List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why so many people are excited about Keane leaving

Keane leaving = Borlaise playing a large number of games next year as our key backs seem quite injury prone and he’s next man in

Careful what you wish for
Would make it a lot easier to get Luko and ANB, without either giving up either our F1, or 25

Borlase's kicking is Sam Mitchell like compared with Leek Alee, athletics on steroids for sure but that kicking is a worry.
Agree but still feel Aleer’s positives outweighs the negatives, especially his athleticism which does make Borlase look like Grenville Dietrich in comparison. Just get him to handball to Hinge or Cumming 😉

The usual weak list management decision giving a cooked smith another year of superannuation.
Out of their hands. If we wanted him gone shouldn't put the trigger in his contract or not selected him to play. That's when the mistake was made

Surely Pickett gets to Port after the rumours circuling this year and last. However, if we can somehow to convince him to come over - imagine a forward line with Rankine and Pickett he does miss first three rounds with suspension though haha
I’m excited about ANB, Cuming and Luko as well. If we can somehow nab Rosas for a packet of chips I wouldn’t be too mad either.
And finish it off with pick 4 Draper 🤝🏼

And Welsh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uncontracted Hugh Bond would be a chance for a demotion to the rookie list if we need to free up an additional main list spot, there's a reason he remains both unsigned and unmentioned - it's either that, occupying the rookie spot previously held by a subsequently delisted Hamill or Parnell, or they're holding him over to keep a main list spot with whatever spare change is left in the cap after the trade period is over.

Maybe Strachan too, I can’t see other teams desperately needing an almost-30yo ruck

Strachan is contracted until end of 2025, I don't see us paying him out

Playstation time:
Future First to GC for Pick 6
On trade Pick 6 + change to Mel for Pickett and ANB

Berry to Coll for their future 2nd

Our future 2nd + Coll future 2nd to GC for Lukecrowsious

Cumming FA

Outgoing:
Sloane (Ret)
Parnell (Del)
McHenry (Del)
Burgess (Del)
Himmelberg (Del)
Berry (Traded)

In:
Cumming
Pickett
ANB
Pick 4 (Pure-mid)
Pick 25 (Ruck)
Welsh

Hamill, Gollant retained as Rookies
Think we hang onto Keane. Would only trade for a first or future first. Would be nice to stay in Rnd1 next year and gamble on another teams misfortune (need another good deathride thread).

I think we have the salary cap to get it done. We should be far more comfortable than Port to make a higher offer to Pickett (if there is anything to that rumour). Regardless, we shouldn't touch Pick 4 and get a pure-mid. We have loads of cap space and need to actually use it on bringing in guaranteed best-22 players. If there is anything to the future first to GC for pick-6 rumour - get it done. We should finish higher next year with the in's we will have and natural improvement, even with the same coaching panel.

Uncontracted Hugh Bond would be a chance for a demotion to the rookie list if we need to free up an additional main list spot, there's a reason he remains both unsigned and unmentioned - it's either that, occupying the rookie spot previously held by a subsequently delisted Hamill or Parnell, or they're holding him over to keep a main list spot with whatever spare change is left in the cap after the trade period is over.
It’d be the player that’s least likely to be picked up by another club, contracted or not

Bond surely has more clubs that like him than, say, Strachan?

Playstation time:
Future First to GC for Pick 6
On trade Pick 6 + change to Mel for Pickett and ANB

Berry to Coll for their future 2nd

Our future 2nd + Coll future 2nd to GC for Lukecrowsious

Cumming FA

Outgoing:
Sloane (Ret)
Parnell (Del)
McHenry (Del)
Burgess (Del)
Himmelberg (Del)
Berry (Traded)

In:
Cumming
Pickett
ANB
Pick 4 (Pure-mid)
Pick 25 (Ruck)
Welsh

Hamill, Gollant retained as Rookies
Think we hang onto Keane. Would only trade for a first or future first. Would be nice to stay in Rnd1 next year and gamble on another teams misfortune (need another good deathride thread).

I think we have the salary cap to get it done. We should be far more comfortable than Port to make a higher offer to Pickett (if there is anything to that rumour). Regardless, we shouldn't touch Pick 4 and get a pure-mid. We have loads of cap space and need to actually use it on bringing in guaranteed best-22 players. If there is anything to the future first to GC for pick-6 rumour - get it done. We should finish higher next year with the in's we will have and natural improvement, even with the same coaching panel.
I like it, but falls over at future first for Pick 6.

I like it, but falls over at future first for Pick 6.

Probably. But if Pickett was to request trade to us, we should still be able to generate enough trade capital to get it done. You know Port will if it comes to it. I want us to be ruthless. We should be a powerhouse club that makes the hard calls - not a pedestrian club like St Kilda or Norf.

Tex re-signs?

We'll never learn.

Eh, it's not like Tex was in the Sloane/Smith bracket performance wise. After all, 10.4 disposals/1.6 goals/0.9 goal assists/3.2 shots at goal/5.6 score involvements/5.6 marks (1.6 on lead) is solid season for a KPF - likely dead on where a second key forward would sit.

It does make the Curtin situation a bit more interesting if we're willing to commit to him as a forward (and we should be willing to commit to him as a forward for the near-future) however Dan probably has the talent to make it work.

Strachan is contracted until end of 2025, I don't see us paying him out
Just on this - Hamill was contracted until 24 when we delisted and re-rookied him last year. Same with McPherson the year before, was contracted until 23

I’m not sure the pay-out applies in this scenario

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back