Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I looked over that list half a dozen times and I knew I missed someone in that top 30. Hannaford is top 25 for mine. He’d slip in @25 in front of Cooper Hynes. I’ll update it tomorrow when I upload the spreadsheet.

chubbspeterson, I’m not sold on Alger, think he plays more like a marking forward rather than a genuine ground level player. His forward pressure for mine can also be a bit hit and Miss.
Did think it was a little odd having Hannaford at 50+ lol.
Dattoli seems to be rated higher than Jasper. Will be interesting to see where they all go in the draft.

Jagga showed his versatility in this game, spending a lot of time in the forward line and using his elite IQ and movement to find space. His disposal by foot was mostly on point, setting up his teammates inside 50 on a number of occasions.

Twomey linked us with Tauru on trade radio.

Also this piece from MM:

READER QUESTIONS:

From Vince: What’s happening at the Bombers this trade period?
From Matlock: Realistically, what is the best outcome North Melbourne could get from sliding back from pick two?

MARC MCGOWAN: It’s a two-fold question – there’s a reason why we’re answering these two questions in two.

I think one of the potential things Essendon could look to do is try and deal with a North Melbourne or a West Coast who are both open to splitting [with picks] – North Melbourne pick two, West Coast pick three.

The reason Essendon would be a good candidate for that is because they have a really talented NGA (next generation academy) kid Isaac Kako, who has just shot up draft boards. He’s a really dangerous, exciting, small forward. Melbourne is potentially very interested, I think it will land at pick six and that would be ahead of Essendon. That would force Essendon’s hand and they’d have to use their first pick, which at the moment is at nine, just behind St Kilda’s two picks.

The alternative would be for Essendon to jump ahead of Melbourne, which would allow them to get a pick in before they had to match a bid for Kako. That’s definitely another option.

The thing that needs to be factored in here is North Melbourne don’t need another midfielder. They’ve got such a deep group of young talented midfielders. This draft is dominated by midfielders at the top. Everything I’m hearing is that North Melbourne likes a kid called Alix Tauru, who is an intercept defender, a 191cm intercept defender. No-one else has him as high as potentially North Melbourne would. By sliding back (in the order} they can probably still get Tauru with a later pick. But they might also be able to get a future first round pick, so that’s clearly what North Melbourne is thinking.

Is there a link to the whole chat transcript??

You're going to be unhappy draft night when we call out Tauru.
I’ve always thought we were taking Armstrong, then attempting to get back into top 10 and take Tauru.
But for some reason I can’t get away from this feeling we are keen on Lalor.
All 3 look like the biggest “competitors” from this draft to me.
Get em all!! Fk Houston.

I’ve always thought we were taking Armstrong, then attempting to get back into top 10 and take Tauru.
But for some reason I can’t get away from this feeling we are keen on Lalor.
All 3 look like the biggest “competitors” from this draft to me.
Get em all!! Fk Houston.
Really wouldn’t mind doing both the trade of 2 for two slightly later picks AND the trade of the F1st to get 4-5 top 25 picks.

-Get Armstrong to develop into our CHF.

-Get Tauru to be a swing man in defence or maybe a modern wing in time.

-Get Berry/Hannaford to wait at the feet of our existent timber.

-Get either Bo Allen or Taj Hotton to be the dash of risk/spice that could completely shift the dynamic of the team.

List balance fixed in one draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really wouldn’t mind doing both the trade of 2 for two slightly later picks AND the trade of the F1st to get 4-5 top 25 picks.

-Get either Bo Allen or Taj Hotton to be the dash of risk/spice that could completely shift the dynamic of the team.

Spot on, this is the way I hope it plays out

Something like that could happen for sure. Tigers could end up with 6 (GC - Rioli), 10 (Freo - Bolton), 14 (WCE Baker), 18 (Freo), 20 (Lions). I'm assuming 6 for Rioli is enough and 10 and 18 for Bolton gets it done and WCE give up 14 off Hawks for Barass for Baker. Our F1 for a package involving Freo's remaining pick 11 or GWS 15/16/21/F1 could be options. Could get real interesting that's for sure.

I know about a decade ago we went tall with 3 picks and that didn’t pan out to well but I’m all in for going tall again.
Downgrade pick 2 for 6+12 and trade f1 to Aints for pick 7
Get taura , Armstrong / Shanahan, Whitlock x2 and Hannaford pick 22 as our small fwd
Was that something like Durdin, EVW, and backer by Petracca at the time for a being a better player than him (his words) Neilson?

What's the story with him? Did he play with OP throughout the season or something?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I haven't heard anything about OP, just reacting to the kind of kid he is, looks a ripper. He's obviously had some injuries. The talent is one thing, but the club would also look at the fit culturally with the club and the group. If they're looking for players who have shinboner qualities of being competitive, driven and resilient then FOS/Lalor/Tauru would fit that mould on appearances and the injury battles they've gone through and the natural competitiveness in their games.
It'll be interesting to see how much we value that when breaking down the top 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back