• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • Other

Votes: 13 8.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see us picking up Shanahan. Bid on Kako, then take Hotton/Berry/Lindsay/Trainor. Why do you think we'd go for Shanahan ahead of those others? We're already well stocked for key forwards, or do you see another role for him?
I think Shanahan will end up a KPD at the next level. Just personal opinion of course, but I see him more athlete than footballer atm and his biggest strength is his halving/winning aerial contests.

I just wouldn't be touching Trainor with his concussion issues.

That said it's Austin who's said we'll be looking for KPD depth in the draft, if it were up to me I'd be looking for an average stop gap and loading up two highly skilled smalls out of Travaglia, Berry, Hotton, Lindsay then going all out to bring in a KPD end of 2025.

Joe Berry & Xavier Lindsay in the draft for me.

Berry is that electric half forward in the Zac bailey, Zac butters mould that we are severely missing.

Lindsay is a classy ball user which is we also desperately need!

I could get behind these two for sure. both really good and handled the elite games really well. 2 of my very favorites around our mark at 12 & 14.

I love the idea of adding 2 lefties centre forward. It opens the field up for us more, where we have been pretty/very predictable. Even though i don't think Jack Carroll really stepped up to AFL level i still think we looked a bit more dangerous when he wheeled onto the left and had a more open forward 50 to look at. I think it would help Charlie, Harry, Kemp and JSOS to have 2 class lefties ahead of them.

And just a shout out to WalshistheGOAT who has added a tonne to this draft board for us draft watchers. Love his considered opinion and willingness to converse without arguing.
Stop Motion Love GIF by Mochimochiland

I like the fact Trainor dominated the academy game vs a vfl team. So often draftees take a while to adapt to even vfl, nevermind afl. The fact he can already dominate against men as a KPP bodes well for him. He'd be in contention for a round 1 spot.

Has some good weapons too. Can defend, can intercept, great kick.

Well with the recent Bluemour...

What would people prefer going into the late 2020s?

1 - Walker Walsh Cerra Lalor

2 - Walker Walsh Cerra FOS

3 - Walker Walsh Cerra Draper

4 - Walker Walsh Cerra Smith

5 - Walker Walsh Cerra Smillie

Trainor and Whitlock do however it doesn’t address our key backs in the short term.

Yes we would all love a ready to go player to partner Weitering and I’ve seen so many people say “that doesn’t address our key back problem” but neither does adding a kid.

Only way I see us addressing it is by selecting a mature good to go player. I don’t see us addressing it in this off season tbh and think it comes next years as much as people will be annoyed.

SDK is the logical answer and because we were sitting top 2 only a couple of rounds out before the end of the season, the team may think it’s not of huge concern, especially if Haynes plays most of the season.

I can see us taking Hotton and Berry with picks 12 and 14 and during next years off season chase a FA mid like LDU or Brayshaw and then go after SDK heavily

Hard to see LDU or Brayshaw not being matched (if it works better on ladder position) by their current clubs with their available S/C vs ours.

I love Draper as well, just looks like he’s going to a star 250 gamer. To my untrained eye he looks a more dynamic version of Lachie Neale? Take that every day of the week!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well with the recent Bluemour...

What would people prefer going into the late 2020s?

1 - Walker Walsh Cerra Lalor

2 - Walker Walsh Cerra FOS

3 - Walker Walsh Cerra Draper

4 - Walker Walsh Cerra Smith

5 - Walker Walsh Cerra Smillie
I mean aren’t all of them just amazing!

5 if u wanna even remotely try and replace like for like with Cripps 😂

Think all are great

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back