Votes: 28 7.1%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 86 21.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Interestingly Ben Camporeale didn’t make Twomey’s Top [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] so only real risk is Saints bidding on him before our Pick.

Twomey added his next [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] on the Gettable show

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is unreadable, but I assume you're saying that Twomey mentioned that he will do a write up on the next 10 (31-40) in the next few days, and that he named 9 of them, and neither Camporeale was mentioned.

Gut feel is that Richmond do a deal with North to get pick 2 then pick up Lalor and Smith.

If this is the case I'd say we'd be choosing between FOS, Draper and Langford with the former being the most likely.

In saying that I wouldn't be disappointed with any of the 5 aforementioned players. Hard to see any draft busts at the pointy end of this years draft.

Contracted: 38 (including two category B rookies)

Hmm... Do they know something we don't? Or just assuming that Duffy will take the Cat-B spot (reasonable assumption).

Yeah, I'm sure he's got the numbers wrong.
It should be 37 contacted including Duffy.

10 out delisted and traded, 3 (Haynes, Lord, Duffy) added.

List currently stands at 36 as of yesterday.

No official anouncement (yet) about Duffy (Cat B Int)

2024 List consists of:-

31 Senior players
2 Category A Rookies
2 SSP Rookies
0 Category A International Rookie
1 Category B International Rookie
0 Category B Rookie

Manhattanite if you have updated your device to iOS 18, there is a glitch if using Tapatalk/BigFooty app.
Post are very difficult to read and are an emoji/code mish mash mess.

Suggest you use a browser/app like Chrome until the issue has been fixed.

BF.jpg

Interestingly Ben Camporeale didn’t make Twomey’s Top [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] so only real risk is Saints bidding on him before our Pick.

Twomey added his next [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] on the Gettable show

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

you're experiencing a similar thing here, Manhattanite can you please stop using tapatalk for now and log into your mobile browser instead.

List currently stands at 36 as of yesterday.

No official anouncement (yet) about Duffy (Cat B Int)

2024 List consists of:-

31 Senior players
2 Category A Rookies
2 SSP Rookies
0 Category A International Rookie
1 Category B International Rookie
0 Category B Rookie
I believe Nov 13 is the day for International signings.

Langford - Along with FOS, this is the guy most likely to become a star of the game from this draft crop IMO. Perfect height to play mid and forward. Creates time and space in traffic. Good repeat efforts. Absolutely beautiful kick. One of the best actions I’ve seen in a long time. Kicks low bullets with near perfect weighting. Also I’d say the most ready to impact in year 1.
I agree with you completely on Langford. I haven't watched as many highlights as others on here, but he really excites me. I know the knock on him is pace, and we are lacking a player with burst from stoppages. But his composure, elite kicking and footy IQ are next level. I would be very happy if we select him.

Also surprised he isn't listed in the poll at the top of this thread. Twomey has him at 3rd in the draft class and Riley Beveridge is tipping we will take him at 3.

I agree with you completely on Langford. I haven't watched as many highlights as others on here, but he really excites me. I know the knock on him is pace, and we are lacking a player with burst from stoppages. But his composure, elite kicking and footy IQ are next level. I would be very happy if we select him.

Also surprised he isn't listed in the poll at the top of this thread. Twomey has him at 3rd in the draft class and Riley Beveridge is tipping we will take him at 3.
Langford is who Riley Beveridge would take at three not who he believes Carlton would pick.

I have a hunch the club is set on FOS (unless Lalor is there, but I don’t think he will be).

So I must admit, the main interest for me is what the club is trying to do to ensure we get to pick FOS. Trade with North? Get intel on who North (or Richmond) are picking?

After that, I’m interested in the back up plan. Somebody a little while ago mentioned Austin liked Murphy Reid. I guess we will see.

Riley was asked by Cal who he would take if Finn wasn’t there at 3 and he said Langford

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riley was asked by Cal who he would take if Finn wasn’t there at 3 and he said Langford
Yup no brainer, Ashcroft , O’Sullivan are the standouts, then best of the next bunch of dozen midfielders is Langford. Height, skill set kicking, marking and footy IQ all very sound.
However he’s not speedy , so not the poster boy for some.

Apologies if you've already explained it, but what are your thoughts on FOS? I reckon he'd be amazing for us, but you don't seem to be a fan. I'd have FOS over Lalor from my limited viewing so far.
I just find him highly inconsistent and think he has the most bust potential of any of the top 5 kids.

What he's 'hyped' up to be is arguably the perfect player for our needs. Fast, agile, tough goal kicking mid who's great overhead... But I just haven't seen enough of it to be convinced this year, not even close to enough.

I generally only watch/track the players through their 18s seasons and don't care as much about their underage form (which can cause issues in judging a talent self admittedly). If we were able to get the glimpses of star talent he's shown on occasion on a more frequent basis I'd be ecstatic to take him, but so far this year he's really only teased mildly.

In my opinion he's our main target at 3 though, so I'm not going to be crying if he's our selection as I've sort of accepted is as a large possibility.

I have a hunch the club is set on FOS (unless Lalor is there, but I don’t think he will be).

So I must admit, the main interest for me is what the club is trying to do to ensure we get to pick FOS. Trade with North? Get intel on who North (or Richmond) are picking?

After that, I’m interested in the back up plan. Somebody a little while ago mentioned Austin liked Murphy Reid. I guess we will see.
Zero chance we trade with North. We had already asked the question about #2 and the price was obviously too high, or they weren't interested in doing the deal with us. We then settled for #3. I suspect that is because we have at least 3 players that we have our sights on. We wouldn't have traded for #3 if we only wanted one or two players. I suspect we're comfortable we'll get someone we want at #3.

I just find him highly inconsistent and think he has the most bust potential of any of the top 5 kids.

What he's 'hyped' up to be is arguably the perfect player for our needs. Fast, agile, tough goal kicking mid who's great overhead... But I just haven't seen enough of it to be convinced this year, not even close to enough.

I generally only watch/track the players through their 18s seasons and don't care as much about their underage form (which can cause issues in judging a talent self admittedly). If we were able to get the glimpses of star talent he's shown on occasion on a more frequent basis I'd be ecstatic to take him, but so far this year he's really only teased mildly.

In my opinion he's our main target at 3 though, so I'm not going to be crying if he's our selection as I've sort of accepted is as a large possibility.
You may have mentioned before, but what is your order of preferences for pick #3?
Jagga for mine

Zero chance we trade with North. We had already asked the question about #2 and the price was obviously too high, or they weren't interested in doing the deal with us. We then settled for #3. I suspect that is because we have at least 3 players that we have our sights on. We wouldn't have traded for #3 if we only wanted one or two players. I suspect we're comfortable we'll get someone we want at #3.
I can only go on what has been said around here, but the view seems to be North were still in for Houston and they wanted to keep their options open re pick #2.

Personally, I think we’d be unlikely to get pick #2 from here. But Windows has outlined how it might happen.

That said, I agree the more realistic scenario is we have a third player we like. If North keep their pick, I think we might still have FOS fall to us though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back