MRP / Trib. 2024 MRO & Tribunal discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Steven May flopping his head last night might help the narrative this week

Did I just hear on the news the Cats are challenging the Dangerfield decision?

That's been the line since yesterday - think they have to wait until tomorrow to make it official

I think the holding onto both of Walsh's arms will work against him. Aside from the head touching a blade of grass in a tackle, that has been on the markers. And didn't they seem to say last week that a sling alone is ok. :think:

I still think that there should be media campaign promoting the tacklee showing duty of care for himself. If he feels the grip of an opposition player, he is 'tackled' and must give himself up and stop. :tongueoutv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the holding onto both of Walsh's arms will work against him. Aside from the head touching a blade of grass in a tackle, that has been on the markers. And didn't they seem to say last week that a sling alone is ok. :think:

I still think that there should be media campaign promoting the tacklee showing duty of care for himself. If he feels the grip of an opposition player, he is 'tackled' and must give himself up and stop. :tongueoutv1:

I posted before that I'd like to see the AFL and umps give a practical demonstration of a guy running his opponent down from behind at a speed around 30kmh, and tackling him without pinning both arms and without taking both to ground.

I'll venture it's impossible.

At a minimum it'd require the tackler to use one arm only, which would almost defy physics, certainly create an unbalanced action, and consequently cause a higher probability of injury.

I think Danger did what he could and Walsh contributed to his head hitting the ground but going to be a hard one to successfully argue at tribunal I feel

Apparently we will also be arguing for medium impact to be reduced to low which would overturn the suspension.

Not a dig, but a serious question.....how else could he have tackled him, what else could he have done??

Released Walsh to allow him to either dispose of the ball or run off b🤷‍♀️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back