List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree but still feel Aleer’s positives outweighs the negatives, especially his athleticism which does make Borlase look like Grenville Dietrich in comparison. Just get him to handball to Hinge or Cumming 😉
His cousin Dandenong Stingray's Malual Aleer is already a better kick...;)

and ROB goes down with an ACL in the first game, what would we do then? First rucking Tilthorpe is NOT an option

Strachan must be kept until we have another first ruck capable player on the list

I don't think there is any team we could get away with playing a Dodson as first ruck. We'd cop some dreadful beatings if we tried and bang up a teenager in the process.

On matters further down Port Road, Power have shown they are very willing to use future picks to get the player/s they really want, never discount them as a destination for home comers until the player says AFC
In the freak scenario ROB, who’s never been injured, cops an ACL, we are screwed whether it’s Dodson or Strachan replacing him. Dodson might even offer more around the ground in his first year than a 28 year old Strachan. We’d at least gain something long term by giving Dodson some early AFL experience. We could also manage his load in the latter parts of the season with Turray (again, not a great solution but neither is Strachan and Turray at least has potential).

I would love for us to grab an AFL competent backup but list spots and speculation suggest that’s not happening.

In the freak scenario ROB, who’s never been injured, cops an ACL, we are screwed whether it’s Dodson or Strachan replacing him. Dodson might even offer more around the ground in his first year than a 28 year old Strachan. We’d at least gain something long term by giving Dodson some early AFL experience. We could also manage his load in the latter parts of the season with Turray (again, not a great solution but neither is Strachan and Turray at least has potential).

I would love for us to grab an AFL competent backup but list spots and speculation suggest that’s not happening.
Remember 1997. Round 4 first ever showdown. Rehn not yet back from ACL. Pitman and Keating both injured. Blight had no choice but to bring in skinny 18 year old ruckman Tom Gilligan.

At least they redeemed themselves at the most critical list management in the last 3-4 years from the draft including recruitment of Dawson and Rankine otherwise we would have been stuffed big time given the list turnover we did in 2019 and 2020. This year was a big step back due to Nicks strange selection and game plan in the first 5 weeks so everything had to go our way which didn't happened from the non free kick after the siren against Essendon to the draw against Brisbane and then 3 point loss to Collingwood in the span of 4 weeks when we were playing catch up.
Not sure many are also talking about this https://www.afl.com.au/news/1203020...er-capitalise-adelaide-crows-dealt-brutal-run

Crows had by far and away - like never seen before - the hardest draw playing double up games vs 1,2,3,5,7,11. Power got 8th and lower. Effectively our 6 double up games were against teams 4-5 on average (GWS and Brissie) whilst Port Power got 6 games against an average of 13th or so (Saints and Suns territory) when they should have got a harder draw based on 2023 positions. We seem to be “unlucky” most years with this shit

Wriiting a “good strongly written letter” :) to AFL Execs asking for the following next year for double ups

Tier 1. (1-6) Power
Tier 2 (7-12) Saints and Bombers
Tier 3 (13-18) Tigers, Kangas and Weagles

This draw is what GC actually got this year with Eagles, Kangas, Tigers and Dons twice (plus GWS and Lions). They did shockingly considering but lost lots of close games also

Would be forced to use Himmelberg & Thilthorpe combo... so we would gain around the ground.

Not sure many are also talking about this https://www.afl.com.au/news/1203020...er-capitalise-adelaide-crows-dealt-brutal-run

Crows had by far and away - like never seen before - the hardest draw playing double up games vs 1,2,3,5,7,11. Power got 8th and lower. Effectively our 6 double up games were against teams 4-5 on average (GWS and Brissie) whilst Port Power got 6 games against an average of 13th or so (Saints and Suns territory) when they should have got a harder draw based on 2023 positions. We seem to be “unlucky” most years with this shit

Wriiting a “good strongly written letter” :) to AFL Execs asking for the following next year for double ups

Tier 1. (1-6) Power

This draw is what GC actually got this year with Eagles, Kangas, Tigers and Dons twice (plus GWS and Lions). They did shockingly considering but lost lots of close games also
Can someone actually do a comparison to the ladder last year.
Doing it compared to this year is pointless.

Last edited:
You're discounting the option of swapping Rioli for Lukosius - at Richmond Lukosius would get the forward spot he wants, and all the commercial opportunities that come with being at one of the big Melbourne clubs, and all he has to do is put up with a few lean years while Richmond put their midfield back together.

Mean time the Coasters solve their cap problem and get Rioli without needing to involve anyone else.
“A few lean years” hey. Have you seen who is leaving, who has already retired and their remaining older players on last legs (Lynch). With very few exciting youngsters.

They haven’t bottomed yet and will be out of contention for 5-7 years. Basically Lukos career so if he NEVER wants to play a finals game Tigers are definitely the choice for him

There were plenty of players traded in previous years where there was no mention of their names as of the end of August.

We are months away from the trade period.

You are very wrong thinking all players traded are being talked about this time of year
Well just over 5 weeks anyway.

Basically I agree with Vader that NORMALLY there is smoke about player movements, especially good->elite players, but certainly that’s not always the case, can you remember many examples of big names that popped up at the last moment during trade week. I am sure there is a few, perhaps a handful. Just not a huge number in recent years relative to all the players listed and speculated on (On Gettable etc) before the trade period

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone actually do a comparison to the ladder last year.
Doing it compared this is pointless.
I can’t be bothered comparing to last years ladder but posting the article showing we have clearly the hardest draw, that’s the key point in terms of impact on season. It still doesn’t make up for lots of other shit but would you think we are a better chance playing Saints/Suns in 6 extra games compared to GWS/Lions? I certainly do

Well just over 5 weeks anyway.

Basically I agree with Vader that NORMALLY there is smoke about player movements, especially good->elite players, but certainly that’s not always the case, can you remember many examples of big names that popped up at the last moment during trade week. I am sure there is a few, perhaps a handful. Just not a huge number in recent years relative to all the players listed and speculated on (On Gettable etc) before the trade period
It's not usual for players in a finals team to be not talked about before the finals where they are traded.

Yes, many of the traded players are known, there are always players that come out of the blue... this is the bit Vader is failing to recognise that not ALL players tonbe traded are being talked about this time of year.

I just saw him running around delfine Island, looked like a man with a lot on his mind. My money on he was delisted.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, i saw him last weekend on Rundle Street, didn't look very happy. There's no way he gets extended if hes only on a 1 year deal.

Tier 1. (1-6) Power

Not sure it matters too much when we lost to Richmond at home, Essendon at home, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Collingwood, and Fremantle, none of which made finals.

It's not like we were going all that well against the lower ranked teams and would have shot up the ladder with more favorable doubles

Burgess is contracted for 2025 so unlikely he gets delisted
How do you know? I don't believe the club actually ever revealed his contract status. I know his Suns contract ended this year, but it's known in public whether that was still the case with us.

I can’t be bothered comparing to last years ladder but posting the article showing we have clearly the hardest draw, that’s the key point in terms of impact on season. It still doesn’t make up for lots of other shit but would you think we are a better chance playing Saints/Suns in 6 extra games compared to GWS/Lions? I certainly do
How was the afl supposed to know hawthorn would jump up the ladder or Melbourne and Collingwood drop down.
Our draw ended up hard but that’s too bad, the AFL can’t predict that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back