List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lairds body language and interactions with his team mates at the end of the year were not exactly positive or warm. I won't be surprised if he wants out. Like McHenry, he's another who our game doesn't suit and it would prolly be in his best interests to cruise.

Lairds body language and interactions with his team mates at the end of the year were not exactly positive or warm. I won't be surprised if he wants out. Like McHenry, he's another who our game doesn't suit and it would prolly be in his best interests to cruise.
What time do I pick him up for the airport

I would be absolutely amazed if he wanted out, on good coin, and gets to stay in Adelaide, 31 year old, just doesn't seem the type to want to move interstate at this time in his career.

Laird's attitude has always been the same, people just havent noticed it.

There's a reason why he's never in the leadership team or seen as a leader.

When the chips are down, his attitude has always stunk.

Laird's attitude has always been the same, people just havent noticed it.

There's a reason why he's never in the leadership team or seen as a leader.

When the chips are down, his attitude has always stunk.
Ive noticed it, a very serious almost grumpy type character.

This is an excerpt from todays news about Steven King. I hope he's okay.

But...

This paragraph shows a critical difference in a club seeking success compared to one seeking comfort. The AFC should hang it's head. We would never have the guts to do this.

"A former skipper of the Cats between 2003 and 2006, King played 193 games for Geelong — including the club's 2007 premiership — before moving to St Kilda for the final three seasons of his career"
We’ve done it before - Douglas, Lynch, Talia

But not having the balls to do it now is incredibly annoying

No club's giving up much for Laird. Certainly not a late first or early second, as was hypothesised on the previous page. The only two good scenarios are that either his form improves and he warrants a first 22 spot, or he progressively gets phased out of the side over the first half of next season.

If he left us he might actually be held accountable for some of his poor efforts. He's on the gravy train right now.

Laird won't go anywhere. He runs the risk of finding himself in a situation where he is held accountable. He's far too comfortable for that.

No club's giving up much for Laird. Certainly not a late first or early second, as was hypothesised on the previous page. The only two good scenarios are that either his form improves and he warrants a first 22 spot, or he progressively gets phased out of the side over the first half of next season.
Someone gave up a second rounder for an even more cooked McAdam

Someone gave up a second rounder for an even more cooked McAdam

Laird is 5 years older though. And we can't budget for a club being that stupid again. North probably the only club that could feasibly be interested, and they're chasing Parker who has more physical size and better leadership traits. It is what it is, Laird's been a very good soldier.

Laird is 5 years older though. And we can't budget for a club being that stupid again. North probably the only club that could feasibly be interested, and they're chasing Parker who has more physical size and better leadership traits. It is what it is, Laird's been a very good soldier.
Laird is 1 year older, and a better player with a far better record.

Yes on a bigger contract of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure we could pay half of his salary & get a better pick.

It would be in both parties interests he move on.

Laird is 1 year older, and a better player with a far better record.

Yes on a bigger contract of course.

You're totally right on the age, strange goof by me.

Think the point of difference is probably that McAdam, for his flaws, has an X-factor quality as a marking medium forward that Laird lacks.

I wouldn't mind us testing the waters with a Laird trade, but ultimately I think a maximum of 1 of 3 required parties would be interested.

Yeah as much as its a fantasy Laird isnt going anywhere and I also doubt we are phasing him out

To be fair he does bring - I dont want to use the word weapons - multi- positional ability

Can the coaches see the diminishment or will they persist

Encouragingly, he's already been phased out of the midfield. At least there is some recognition he's on his way out

I would be absolutely amazed if he wanted out, on good coin, and gets to stay in Adelaide, 31 year old, just doesn't seem the type to want to move interstate at this time in his career.
Just going through the motions.

There's no real desire for success or to get better within this club.

Encouragingly, he's already been phased out of the midfield. At least there is some recognition he's on his way out
He'll be back in the middle in R1 next year.

We'll hear about how he is smashing it in the possibles vs probables trial and that'll be enough to lock him in.

He'll be back in the middle in R1 next year.

We'll hear about how he is smashing it in the possibles vs probables trial and that'll be enough to lock him in.
'' flying in the preseason ''

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back