• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If true I wonder if that means we'll be looking to trade out our first or take 2 kids ahead of the Campo boys
With the “old” system remaining, there is nothing to stop us using that first rounder. Dattoli second or even third round it would seem. Hoping we have somehow lined up a mature(ish) key tall. We can cover the Campos with bits and pieces if the bids are late enough.

With the “old” system remaining, there is nothing to stop us using that first rounder. Dattoli second or even third round it would seem. Hoping we have somehow lined up a mature(ish) key tall. We can cover the Campos with bits and pieces if the bids are late enough.
Yep and our draft could end up being:
  • First rounder - let's say Harry Armstrong cos why not
  • Ben Campo second round matched bid
  • Dattoli third round selection
  • Lucas Campo rookie

I would be very happy with that

Yep and our draft could end up being:
  • First rounder - let's say Harry Armstrong cos why not
  • Ben Campo second round matched bid
  • Dattoli third round selection
  • Lucas Campo rookie

I would be very happy with that
Does absolutely nothing to address our immediate list issues re speed and foot skills though

Wouldn’t imagine this years draft crop will play much next year if at all. If it’s speed you want, it’s going to have to come via trade
I think a lot of players this year will have year 1 impact. Some very very good kids in this draft even if theres no superstar calibre talents at the pointy end.

I think a lot of players this year will have year 1 impact. Some very very good kids in this draft even if theres no superstar calibre talents at the pointy end.
That’s fair. But very doubtful we debut more than 1 mid (if we actually take a mid) from this years draft next year. It’s why I think all of next years picks should be on the table this year to either go to the draft with or to trade. The time is now

For sure, i thought Windsor came in to AFL and slotted in great, he would have been great for us. Im on board with trying to get another 1st rounder but I wont hold my breath.

Austin hasn’t shown anything to indicate he’s willing to pay overs to trade up or even trade F1 to get more picks.

Whenever i watch TV or listen to music loud, my partner comes in and turns it down but every time goes way to low.

I feel like this represents what we did with SOS, the board thought he was reckless and over complicated things and Austin is the too soft version.

Does absolutely nothing to address our immediate list issues re speed and foot skills though

When you talk of speed, are you meaning in midfield or half forward or it doesnt matter? Is Isaac Cumming from the Giants someone who addresses that?

Im a big Saad fan, i think he’s evasive, aggressive, good in the air, tough and he can run, but it doesnt seem like he provides much run off half back, or less than what he could, so i wonder if a running half back like Cumming or a Bailey Dale type would be really good for us.

As Keays is off the table I’m checking what other free agents would strengthen our side

Both of the Whitlocks should be there at our first pick, at some stage we have to draft a proper key position player at a much less speculative pick than we have been for the last 8 years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeap, I like both the Whitlock boys and a couple of other KPDs in that range

If we go down that path, I hope we move on some tall defenders and target a mature age type for a couple of years to support Weitering

Or, the other option, go hard at Harry Edwards, but doubt he leaves WC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both of the Whitlocks should be there at our first pick, at some stage we have to draft a proper key position player at a much less speculative pick than we have been for the last 8 years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Tell me about it; it's not going to get any easier from here on and this may be a year in which the KPP value might actually align with where we take our first pick. You have to take the opportunities when they are there.

Draft for long term careers. Trade for immediate list needs.
Long and short term needs are pace and footskills. Should be trying to address it via trade and draft right now.

Harry and Charlie are only 27 this year so we don't need to invest in an up and coming KPF this year like Armstrong imo. And that's from someone who'd absolutely love to see him at our club on a personal level.

Long and short term needs are pace and footskills. Should be trying to address it via trade and draft right now.

Harry and Charlie are only 27 this year so we don't need to invest in an up and coming KPF this year like Armstrong imo. And that's from someone who'd absolutely love to see him at our club on a personal level.
Fair call. I still dream of Charlie playing as a roaming third tall.

Fair call. I still dream of Charlie playing as a roaming third tall.
Unless he's playing on a wing no team is ever going to let Charlie roam anywhere without 3 blokes stuck to him like a bad smell.

The best thing we can do is find some elite kicks so they can hit him on the tit on a lead instead of asking him to mark it in a pack for 15.

This year is a make or break affair for Austin.
He hasn't come up trumps so far with Moir and Wilson. I'm prepared to see how they go next year after another preseason but so far the gamble hasn't paid off.
Still not convinced on Boyd because we are hell bent on not using him in a role that suits him.
Sounds like Lord might be Austin's saviour.

what good player has austin actually drafted? starting to put together multiple drafts that are looking underwhelming. That is how you end up where richmond are now

This year is a make or break affair for Austin.
He hasn't come up trumps so far with Moir and Wilson. I'm prepared to see how they go next year after another preseason but so far the gamble hasn't paid off.
Still not convinced on Boyd because we are hell bent on not using him in a role that suits him.
Sounds like Lord might be Austin's saviour.
Wilson is a player. Moir never been convinced on but has started to show some signs athletically of getting back to the 'freak' he was talked about before his draft year. Speed and agility improved considerably over the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back