• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 8.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Any conerns with Alix's injury history? Just reading some stuff online about an 18-month bad run with injuries (including ankle, finger and hip). Other thing would be whether he is ready to impact straight away - key position players normally take a few years and with our first pick I would be keen on going for someone that can slot straight in.

Any conerns with Alix's injury history? Just reading some stuff online about an 18-month bad run with injuries (including ankle, finger and hip). Other thing would be whether he is ready to impact straight away - key position players normally take a few years and with our first pick I would be keen on going for someone that can slot straight in.

I can't say anything about his injury history but the fact that he's been used in a number of roles gives the club the type of utility that it may need to get games into him earlier than if he was a straight up KPD.

My concern is that he's another of those 192/193cm types and ends up being much like Kemp in that he doesn't quite have the size to be a genuine key position player which is what we need.

194 was the last figure I saw...has a decent leap too, not concerned about height but see him more as an intercept marker

Would be interesting to know for sure. Twomey has him 193cm the last couple of months.

Anytime I see the words utility used, my confidence in any player dives.

To me, it just means, too big to be a mid or half forward/back and too small to be a key back or forward.

Height can change and it’s funny that I will dismiss a kid at 193cm but at 195cm I’m all in.
Alix played Key Back at under 18s and looked great. He's fine at that position at worst

Not that we're going to have our draft pick anyway but the player social media has linked to us the most has flown up the draft boards and is probably now outside our reach.

He's also not on your list. Surprisingly.
Expecting our list management team to be prioritising leg speed and ball use anyway. Think it's only a few nuffies on here (including myself in this) that are keen on Tauru

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expecting our list management team to be prioritising leg speed and ball use anyway. Think it's only a few nuffies on here (including myself in this) that are keen on Tauru
Tauru really doesn’t excite me. Super athletic, but minimal output per “touch” ball skills ordinary and misses quite a few marks he should have taken. May develop and make a mockery of my judgement, but raw is an understatement.

With minimal draft capital, we need low risk options at our top end picks, not project types with questionable ceilings.

Surely we need kids with established credentials with high floors and ceilings as high as can be assured for players if their age.

Other than our need for a KPD, which is a little subjective due to the development paths of talls, we are lucky in that the types we need (small forward, speedy outside leaning distributor, half back distributor/rebounder) are usually early maturing, quick/immediate impact types. Required traits should be apparent in these kids.

A few years ago we had a myriad of draft selections, with many at the pointy end. There was more scope to be a bit “imaginative” with our picks. Surely we are now in the window of conservative, well researched selections. We have gaps to fill and minimal chances to do so, every pick is “gold”.

Early crack at a Phantom.

1. Brisbane: Will Ashcroft
2. Richmond: Sam Lalor
3. North: Harry Armstrong
4. W.Coast: Harvey Langford
5. Adelaide: Sid Draper
6. Melbourne: Murphy Reid
7. Richmond: Jagga Smith
8. StKilda: Finn O'Sullivan
9. Essendon: Josh Smillie
10. Port: Jobe Shanahan
11. G.Coast: Xavier Lindsay
12. Carlton: Tobie Travaglia

I have assumed a couple of trades but they don't affect things too much imo.

I would be fine with a handful of players bang in our range. Do like Travaglia for us though. And we have had a look at him.
No Lombardo? GC getting another academy bargain if he slips outside the top 10, will be a gun

He'd probably be my first pick at first look but doubt he'll be around at pick 11. Berry looks OK but our back line is what is in DIRE need in the next few years with Docherty (body/age), Newman(age), McGovern(body/age), Kemp (Move FWD), Young (depth),Nick Haynes (age) all unlikely to be around in a couple of years, it's very important we address this ASAP.

My pick atm would be Luke Trainor.

Ben Kennedy from Yarrawonga/Xavier I'd be all over for a later round pick. Kid is all class and can play tall and small forward. Played really well in the O+M grand final yesterday although his kicking at goal was uncharacteristically wayward.

Anyone know anything else about this kid?

Last edited:
He'd probably be my first pick at first look but doubt he'll be around at pick 11. Berry looks OK but our back line is what is in DIRE need in the next few years with Docherty (body/age), Newman(age), McGovern(body/age), Kemp (Move FWD), Young (depth),Nick Haynes (age) all unlikely to be around in a couple of years, it's very important we address this ASAP.

My pick atm would be Luke Trainor.
We have Cowan, Wilson, Boyd, Cincotta and both Hollands boys who can all play half back to a reasonable level.

We have absolutely 0 quality small forwards. Biggest current hole on our list outside of KPD, which generally takes multiple years before they start impacting from the draft.

Personally would be trying to address our KPD issues at the trade table given it's an immediate need not a future one.

Absolutely stunning performance from Hannaford in the grand final.
The fierce pressure, clean hands, good decision making, excellent disposal and a set shot goal from outside 50. He’s flying up my list of preferences showing his versatility across the season playing back, forward and in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back