List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That screams of desperate "whatever it takes" sort of stuff.

That the club has been going on about all year wanting to be aggressive in the trade period, and the only player willing to look our way because of our inept, disfunctional footy department, gets traded for overs so we don't let one slip away.

ANB and is easily worth pick 25. One of the stars and ratings gurus on Twitter released a table of top 50 players in the comp based - ANB was about 46

Also been in Melbournes top 10 B&F last 3 years and will make it 4 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

ANB and is easily worth pick 25. One of the stars and ratings gurus on Twitter released a table of top 50 players in the comp based - ANB was about 46

He’s 29 years old.

Melbourne over the past 3-5 years have had a few superstars. Viney, Petracca, Oliver, Gawn, Brayshaw, May, Lever, Kosi.

To get in amongst this list repeatedly in a club bnf is elite company.

I've always liked him as a player and I think we shouldn't be surprised how nice an inclusion he will be in our team. Some posters are a bit meh... about him but he's been in a hard team to get recognition in.

Recent trades for players around the age of Neal-Bullen at the time of the trade

Taylor Adams - pick 33
James Harmes - future 3rd
Brodie Grundy - pick 46 + future 2nd
Shane McAdam - future 2nd
Jack Billings - future 3rd
Lachie Hunter - future 3rd
Rory Lobb - pick 30 + future 2nd
Tom Mitchell - pick 41 + pick 50
Jaeger O'Meara - future 2nd + Lloyd Meek
Blake Acres - future 3rd
Ben Brown - about pick 31
Kyle Hartigan - future 4th
Adam Treloar - virtually nothing
Josh Bruce - pick 31 + 51
Hugh Greenwood - future 3rd + future 4th
Alex Keath - future 2nd
Jack Steven - pick 58
Taylor Duryea - future 4th
Travis Colyer - future 4th
Gary Rohan - pick 61
Tom Scully - future 4th
Jordan Roughead - pick 75

From what I could tell, pick 25 would be among the most paid in five years for a player 28+ years old

Yes, but we're not trading for him on the basis of what he did in the past. We're trading for him on the basis of what he can offer us in the future.

He's 29, and it's unlikely he'd be able to replicate that previous form for much longer. Ergo, his value is not based on past performance, but predicted future performance.

Twomey's rankings, which he compiles based on conversations with recruiters, have had Welsh out of the top 30 all year. The Herald Sun's recent rankings had him at 50. It's not really a bad result for us, just don't think we need to budget on him being bid on in the first two rounds.
power rankings is not the draft. someone will bid early. i guess around 30. pick 25 will slide thats all im saying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but we're not trading for him on the basis of what he did in the past. We're trading for him on the basis of what he can offer us in the future.

He's 29, and it's unlikely he'd be able to replicate that previous form for much longer. Ergo, his value is not based on past performance, but predicted future performance.
A Vader post I can agree with

For some reason I now feel the urge to select a superannuation fund

I also suspect this, but if that were the case we must surely have a plan for either of those picks? Might be near the value of Rosas or a Henry Smith type?
Henry Smith is contracted and very much a wanted player by the Lions...he ain't going anywhere.

Rosas will be a late pck if indeed we have interest.

yes there is one other as pointed out by mutineer. one. thats right one other. we are lucky we have welsh coming in with just points. third and forth rounder points
Hamish Davis came very close only a week ago with 4 snags for Claremont in the WAFL

True but I was thinking if we weren't in a position to have a ruck after Rob and injured and afterwards I acknowledge it was a fair Necro post of 50 pages but Nick Murray would be a prospect. Misses on height but has a great jump and the sharpest knees in the AFL
We would definitely have to reinvent and he would be an option among many to help fill the void

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back