List Mgmt. 2024 National Draft - November 20-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong loaded up in 2001.
Geelong done extremely well with half those picks. richmond have 8 picks in the first 23. The Tigers are going to have to get it right

8 Bartel
17 Kelly
23 charlie Gardner
24 Steve Johnson
40 Gary Ablett
41 Henry playfair
69 M McCarthy
81 D Johnson

Supposed super draft.
Potentially set them up for one.

Both are IFs.

If it is one and if they get it right. Then develop well.

Geelong loaded up heavily in 01 which i guess is still used as the flag bearer for so called super drafts.
That was 23 years ago ( it also included the best father son of all time up until that point in time). Assume there must have been some other super drafts, supposed or otherwise, since then with presumably mixed to poor results for teams that went hard at them

Supposed super draft.
Potentially set them up for one.

Both are IFs.

If it is one and if they get it right. Then develop well.

Geelong loaded up heavily in 01 which i guess is still used as the flag bearer for so called super drafts.
There were about a dozen stars drafted in 2001 and Cats got a third of them: Gaz, Bartel, StevieJ and Kelly.

That was 23 years ago ( it also included the best father son of all time up until that point in time). Assume there must have been some other super drafts, supposed or otherwise, since then with presumably mixed to poor results for teams that went hard at them
I can't remember any but there might be 1 or 2. What we haven't seen before is 8 picks in the first 23. Tiger's can't afford to stuff it up

Yeah there’s a reason we haven’t seen before and it’s absolutely crazy stuff
I like it. Having a real crack. I think it'll work. From this haul and next year's first or second - get in 3 or 4 top liners and then trade hard to build a team set for sustained success. They're not doing Ninthmond again.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 National Draft - November 20-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back