Votes: 28 7.1%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 86 21.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a hunch the club is set on FOS (unless Lalor is there, but I don’t think he will be).

So I must admit, the main interest for me is what the club is trying to do to ensure we get to pick FOS. Trade with North? Get intel on who North (or Richmond) are picking?

After that, I’m interested in the back up plan. Somebody a little while ago mentioned Austin liked Murphy Reid. I guess we will see.

If Lalor and FOS are gone, we should go for someone like Langford, Bo Allan, Murphy Reid. I’d say Draper too, but he is probably Adelaide bound 😂🤣

Lalor is the clear #1 so most likely Richmond bound.

If Lalor and FOS are gone, we should go for someone like Langford, Bo Allan, Murphy Reid. I’d say Draper too, but he is probably Adelaide bound 😂🤣

Lalor is the clear #1 so most likely Richmond bound.

Pity it’s out of Adelaide’s hands. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if Melbourne would grab him at 5...

If NM are really set on him they may have to reach.
They managed to pysch out * into thinking Kako would be gone by 9 and get them to trade out even though he is likely to go mid teens. Awesome move.

Maybe they just tell North they would

I just find him highly inconsistent and think he has the most bust potential of any of the top 5 kids.

What he's 'hyped' up to be is arguably the perfect player for our needs. Fast, agile, tough goal kicking mid who's great overhead... But I just haven't seen enough of it to be convinced this year, not even close to enough.

I generally only watch/track the players through their 18s seasons and don't care as much about their underage form (which can cause issues in judging a talent self admittedly). If we were able to get the glimpses of star talent he's shown on occasion on a more frequent basis I'd be ecstatic to take him, but so far this year he's really only teased mildly.

In my opinion he's our main target at 3 though, so I'm not going to be crying if he's our selection as I've sort of accepted is as a large possibility.
Get a full preseason into Finn and watch the impact he can have in our midfield along side Crippa, Walshy, Cez and Hewett!! I have full confidence he will show us and the footy world why he is being touted as the top prospect and no.1 pick

Get a full preseason into Finn and watch the impact he can have in our midfield along side Crippa, Walshy, Cez and Hewett!! I have full confidence he will show us and the footy world why he is being touted as the top prospect and no.1 pick
I don't have as much faith but for our sake hopefully ur right if we pick him at 3.

I can't believe i am saying this, But i don't want us to select another cripps, Pace, spread from stoppages, footy nous, and ball use. grab the player with these qualities please.
You mean a dual brownlow medallist??

You pick the best player available at pick 3. Don't try to pick a player purely on needs as this can backfire. See Paddy Dow!!

For me it's Harvey Langford. We've been crying out for a player with elite kicking skills. He's a Bont clone with better disposal.

Last edited:
I agree with you completely on Langford. I haven't watched as many highlights as others on here, but he really excites me. I know the knock on him is pace, and we are lacking a player with burst from stoppages. But his composure, elite kicking and footy IQ are next level. I would be very happy if we select him.

Also surprised he isn't listed in the poll at the top of this thread. Twomey has him at 3rd in the draft class and Riley Beveridge is tipping we will take him at 3.
Where does Beveridge say that? He gets good Carlton mail.

You mean a dual brownlow medallist??

You pick the best player available at pick 3. Don't try to pick a player purely on needs as this can backfire. See Paddy Dow!!

For me it's Harvey Langford. We've been crying out for a player with elite kicking skills. He's a Bont clone with better disposal.

Agreed. Langford is 100% what we need and 100% bust proof

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Twomey usually does a great job at being able to predict every pick in the first round based on what he hears or guesses each club will do when deciding which player to take - may be harder to do this year but at least our list management team will have a pretty good sense who will go in the first two picks before us - and we may then choose to keep things close to our chest and be the Pick that Twomey can’t predict

or we can make it clear which player we want regardless of what we think Tigers and Roos do and let them either try to take our preferred option or stick to the other options

We will also have to think about who then Roos could trade down to and if so who that club could take

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Okay so Langford is very good. Has a lot that we need and lack in the middle. Possibly the most well rounded mid. Speed he may not have but IQ and ball use are elite.

Add him to the list of guys I'd be happy with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back