• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday relaxing day and I thought I would put out some names and a rough ranking. This is with a Carlton focus, very unsure about where our picks will end up. The Campo boys I feel we may get cheaper than we initially thought years ago. B Campo might be worth considering matching a bid from pick 25 onwards, anything before that, it might be worth skipping.
  1. Ashcroft
  2. Draper
  3. Lalor
  4. Lombard
  5. Reid
  6. Smith
  7. Langford
  8. FOS
  9. Lindsay
  10. Travaglia
  11. Hannaford
  12. Berry
  13. Marshall
  14. Tauru
  15. Smillie
  16. Hotton
  17. Davis
  18. Dattoli
  19. Kako
  20. Dodson
  21. Armstrong
  22. Trainor
  23. Allan
  24. Hynes
  25. J Whitlock
  26. M Whitlock
  27. Shanahan
  28. Anderson
  29. Ough
  30. Gross

Sunday relaxing day and I thought I would put out some names and a rough ranking. This is with a Carlton focus, very unsure about where our picks will end up. The Campo boys I feel we may get cheaper than we initially thought years ago. B Campo might be worth considering matching a bid from pick 25 onwards, anything before that, it might be worth skipping.
  1. Ashcroft
  2. Draper
  3. Lalor
  4. Lombard
  5. Reid
  6. Smith
  7. Langford
  8. FOS
  9. Lindsay
  10. Travaglia
  11. Hannaford
  12. Berry
  13. Marshall
  14. Tauru
  15. Smillie
  16. Hotton
  17. Davis
  18. Dattoli
  19. Kako
  20. Dodson
  21. Armstrong
  22. Trainor
  23. Allan
  24. Hynes
  25. J Whitlock
  26. M Whitlock
  27. Shanahan
  28. Anderson
  29. Ough
  30. Gross
Highly doubt Smillie would be outside 10.
Also expect Trainor to be 10-15 he will too good to pass up slipping that far, long term key defender.
Also Armstrong would expect to be top 8, he won't slip to 21.

Highly doubt Smillie would be outside 10.
Also expect Trainor to be 10-15 he will too good to pass up slipping that far, long term key defender.
Also Armstrong would expect to be top 8, he won't slip to 21.

If I am recruiting for Carlton, then Smillie drops out of the top 10. Trainor with a combination of head knocks and not being a massive pressing need, he would also drop to where I placed him with regards to Carlton drafting.
Armstrong, another player that if those other 20 names are taken and he happens to fall to our pick then he is too good to pass up. We have Curnow and McKay on our list, Armstrong is also not a pressing need.

Noticed we drafted Bevan Smillie in 1991 from North Ringwood, now 50 y old.....any relation to Josh? Unfortunately Bevan was only 100 games short for FS
He's the guy that Shane Crawford told
us about on the front bar this year. Our scout went to watch Crawf play a game (assuming Assumption college) and he kicked 12 goals on Smillie. Come draft might we selected Smillie not Crawford.

Shane does neglect to say that he was gone long before our 1st pick and that we took Smillie in the 70's. It's a good story though.

He's the guy that Shane Crawford told
us about on the front bar this year. Our scout went to watch Crawf play a game (assuming Assumption college) and he kicked 12 goals on Smillie. Come draft might we selected Smillie not Crawford.

Shane does neglect to say that he was gone long before our 1st pick and that we took Smillie in the 70's. It's a good story though.

Sheesh, he must have been absolutely amazing in the other games ShaneO watched.

12 goals against in one game and he still got picked🤣

ShaneO was our best at finding nuggets in the weeds, wasn’t that good at picking near the top of the draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sheesh, he must have been absolutely amazing in the other games ShaneO watched.

12 goals against in one game and he still got picked🤣

ShaneO was our best at finding nuggets in the weeds, wasn’t that good at picking near the top of the draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Crawford was the best from that draft easily from memory. Our first pick was Matty Hogg who was close to next best and a premiership player for us.

To those who follow the under 18s closely are there players in the top 20 that can realistically play straight away in 2025 that fill positions of need (i.e., small forward, outside midfielder with pace/skills and key defender)? Or are these more likely players that will need a year or two to break in.

I hope EP's mail is as accurate as in the past.

If we can add 12 to 11 in THIS draft, that is ideal imo. Each draft is unique. In some drafts, 11 and 12 can be so so picks. In THIS draft i think 11 and 12 are Premium Picks.

Those picks, along with 2 Campo's and Walker should consolidate our list going into the Tassie draft and hopefully near future drafts with only high teens picks.

If Voss, and the new fitness boss are any good, they've got enough cattle. Voss must put faith into some youth. Not peg them as passengers, but actually invest faith in them. Fitness boss sounds good , and sans the perenially injured delistees, should have us back in working shape next year.

Gotta take advantage of our slip up this year landing us 11. 11 and 12 would be fantastic for our list. Happy to be low level players in trade week to score big at THIS draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To those who follow the under 18s closely are there players in the top 20 that can realistically play straight away in 2025 that fill positions of need (i.e., small forward, outside midfielder with pace/skills and key defender)? Or are these more likely players that will need a year or two to break in.
I reckon all but the key position types will have an impact on their teams next season.

I reckon all but the key position types will have an impact on their teams next season.
Thanks mate - probably an obvious question. All for hitting the draft hard but just want to be confident that the players can have a pretty immediate impact. As much as we want to build sustained success it is still important that we are looking to make the most of our current window.

If we can add 12 to 11 in THIS draft, that is ideal imo. Each draft is unique. In some drafts, 11 and 12 can be so so picks. In THIS draft i think 11 and 12 are Premium Picks.

Those picks, along with 2 Campo's and Walker should consolidate our list going into the Tassie draft and hopefully near future drafts with only high teens picks.

If Voss, and the new fitness boss are any good, they've got enough cattle. Voss must put faith into some youth. Not peg them as passengers, but actually invest faith in them. Fitness boss sounds good , and sans the perenially injured delistees, should have us back in working shape next year.

Gotta take advantage of our slip up this year landing us 11. 11 and 12 would be fantastic for our list. Happy to be low level players in trade week to score big at THIS draft.
How did he say we're getting our hands on pick 12?

sounds like we know who we want at 11 and potentially 12

Thanks mate - probably an obvious question. All for hitting the draft hard but just want to be confident that the players can have a pretty immediate impact. As much as we want to build sustained success it is still important that we are looking to make the most of our current window.
The youth will replace the likes of Martin, Marchbank, Cuners who frankly were contributing sfa to our current window.

Great to have Eric back. Hope what he says is the mostly likely scenario is what eventuates. I rate Ben campo very highly so adding two other first rounders to this haul would give us 3 exciting young players of the future which is what we desperately need

if we were to acquire two firsts this year, I would be stunned if one of those picks wasn’t used on berry, seems an obvious need. I’d like to think the other pick is also someone who is quick or at least not slow

The youth will replace the likes of Martin, Marchbank, Cuners who frankly were contributing sfa to our current window.
Good way of putting it, but then you need to replace the players you trade with other role players.

If we trade any of Owies, Kennedy, Carrol and Young, we need AFL ready replacements

A hypothetical for the draft gurus...if we secure 12 from GC and have the list spots....come 12 there is a player on the board that the swans really like.....do you do 12 for 18&19 (and whatever other pick swaps) and if so who do you eye off with those picks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back