List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, you are correct, very similar and my 130am proposal was OTT. You wouldn’t give up Rachele and F1 agreed upon reflection but still think Pickett is worth more than Rachele to the eye (and yes understand he is 2 years older)

Melbourne will want draft picks and that give them access to top 10 picks to help them rebuild. I think if we can snare Fremantles picks for a top 4 selection we could pass one of those picks onto Melbourne and Snare Picket and upgrade the third rounder to a second rounder and we get both ANB and Pickett. Probably need some steak knife pick swaps to get the deal across the line but we would be in with a shot.

Melbourne will want draft picks and that give them access to top 10 picks to help them rebuild. I think if we can snare Fremantles picks for a top 4 selection we could pass one of those picks onto Melbourne and Snare Picket and upgrade the third rounder to a second rounder and we get both ANB and Pickett. Probably need some steak knife pick swaps to get the deal across the line but we would be in with a shot.
Ok so 2 first rounders from Freo - would have to be 9 and 10? One to Dees and keep the other for a solid mid option but likely forgoing one of the premium top end ones.

Decent mid
ANB
Luko
Cummin
Kosi

Where do we sign!

Ps all fantasy land probabky as Freo spending picks on Tigers stars returning home and Kozi probably wants WA or Power

Ok so 2 first rounders from Freo - would have to be 9 and 10? One to Dees and keep the other for a solid mid option but likely forgoing one of the premium top end ones.

Decent mid
ANB
Luko
Cummin
Kosi

Where do we sign!

Well to me it makes sense. Kosi easily could turn into a Rankine 2.0. Add Welsh to this and to me thats an A grade off season.

A grade? Man it’s up there with one of the great off seasons getting Luko, ANB, Cummin, Pickett, Welsh and a top 10 mid. I will personally build Reidy a statue at Thebby.

Even with out Pickett its already a good off season. I think if Pickett wants to come back to SA then we may as well throw our hat in the ring and not concede him to another club.

Comfortable to admit to myself that if we were a even a 1% chance of getting Oliver last year, we are a 0% chance of getting Pickett into a tricolor guernsey next year. There's no way he comes to us.

And where has all this talk of Luko being worth a F1 come from. Is somebody genuinely pushing this?

playstation trades mate. But ive heard it mentioned in some media. But if he is genuinely wanting to come back to SA and homesick, Port isnt the only option. Plus we have better trade currency.

Can't believe we have signed Smith and Tex for next season especially with ANB coming and likely Cummings ,although there is some argument to keep Tex .
Smith getting another year is crazy and even if you play experience card ,you have already Laird and Milera playing same position.
We have promising kids that have to get games to move forward and we have to create list spots to bring in top future mid , ruck or rucks ,future KPP etc.
Make some hard decisions for heaven sake in all aspects of our club.

Comfortable to admit to myself that if we were a even a 1% chance of getting Oliver last year, we are a 0% chance of getting Pickett into a tricolor guernsey next year. There's no way he comes to us.

And where has all this talk of Luko being worth a F1 come from. Is somebody genuinely pushing this?
Even the journalists on Fox Footy were saying "the Suns are likely to ask for a 1st, but that's a start of trading season position, an ambit claim".

Personally, I don't mind F1, 26 and 42 for Luko and 13.

Two great picks for the draft, and use whatever we get from Berry etc for ANB.

Normally like your work, but ooof - I'm NOT a fan of that trade.
Yes mate agreed and have already owned that OTT sleep induced, extra glass of red crap that I typed up a few hrs ago !

Is a fun time of year though. We seem to be “winning” things currently and not suffering the reality of losing games of footy haha

Even the journalists on Fox Footy were saying "the Suns are likely to ask for a 1st, but that's a start of trading season position, an ambit claim".

Personally, I don't mind F1, 26 and 42 for Luko and 13.

Two great picks for the draft, and use whatever we get from Berry etc for ANB.
Lots of variables but that trade value is roughly right IMO. Thing is GC will want to use their 2 lowest value first rounders (inc 13) on Rioli trade which seems inevitable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why so many people are excited about Keane leaving

Keane leaving = Borlaise playing a large number of games next year as our key backs seem quite injury prone and he’s next man in

Careful what you wish for
I know he’s not the best player but has Borlase actually ever let us down?
Because I know Keane has.

Why wouldn’t Pickett consider us if we offered 100-150k more per season? Agree it feels wrong having his surname play for us. Like a Robran or a Jarman playing for Port but we do have Borlase already?
What?
We dealt with 2 x Cornes for 15 years nearly.
Time for the other foot to wear the shoe.
Pickett playing for crows sounds beautiful.

Dead last, he’s not coming here.

AFL trade news: Dees confident Pickett will stay, Liam Baker requests trade from Richmond​

The Dees remain confident Kysaiah Pickett will remain at the club despite being homesick, as the Tigers prepare to usher in a new era as a bunch of stars prepare to leave.

Melbourne is confident its dynamic small forward Kysaiah Pickett will see out the next three seasons of his contract, despite expressing homesickness at his exit interview with coach Simon Goodwin this week.
In a week in which the tribunal upheld Pickett’s suspension for his bump on Collingwood’s Darcy Moore, meaning he will miss the first three rounds of 2025, the 23-year-old detailed to Goodwin how he and his partner were missing family and friends in South Australia.

He became a father for the first time in April and is believed to have told his coach he was finding it difficult so far away from his family, sparking fears that he could ask for a trade.

The Herald Sun understands Melbourne officials - and his management group - are confident they can provide the support Pickett and his young family require to stay.

It comes as superstar injured midfielder Christian Petracca has expressed a desire to be traded to another Victorian club, despite having five years left on his multimillion-dollar contract.

Premiership player Alex Neal-Bullen is also seeking a trade to South Australia for family reasons, which the club will try to facilitate, nominating Adelaide as his preferred option.

It has been a tumultuous past year for the Demons who fell out of the finals for the first time since 2020 amid question marks on the club’s culture.

Pickett, 23, has previously been linked to Port Adelaide - where his uncle Byron was a premiership player - with the Power trying to entice him out of Melbourne before he ended up signing a deal with the Demons last year that runs through to the end of the 2027 season.

He has family in both South Australia and Western Australia, having been raised in both states, but he came through his footy pathway in Adelaide.

BAKER TO JOIN PUNT ROAD EXODUS AS STARS FLEE TIGERS

Liam Baker has become the latest Richmond premiership hero to request a trade out of Punt Road as the Tigers’ exodus continues.

The heart and soul vice-captain informed coach Adem Yze and the club in his exit interview on Wednesday morning that he wants to return home to Western Australia.

He is out of contract, but is not a free agent, so a trade deal would have to be done with West Coast or Fremantle.

Baker is understood to prefer a move to the Eagles.

Certainly agree re ruck but is small forward such an issue?

Rachele - large chunk of time when not in midfield
Rankine - resting up forward
Pedlar - see 2023 form
ANB - solid for a few years replacing Murph
Keays - does his job on hff week in and out
Taylor - resting when not on ball
Cook - see Taylor but more mid sized admittedly

Murphy
Reason I mentioned small forwards and it’s a specific type of player the team’s missing it’s that quick hybrid small forward that can play closer to goal that is a natural goal kicker and not a failed/unused/undersized midfielder, the team desperately lacks natural forwards that have played forward through their junior career and aren’t just junior midfielders that can’t make it as midfielders at AFL level for various reasons.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread when talking about Rosas being available, I feel in the 7 years since Charlie Cameron left the club has never found anyone to fully replace his unique attributes he provided in the forward line that made him dangerous in front of goal but also able to panic the opposition defenders when they had the ball. Closest they’ve come is probably McAdam providing x-factor and scoreboard impact and Rankine with his freakish goals, pressure and ability to read balls off packs when he played closer to goal at the start of 2023.

Just feel Ogilvie and the recruitment team’s ‘physical and numbers heavy’ based strategy especially in recent years has meant specific more ‘tougher’ measurable stat-wise role players like your small forwards and rucks have really not been on radar and fallen by the wayside and become afterthoughts. Also James Rahilly planting the ‘old’ Geelong small forward method of not relying on them to be a main target in the 50 but instead playing them high up around stoppages then running back into the 50 has become part of Nicks’ gameplan 101 so he prefers to play extra midfielders in those roles instead, which IMO has taken away actual extra scoring options that should be available to those up the ground when actually trying to find an option forward to kick to.

Last edited:
I know he’s not the best player but has Borlase actually ever let us down?
Because I know Keane has.
Depends on definition of let down I guess

Borlaise definitely plays as hard and as strongly as he can despite some limited athleticism and ability , I wouldn’t be delisting him and I like him overall

I can imagine the bigfooty board turning on him pretty hard if Keane leaves and we need to rely on him more

Certainly agree re ruck but is small forward such an issue?

Rachele - large chunk of time when not in midfield
Rankine - resting up forward
Pedlar - see 2023 form
ANB - solid for a few years replacing Murph
Keays - does his job on hff week in and out
Taylor - resting when not on ball
Cook - see Taylor but more mid sized admittedly

Murphy
One more very dangerous and speedy one that loves the pressure game would be ideal

None of those above have rapid speed outside of Rankine who we want to use predominantly midfield

Stats wise in 2024 they're comparable and Rachele is 2 years younger.

Having Rachele, Pickett and Rankine in the same team would be an insane point of difference that teams would really struggle to line up against.

View attachment 2095170

We would have to change our delivery inside 50 to BOX Kicks, worm burners and Chaos balls to take full advantage.
Ummm, ok no change needed, get him in

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back