorian rivals.

Reports claim Cameron may earn up to $750,000 a season, a big increase compared to his previous salary of about $650,000, according to the Herald Sun.”

How do you know what he was/wasnt told? Or is this just a JeffCrowe assumption?
Open your eyes 👀

We had Eddie on a pedestal which was fair enough but you’ve also got to map a future for an up and coming match winner or should I say proven young match winner by that point

You can’t just think he will stick around for the vibe and that was proven

I thought the word was $700-750k.

I'm pretty sure Eddie introducing him to his mate and fellow indigenous player Mitch Robinson and his former partner Emma was the catalyst that led to him heading back up north from what I heard.
So Eddie intro him to Mitch Robinson and that was it ?

That’s not a reason

Charlie wanted more and was ready to take on increased pressure and responsibility

As I said previously he was ready to come out of the background and be the man

So Eddie intro him to Mitch Robinson and that was it ?

That’s not a reason

Charlie wanted more and was ready to take on increased pressure and responsibility

As I said previously he was ready to come out of the background and be the man
And their partners.

Not giving someone their fair value in contract dollars is the same as not appreciating them
Correct.

Thats exactly one of the reasons why Eddie also landed in Adelaide and turned his back on Carlton too.

Thanks for answering my question. I'm sorry it induced a bit of perceived hostility. I apologise to you for that.

But I'll ask another question if you're still here...

What is the general WC fan gut response to the sacking of the coach? What is the "mood" as you see it?

😁😁
Surely relief as should have happened a couple of years ago.

Simpson can coach but stayed too long.

We backed the players who spearheaded our 2015-2017 campaigns and valued them accordingly.

In hindsight it wasn't the best course of action as their performances tailed off quicker than expected plus it meant a few up-and-comers got squeezed out.

To our credit we seem to have learnt from this. We've prioritised long term contracts for the likes of Soligo, Rachele rather than focusing purely on rewarding tenure.

I think we're balancing our list & cap better now. Even stuff like heavy front-loading on Dawson and Rankine to get them across the line during stinky low-cap-pressure years was smart business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is he a disappointment!! He’s a first year player, with barely any playing time to speak of.
He looks very promising. Don’t judge now.. judge after his third year.
Too many overreactions on young Daniel
Too many people are confusing our disappointing management of him with the promising signs he shows when we actually utilise him in positions you’d expect him to thrive in.

Too many people are confusing our disappointing management of him with the promising signs he shows when we actually utilise him in positions you’d expect him to thrive in.
Correct! Our management of him to date has not been good, but I’m sure we will work it out.
He shapes as a unique talent .. who knows where his best position will be. I don’t know, and the club sure as hell doesn’t know!
What I am looking forward to is watching him develop next year with more opportunities. He is an exciting talent
Everyone is frustrated at the moment because we are impatient.. which is understandable. He will be very good!!!

More then clincher but not the meat on the bone to the whole thing

Icing not the cake etc

Charlie’s decision was proven correct , he became the man and came out of his shell as a player and person

From memory at the time he wasn’t a fan of the climate here or in Melbourne either? Liked the sunshine up Brissy?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was very unfortunate timing, in that the year after Cameron left was the year Eddie started to really decline

We definitely should’ve nurtured Cameron more, though - wasn’t there a rumour his motorbike celebration was a direct response to Pyke telling him to ‘get on his bike’ and work up the ground?

Don’t know about this but Cameron made a joke on Twitter about coming back to the club after we sacked Burton.

How many players have left and been developed better elsewhere? Cause I'm struggling to think of any. If our development & coaching is the only thing holding them back then they would be up to standard literally anywhere else
Lever, danger, Stengle, Lyons, Gunston, Davis, Cameron

Lever, danger, Stengle, Lyons, Gunston, Davis, Cameron

Lever Danger and Cameron were all established guns when they left us

Gunston and Davis were clearly stars on the rise

Lyons was also a solid player but definitely got better after leaving GC and getting to Brisbane

Lever Danger and Cameron were all established guns when they left us

Gunston and Davis were clearly stars on the rise

Lyons was also a solid player but definitely got better after leaving GC and getting to Brisbane

No point asking the question if you’re going to dismiss everyone one for some reason or another 😆
Can’t be established or young 😆

So the point stands that our development is terrible and yet no one has left and dramatically changed. So maybe whilst it could be better its not below league standard.
Lots of alarmist will have you beleive our development, coaching, players, drafting, board, football department are all crap but the most probable reality is all areas are not elite and thats what we should strive for (where possible - history shows its hard to lure elite talent of any kind to SA)

Also possible that all the time our coaches and development staff spend either players means they actually know them more than people who watch them for a few hours a week (or not even that in some cases)

So the point stands that our development is terrible and yet no one has left and dramatically changed. So maybe whilst it could be better its not below league standard.
Lots of alarmist will have you beleive our development, coaching, players, drafting, board, football department are all crap but the most probable reality is all areas are not elite and thats what we should strive for (where possible - history shows its hard to lure elite talent of any kind to SA)

Also possible that all the time our coaches and development staff spend either players means they actually know them more than people who watch them for a few hours a week (or not even that in some cases)
Players have left but if people make a different excuse for everyone of course there’s no one left who go better.
Also players that were delisted (or yet to be) and didn’t go on doesn’t rule out that our development was no good.
O’Connor, jones, McHenry, Mcasey, Schoenberg, Gollant, Gallucci, Poholke, Himmelberg to name a few

He reportedly left for 650k a year. Surely a figure the club would have been willing to match if they were prepared to promote him from the "sidekick" gig.
It was more than $700k, and it was more than double what he was earning from us.

Fair enough, and we didn't think he was going to become the player he did. Our loss.

Article on his extension at the Lions in 2020

“Brisbane will look to secure Cameron's signature on a four or five-year deal, fighting off cashed-up Victorian rivals.

Reports claim Cameron may earn up to $750,000 a season, a big increase compared to his previous salary of about $650,000, according to the Herald Sun.”
He wasn't earning anywhere near $650k.

I don't have many/any sources, but I did hear info on this at the time from people close to the Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back