Preview Changes & Preview Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty tall.

BZT 195, Aliir 194 and Sav 197.

BZT seems to do alright. Did good against Max King who's 202 and shut him out whilst Max had a pretty poor game. Same as he did ok on Curnow. Possibly BZT to Neale. Bergs to Jezza and Aliir to to Henry. Or it could be Aliir on Neale and BZT to Henry. Really depends on which forward they keep deeper. But bergman no doubt on Jezza and if Port smart, if Jez goes onto the wing then throw Drew on wing with him. No other target inside mid for Drew unless they target Stewart on ball.

Geelong will try and scare port into playing the 3 key defenders again with Sav back and so they bring Toddy in because I'm sure they've all seen the difference in port's backline without Sav.

BZT 195, Aliir 194 and Sav 197.

BZT seems to do alright. Did good against Max King who's 202 and shut him out whilst Max had a pretty poor game. Same as he did ok on Curnow. Possibly BZT to Neale. Bergs to Jezza and Aliir to to Henry. Or it could be Aliir on Neale and BZT to Henry. Really depends on which forward they keep deeper. But bergman no doubt on Jezza and if Port smart, if Jez goes onto the wing then throw Drew on wing with him. No other target inside mid for Drew unless they target Stewart on ball.

Geelong will try and scare port into playing the 3 key defenders again with Sav back and so they bring Toddy in because I'm sure they've all seen the difference in port's backline without Sav.
Bergman to Cameron
Zerk to Neale.
Aliir to Henry.

The matchups look good.

The problem with Cameron is when he leaves their f50. Does Bergman follow or does he try to pick him up on the way back in?

The problem with Cameron is when he leaves their f50. Does Bergman follow or does he try to pick him up on the way back in?

Bergman to pick Cameron up as he moves higher up the ground. Leave it to BZT when he's playing deep.

Am I the only one that feels uneasy about this game. We are playing to well and we are favourites.
Does any one know what we are doing with are training loads. L Jones said we were going light. It worries me. We have a real chance to take the whole thing out but we also dont play well after breaks. Geelong don’t either though.
Was having a similar sort of discussion with a friend of mine who was uneasy about this game, but also uneasy looking ahead to the entire finals series.

"If we lose we run into Hawthorn or Footscray, who will beat us. If we win we'll play one of the Sydney clubs or Brisbane, I don't see us making the GF"

I had to remind him that good sides tend to make the finals and to win the flag you'll have to beat at least 3 good sides. We are playing as well as anyone, there's no reason to think we aren't in this up to our eyeballs.

The reality is that there is no standout this year and each team inside the 8 is good but each team inside the 8 is fallible.

I'm nervous about the QF, but that's more because we've been let down so frequently and I don't want to get my hopes up... But there's no team in the 8 that I would fear playing this season.

Was having a similar sort of discussion with a friend of mine who was uneasy about this game, but also uneasy looking ahead to the entire finals series.

"If we lose we run into Hawthorn or Footscray, who will beat us. If we win we'll play one of the Sydney clubs or Brisbane, I don't see us making the GF"

I had to remind him that good sides tend to make the finals and to win the flag you'll have to beat at least 3 good sides. We are playing as well as anyone, there's no reason to think we aren't in this up to our eyeballs.

The reality is that there is no standout this year and each team inside the 8 is good but each team inside the 8 is fallible.

I'm nervous about the QF, but that's more because we've been let down so frequently and I don't want to get my hopes up... But there's no team in the 8 that I would fear playing this season.

Yes but there are still easier and harder paths within that context.

Our ideal path to the grand final involves us beating Geelong in our QF and GWS beating Sydney in their QF - meaning a home PF against Sydney unless they go out in straight sets.

If we were to win our QF but Sydney got up against GWS, it would set us up for a home PF against either Brisbane or GWS - both of whom smashed us in the finals last year and smashed us this season.

My main concerns for this game is how successful Scott will be in exploiting matchups with McEntee, Dixon, Burton and to a lesser extent, Francis Evans. And also if Marshall comes back in.

I'm worried about Cameron and Stengle but I think we have enough to put on them.

My main concerns for this game is how successful Scott will be in exploiting matchups with McEntee, Dixon, Burton and to a lesser extent, Francis Evans. And also if Marshall comes back in.

I'm worried about Cameron and Stengle but I think we have enough to put on them.

This particular game will come down to the midfield and coaching on a deeper strategical scenario. Cats main midfield threat IMO is danger. Shut down his burst in the mid and counter punch it and they'll be on top. Then just watch for rotation of Stewart & Jezza

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Drew gone with Danger before?
Unsure. Maybe have to re watch last season home game where Danger was reasonable quiet although came up in moments early on and he did the same ol danger nonsense for free kicks and 50m

Not sure how Drew goes on Danger? He's a bulldog really

Playing Marshall and losing him to a head knock in the first quarter would be the dumbest thing Ken could do. Would he risk it?
Marshall shouldn’t play in this finals series unless there is an injury to another key forward. To injury prone and he has not risen to the occasion in previous finals

So Stewart starts in the middle then drifts back. I assume we will launch the Cheese at Stewart. This will mean that Geelong will play plus 1 at the back or at the ball.

If the plus 1 is Duncan or Holmes that might present a problem. Our plus 1 will be Burton if they are playing tall or Aliir if they are playing small.

They will be hoping to turn us around each time we win it out of the centre. If we don't win the middle we are finished.

If we dominate the middle we will win.

This particular game will come down to the midfield and coaching on a deeper strategical scenario. Cats main midfield threat IMO is danger. Shut down his burst in the mid and counter punch it and they'll be on top. Then just watch for rotation of Stewart & Jezza
I'm not so concerned with the midfield matchup. We should do well.
Sweet will go to town on whoever the Cats put in the ruck and the rest of the midfielders should win overall.

I'm not so concerned with the midfield matchup. We should do well.
Sweet will go to town on whoever the Cats put in the ruck and the rest of the midfielders should win overall.

If Visentini can goto town on Stanley then you'd assume Sweety will do more damage. Stanley may of just had a very poor game but still. Vis is young and still learning but definite potential. My only worry in the mid is Danger being in beast form and like he's pumped up full of drugs 😂

If Visentini can goto town on Stanley then you'd assume Sweety will do more damage. Stanley may of just had a very poor game but still. Vis is young and still learning but definite potential. My only worry in the mid is Danger being in beast form and like he's pumped up full of drugs 😂
He is a bit of a concern with or without drugs. I just think our midfield is hard and tough and talented and should do the job.

Forgive me as I've not watched loads of footy this year because of time zone differences but what's happened to Williams? Great user, cool head from what I saw last year. Any reason he can't replace Farrell/Houston? Or is Sinn preferred now?

He somehow got slower, I was a big fan last year, but he got exposed as glacial this year, probably as his positioning wasn’t as good. Which is shit as he should be the perfect replacement for Farrell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back