Resource 2024 Membership - 70,000 as at August 16th

Remove this Banner Ad

Today is Bulldogs membership day on SEN. They are selling 3 game memberships for $33. All 18 clubs get a membership day on SEN but this is classic manipulation. Wonder if the AFL will knock out this under $50 membership in the audit.

View attachment 2017767
I don't think the AFL cut off at $50 in the audit anymore. Pretty sure its now at least a $1 spend. So our memberships from retro guernsey competitions don't count (even if they give voting rights).

Clubs having big increasing membership numbers is great for the AFL's image. So anything to pump up that number.

I don't think the AFL cut off at $50 in the audit anymore. Pretty sure its now at least a $1 spend. So our memberships from retro guernsey competitions don't count (even if they give voting rights).

Clubs having big increasing membership numbers is great for the AFL's image. So anything to pump up that number.
Half decent, critical media would call these numbers out for what they are: product sales. Members usually have voting rights and are counted once.

Wait to Charlie hears about the 2c digital membership card

Membership Update 8th of July 2024 (DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER)

1720409731533.png

Increase of 320 members in 6 days (02/07/24)

Up by 4,240 members from same month last year (24/07/23 - 60,135)

Note
- AFLW membership's are on sale contributing to the increase

Membership Update 8th of July 2024 (DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER)
** Another update today **

1720420632857.png

- Another update today thats two in one day, maybe due to previous update not being posted on the website last week

Increase of 644 members in less than a day (08/07/24)

Up by 4,884 members from same month last year (24/07/23 - 60,135)

Note
- AFLW membership's are on sale contributing to the increase

I just received an email from the club saying they've "missed me at the footy this year", and offering me a free, complimentary 3-game membership to attend the remaining home games.

Yeah, nah.
Got the same. Maybe if I hold out long enough they'll offer to pay me to attend.

Further to my post just above from yesterday, I've just received a follow up email from the club "welcoming" me to the Port Adelaide membership family for 2024. Now, I didn't reply to the initial email, and I certainly didn't take up their "complimentary" 3-game offer. But I have apparently been added to the 2024 membership tally anyway.
This club is in a race to the bottom on all fronts.

Further to my post just above from yesterday, I've just received a follow up email from the club "welcoming" me to the Port Adelaide membership family for 2024. Now, I didn't reply to the initial email, and I certainly didn't take up their "complimentary" 3-game offer. But I have apparently been added to the 2024 membership tally anyway.
That’s messed up big time, no doubt they’re desperate to get more people to games despite not having a home crowd below 30k this season 🤦🏻

That’s messed up big time, no doubt they’re desperate to get more people to games despite not having a home crowd below 30k this season 🤦🏻
I am going to remain vigilant on this. Definitely wouldn't put it past these shysters to put my old Platinum membership seat back on auto-renewal for 2025. I don't trust anyone at that club one bit.

Again, same. Checked my bank account to make sure the dodgy ****ers hadn't charged me for anything, but seems to be all clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membership Update 18th of July 2024 (DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER)

1721273113108.png

Increase of 528 members in 10 days (18/07/24)

Up by 5,412 members from same month last year (24/07/23 - 60,135)

Note
- AFLW membership's are on sale contributing to the increase along with few our Bigfooty members who were unknowingly added to the Port's tally finbarr & Schulzenfest.

Lcoemwe to Port Adelaide 2024 Lads​

View attachment 2051175

Note
- AFLW membership's are on sale contributing to the increase along with few our Bigfooty members who were unknowingly added to the Port's tally finbarr & Schulzenfest.

This makes me feel slightly dirty.

I feel like my person has been violated.

View attachment 2051175

Note

So they are giving away free memberships (including to people who don't want them) and they only added 500?

Membership Update 23rd of July 2024

MEM24_AFL-MembershipCounter_2307.jpg

Increase of 635 members in 5 days (18/07/24)

Up by 8,100 members from this time last year (28/06/23 - 58,082)

40,000 had something better to do last Saturday night (Yes I know they're counting arms and legs and dogs and cats)

66k members and I just got an email from the club to buy "a special offer for 2 Saturday night blockbusters" (vs Swans and Crows) 🤔

Make it make sense.

66k members and I just got an email from the club to buy "a special offer for 2 Saturday night blockbusters" (vs Swans and Crows) 🤔

Make it make sense.
Probably half that figure would be season ticket holders.

Membership Update 29th of July 2024 (DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER)

1722214535498.png

Increase of 420 members in 6 days (23/07/24)

Up by 6,467 members from the same month last year (24/07/23 - 60,135)

Apologies if this topic is covered elsewhere.
I received an email from the club membership dept. It was a bit confusing so I decided to log in to my membership account and see what was happening. I found that my account details were not accepted and I had to now deal with Tiketmaster (what happened to Ticketek?), and Ticketmaster wanted my email address confirmed, which seemed strange because that is how the club always contacts me. Then they wanted my mobile phone number. Bear in mind that Ticketmaster are notorious for hoovering up personal details and then not protecting that data.
Home Affairs Department confirms cyber incident impacting Ticketmaster customers
Can somebody help me understand what is going on, and if there is any way of renewing my memberships without dealing with data thieves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Membership - 70,000 as at August 16th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back