• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m in all on trading next years first and getting an extra pick in the 12-16 range. There are some very good options around this mark that suit what we need (skillful + run) and if we would have x2 first rounder + Ben it would be a great result. I would also be in favor of saying to Freo here is our first plus martin for the pies first. This could allow us to get net a Trainor type plus a skillful runner.

I think there could be a lot if sliders and a lot will depend on who does what in the trade period.
As things currently stand, I wouldn't mind getting in a 2nd early pick.
If we were able to do that then we might be able to go for Lalor first, then use the second on Hotton.
I know a lot will baulk re his ACL injury but his upside could be amazing.
Many great players came into the draft under an injury cloud, including both Judd and Cripps.

A couple of movers in Twomey’s latest ratings. Langford and Armstrong heading up in the ranks.
If we miss the finals, Lalor and Trainor become feasible for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The more I read, the more I want two out of Lindsay/Berry/Travaglia.

Think there'll be plenty of clubs trying to get into this draft, don't think there'll be many happy to get out.
I think something could shake out with Freo, Brisbane, Swans or Gold Coast. Just depends on how proactive we are willing to be.

Think there'll be plenty of clubs trying to get into this draft, don't think there'll be many happy to get out.
Hoping someone has a gun FS pick or the like for next year and may need the extra picks later in the first round. I’m manifesting it 😂

Hoping someone has a gun FS pick or the like for next year and may need the extra picks later in the first round. I’m manifesting it 😂
Gold Coast have picks and Lombard as academy.
Freo have picks.
Lions have F/S

Demand will be high though, reckon we'll struggle to get another 1st. Maybe something like we find another 2nd (say Owies), trade 2x2 for a higher 2nd and some later points.

Gold Coast have picks and Lombard as academy.
Freo have picks.
Lions have F/S

Demand will be high though, reckon we'll struggle to get another 1st. Maybe something like we find another 2nd (say Owies), trade 2x2 for a higher 2nd and some later points.
GC will have Adelaide’s first pick for Lukosius when he requests trade.

Depending on how far we fall Draper is obviously the dream, but Travaglia at 13, Lindsay at 16 and Berry at 17 would be great for us if we could get 2 top 15ish picks.

As others have mentioned above, trading an Owies type or a Kennedy/Hewett could unlock that for us without giving up our future first by packaging them up with a F2 or our 2nd this year.

Gold coast, Brisbane and the Swans have a plethora of academy kids next year they might look to load up on picks for and sacrifice their position this year.

Depending on how far we fall Draper is obviously the dream, but Travaglia at 13, Lindsay at 16 and Berry at 17 would be great for us if we could get 2 top 15ish picks.

As others have mentioned above, trading an Owies type or a Kennedy/Hewett could unlock that for us without giving up our future first by packaging them up with a F2 or our 2nd this year.

Gold coast, Brisbane and the Swans have a plethora of academy kids next year they might look to load up on picks for and sacrifice their position this year.
If we end up with pick 10 and Lindsay and Berry are likely to be available in the late teens could we not potentially trade back for them?

Travaglia at 13, Lindsay at 16 and Berry at 17 would be great for us if we could get 2 top 15ish picks.
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who are the ones with leg speed. Also side note I know this isn’t 2024 draft but 2025 but where are ison and Gresham rated draft pick range wise

So who are the ones with leg speed. Also side note I know this isn’t 2024 draft but 2025 but where are ison and Gresham rated draft pick range wise

It doesn't look like an overly quick draft crop. Plenty of balanced and contested mids, quite a few talls but not many that scream top 10 let alone top 5. Berry and Kako are quick small forwards (Kako tied to Essendon via NGA), Travaglia has a bit of dash as a tallish half back.

There's probably some real quick kids deeper in the draft, but they'll naturally have other question marks over their games (ability to find the ball, strength, disposal, work-rate etc.), so it's more a balancing act to get enough speed without compromising on other skills that make that speed somewhat useless.

In these Ben Campo highlights I see Patrick Cripps and Scott Pendlebury

I also see a big frame, I think he'll stack on the size once he gets into an AFL weights program

Really excited by him

There’s always clubs who need to get out as to match bids, Brisbane might want to trade their 1st for multiple lower picks.

Richmond could have 4-5 first round picks, if that was me, I’d move one to next year.

I’m sure there will be other options.

Clubs paid a premium last year to move up in the first round, Twomey has Berry at 17 I think, as we currently have 10, we might be able to get another terms pick by trading down.

Clubs paid a premium last year to move up in the first round, Twomey has Berry at 17 I think, as we currently have 10, we might be able to get another terms pick by trading down.
Last year was very different to this one. The gulf between the top 12-13 picks and the rest of the draft was monumental.

Moving up or down the first round will be less costly this year imo, by quite a margin too.

Richmond are likely to obtain several first to second round picks with the exit of their players. That would mean that they maybe after some experienced guys to not go Full North Melbourne for years.
Could be a good opportunity to get another bite this year and give them ours next year, they aren't going to want all picks out of 1 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back