List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well with Keane signing on, that now leaves less options for trade / delist
Keane is a good signing. I thought he was goneski.

We can get rid of Borlase now. Use a rookie pick on a KPD with more athleticism.

As if that lot would attract interest from other clubs. The dross at the 15th club rarely attracts the interest of a club with aspirations!
Last year :
Gold Coast (15th) traded:
Burgo to us
Chol to Hawks
Hollands to Carlton

Hawks (16th)
Jacob Koschitzke to Tigers
Brockman to Eagles
Ryan to Lions

North (17th)
Fisher to Carlton

What you've said is completely made up

Keane is a good signing. I thought he was goneski.

We can get rid of Borlase now. Use a rookie pick on a KPD with more athleticism.
I doubt we'll be making any "live" picks in the RD this year. In all likelihood we will just be filling the rookie list with players transferred off the senior list (via delisting & re-drafting).

But yes, this probably makes Borlase surplus to requirements - and his delisting creates a vacancy we can use for drafting/trading/free agents.

I doubt we'll be making any "live" picks in the RD this year. In all likelihood we will just be filling the rookie list with players transferred off the senior list (via delisting & re-drafting).
That would be a shame.

We should have at least one spot free in case someone slips through the main draft or even if we want a spot for a potential SSP pick to train with us over the summer.

But yes, this probably makes Borlase surplus to requirements - and his delisting creates a vacancy we can use for drafting/trading/free agents.
Unless Ch7 have totally whiffed - not an impossibility - Borlase signed a 2-year extension a couple of weeks ago.

That would be a shame.

We should have at least one spot free in case someone slips through the main draft or even if we want a spot for a potential SSP pick to train with us over the summer.
Depends on who, and how many, we bring in via other means (ND/Trading/FA).

ANB is pretty much confirmed, but all of the other moves (Luko/Cumming/Rosas) are nothing but rumours at present.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see if Borlase has been signed or not. Keane is a better player than Borlase for sure.
Keeping Borlase provides great depth, but is not a need.

I am concerned that we have put ourselves in a position where we lack flexibility in our list management again.
I totally disagree with people that think Borlase should be kept as depth. He sucks. Would rather have the list spot and tell Hamish to pull something out of his arse. He's done it before.

Unless Ch7 have totally whiffed - not an impossibility - Borlase signed a 2-year extension a couple of weeks ago.
Simeon Thomas-Wilson (I think that's the Addy guy) reported it like a month or so before 7 reported it, so maybe they're going off outdated news? At the time he reported we had a 2 year deal for Borlase on offer (and Himmelberg) and both were waiting to the end of the year to evaluate all their options given their free agent status.

Simeon Thomas-Wilson (I think that's the Addy guy) reported it like a month or so before 7 reported it, so maybe they're going off outdated news? At the time he reported we had a 2 year deal for Borlase on offer (and Himmelberg) and both were waiting to the end of the year to evaluate all their options given their free agent status.

Possibly, although from memory the Ch7 story actually said he'd signed a 2-year deal. Of course, Ch10 – just last week – reported that Darren Burgess was going to Carlton.

11? I see 9 and includes Brodie Triggers Smith

14​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
8​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
2​
Non-Free Agent​
4​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
5​
Non-Free Agent​
6​
Non-Free Agent​
4​
Non-Free Agent​
16​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
6​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
Chris Burgess brings it to 10.
Toby Murray might've only got a 6 month contract, you can do that for MSD can't you?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back