List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's BS!

We are months away from trading.

There are plenty of players traded where there is no mention prior to finals.

The silly season hasn't properly begun yet.
Man we need to play finals soon

All this prematurity is going to waste on unfertile ground :(

Realistically if Luko has a huge salary and not many clubs chasing him, it will depends on who blinks first. There is no way in hell that GC can get Rioli and Noble without a salary dump, not sure who else they count trade out on big bucks. GC will need to know early on him to go after all the players they want and so may even give him up for a third. GC never seem to need draft picks, always seem to have more picks then anyone else and even with academy players can still trade the picks for FU.
This hole thing with Luko will depend on who he picks and who has the cap space to afford him. Don’t believe the BS that they want a first and more. In the end, they could give him up for nothing to improve their club by adding a player like Rioli that is more a need for them. The media are just making up crap

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If we had a choice are we better off keeping Keane on a lower salary or getting Lukosius?

It appears so I'd be amazed if Alex Dodson was still there at our 2nd pick, I could see a club pouncing as early as later in the 1st round.
After he made the descision it woke up all the interstate scribes and they parroted each other,
just hope we don’t try and be too cute with this one.

The silence on C.Burgess makes me think we've given him a multi-year contract before realising he's no good.
Or we didn't & don't plan on extending him.

Even if he has 1 year left, best to delist him & free up a spot.

IIRC Burgess came to the Crows on a 2 year deal
Never have I seen it in the written media or in any live talk.

I just think it's most likely the case because he still had a further year on his contract with the Suns so you'd think he'd have wanted the extra year if we were keen.

We, along with 9 other clubs, have reached the end of our season - and the exit interviews have been done. If there's no smoke by now, it's very rare for there to be a fire.
There were plenty of players traded in previous years where there was no mention of their names as of the end of August.

We are months away from the trade period.

You are very wrong thinking all players traded are being talked about this time of year

That's BS!

We are months away from trading.

There are plenty of players traded where there is no mention prior to finals.

The silly season hasn't properly begun yet.
Just wait till Carlton get knocked out of the Finals, Im sure the heat will be ramped up on them trading McKay for Petracca.

You're discounting the option of swapping Rioli for Lukosius - at Richmond Lukosius would get the forward spot he wants, and all the commercial opportunities that come with being at one of the big Melbourne clubs, and all he has to do is put up with a few lean years while Richmond put their midfield back together.

Mean time the Coasters solve their cap problem and get Rioli without needing to involve anyone else.

There’s been no talk of the tigers being interested at all. Not saying it will be this time but sooner or later a club is going to get screwed by signing a big contract and then being unable to move them on. The way the GC academy is going and tuning out first rounders every year, they will want to get paid and they will need to give some guys away for nothing to balance the books.

Is he the best ruck prospect in the draft?
This is a list of the Rucks, Ruck/Forwards invited to the Draft Combines National/State.

National
Alex Dodson - SA - 203cm
Logan Smith - Giants Academy - 204cm
Floyd Burmeister - VC - 198cm
Aiden Riddle - WA - 199cm
Kayle Gerryen - WA - 199cm

State
Oliver Dean - Tas - 201cm
Lucas Impey - VM - 199cm
Jordan Docherty - VC - 199cm
Ajang Kuol mun - Cats VFL/Anakie - 206cm (22 YO)

* edited​

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a list of the Rucks, Ruck/Forwards invited to the Draft Combines National/State.

National
Alex Dodson - SA - 203cm

State
Lucas Impey - VM - 199cm

I know nothing about this kid, but I’d be steering well clear of any Tassie prospects for the next couple of years.

National
Alex Dodson - SA - 203cm

State
Lucas Impey - VM - 199cm
That Kayle Gerryn lad is meant to be pretty good, isn't he?

Unfortunately I don't think we are in a position to get rid of Strachan, our list management team have totally ignored our ruck department for years now. If we drafted a young developing ruck 3-4 years ago he would be ready to step in if needed. But now we are stuck with what we have for next year.

Strachan showed this year though he can’t run out a full game. So May as well play Burgess in the ruck as Kieran. He was disappointing when given a go. I would have no qualms in axing him and playing Borlase!
And don’t get me wrong. I thought he played well for a quarter or a half in each game. But was non existent in each second half - at 29, that’s bs

Yes, and looking at that list we're losing next to nothing in that lot.
As I mentioned in a previous post, if we are releasing these guys and potentially replacing them with
ANB
Lukosius
Rosas
Cumming
Pick 4 mid - one of Draper / Lalor / Smith etc
Pick 27
Welsh

We are miles and miles ahead of where we were imo

Then its just who do we replace nicks with to get the best out of the players;)

Yeah but will more likely be developed as a KPP than a ruck is the general consensus, KPF I'd think.
Hey being serious for a second, have you considered doing up a spreadsheet and tracking your picks in the draft and how they went 5+ years down the track?? And sending that to, preferably our club, to potentially add to our drafting intel?? Your posting across the years, along with a few others here, seriously seems to trump what our club has gone and done at the draft.

As I mentioned in a previous post, if we are releasing these guys and potentially replacing them with
ANB
Lukosius
Rosas
Cumming
Pick 4 mid - one of Draper / Lalor / Smith etc
Pick 27
Welsh

We are miles and miles ahead of where we were imo

Then its just who do we replace nicks with to get the best out of the players;)
This would be some bounty and would help any displeasure I would have experienced, if after 27 years Port were able to equal us in AFL flags. Noting they are probably still unlikely to have yet beaten a Vic team at the MCG on GF day.

This would be some bounty and would help any displeasure I would have experienced, if after 27 years Port were able to equal us in AFL flags. Noting they are probably still unlikely to have yet beaten a Vic team at the MCG on GF day.
If you look at say 5 or 6 of those we released and who we possible could be replacing them with, the floor of our squad looks like it has raised significantly. If only we had a real proper coach that could take us upwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back