Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the issue now is that clubs know we can’t go just go to the draft with 2 and 62.
we can 2,62 and upgrade a rookie

that is allowed and would have no issue with that if we don't get the right offer (list spots tight anyway so not like we need to draft more)

yes it is unlikely but that shouldn't change our stance on pick 2 for 6 and 10/11 equivalent deals

My preference is to hold pick 2 until draft night and if Smith is there at 2, take him. I rate him as best player in the AFL level.

If the tigers select him at 1 I’d look to trade.
I was typing pretty much that as you posted this :thumbsu:

that is allowed and would have no issue with that if we don't get the right offer (list spots tight anyway so not like we need to draft more)

yes it is unlikely but that shouldn't change our stance on pick 2 for 6 and 10/11 equivalent deals
2 and 62 in a draft this deep, we're flipping morons of the highest order.

You’re making a lot of sense lately

62 will come in a fair way after F/S and academy hey?
It think it will come in 10 or so spots just based on Ashcroft, Kako, Marshall and Ben Campo bids.
I might have missed a few F/S and NGA's, can't seem to find a full list of them anywhere.

If Ashcroft bid at pick 1 (3000 pts less 20% disc. = 2400) - 27/34/42/43/49/60 (2451 pts)
If Ashcroft bid at pick 2 (2517 pts less 20% disc. = 2014) - 27/34/42/43 (2018 pts)
If Kako bid at pick 5 (1878 pts less 20% disc. = 1502) - 28/31/40 (1712 pts)
If Marshall bid on pick 23 (Twomey) (815 pts less 20% disc = 652) - 49/60/66 (513 pts)
If Marshall bid on pick 29 (ESPN) (653 pts less 20% = 522) - 49/60/66 (513 pts)
Campo twins bids (30-60 range) - 38 (Ben)? 63 (The other not as good one)
Barrett (Port NGA) - pick 50? Rookie?
Nguyen (Bombres NGA) - 53/54/65? Rookie?
Cole (Saints NGA) - 47? Rookie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It think it will come in 10 or so spots just based on Ashcroft, Kako, Marshall and Ben Campo bids.
I might have missed a few F/S and NGA's, can't seem to find a full list of them anywhere.

If Ashcroft bid at pick 1 (3000 pts less 20% disc. = 2400) - 27/34/42/43/49/60 (2451 pts)
If Ashcroft bid at pick 2 (2517 pts less 20% disc. = 2014) - 27/34/42/43 (2018 pts)
If Kako bid at pick 5 (1878 pts less 20% disc. = 1502) - 28/31/40 (1712 pts)
If Marshall bid on pick 23 (Twomey) (815 pts less 20% disc = 652) - 49/60/66 (513 pts)
If Marshall bid on pick 29 (ESPN) (653 pts less 20% = 522) - 49/60/66 (513 pts)
Campo twins bids (30-60 range) - 38 (Ben)? 63 (The other not as good one)
Barrett (Port NGA) - pick 50? Rookie?
Nguyen (Bombres NGA) - 53/54/65? Rookie?
Cole (Saints NGA) - 47? Rookie?
Essendon will trade out 28 and 31 for future picks, as they can get enough points from their later picks.

I got a feeling Adelaide will be looking at our F1 so they have some currency to get Sharp next year. F1 for 4. we start with 2 and 4. Split 2 with Richmond. Stay in from of Melbourne, as I get the feeling Us and Melbourne are looking at the same player.

I got a feeling Adelaide will be looking at our F1 so they have some currency to get Sharp next year. F1 for 4. we start with 2 and 4. Split 2 with Richmond. Stay in from of Melbourne, as I get the feeling Us and Melbourne are looking at the same player.

It would be an option if Draper wasn't a rolled gold option for them at that position.

No guarantee Sharp is even better than him, as good as he looks.

Im sure their internal target would be getting both of them.

But the club has always said they don’t need to use top picks on KPP. So why would that change this time?
take time to develop and may as well get cracking on that now while Darling is there to have their backs over the next couple of years. There are several in this draft, if you miss out on one, there's other good prospects. Can always pick up good mids in the first round.....want to be top 3 or 4 to get elite mids though. Daresay, in Sheezel, McKercher, Wardlaw, LDU, plus Parker for a few years we have enough midfield elite talent for now, (plus powell, Will Phil, and Jy, and with Darling and Parkers arrival who knows, Curtis, Duursma, Zuurhaar could get time up the ground). Reckon we need to go tall, preferably split 2 and trade next years picks into this year.

It would be an option if Draper wasn't a rolled gold option for them at that position.

No guarantee Sharp is even better than him, as good as he looks.

Im sure their internal target would be getting both of them.
I feel you're going to be terribly disappointed with what we will receive if we end up trading our F1 and/or splitting pick 2. Things aren't going to get any easier for you as a Norths supporter for a while yet.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but strongly think that if Tigers don’t offer pick 6. We’re far better off keeping pick 2 and drafting best available (if that be FOS or Lalor, so be it). Rather that than accepting their subpar offer of 10 + 11/13/18 or whatever it will be.

That may seem counterintuitive since we have nice midfield already. But history in hindsight has always far favored the careers of top end talent of a top 3/4 pick in the draft then the combined, sum of teen picks. It’s a landslide outcome and not even close. If anyone doubts this, look at history of the last 20 years of drafts and show me evidence that suggests otherwise.

I know we favor Tauru and/or reaching for a key position player at pick #2. But if Tigers don’t play ball and offer us top end pick slide down to 6, it’s far better to take our chances on Lalor/Fos with pick 2 than taking their lowball offer and drafting a couple of speculative kids in the teens (or alternatively reaching for Tauru or another KP player at #2) when those guys are almost unanimously ranked outside the top group of players in this draft.

What do you guys think? Anyone agree with that thought? 🧐
I agree, with so many picks in the draft I can only suspect they'll want 2 to target a player that we may want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back