Votes: 31 7.6%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 100 24.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would happily take Smith if the explosive pair (Lalor & O'Sullivan) are gone.

But think it would be crazy for Richmond to start a rebuild and not take an ultra consistent ball winner who will be the core of their next generation

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do a deal with Crows to swap and get a pick later to help us secure a KPD and safeguard against an earlier Campo bid. Then take Jagga at 4.

Worse case scenario if a bid comes on Ben Campo and we lose 38. We still have 3 picks in the 60,s for project KPD and Lucas Campo. Those picks should slide into the 50’s with FS and academy selections. Reading the draft boards there should be prospects for KPD in a deep draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Comporeale boys, have made their determination and CFC it is, we'll snare both at a bargain.
The decorum for Father and Son process is quite honorable and gentlemanly, clubs will follow tradition.

Would happily take Smith if the explosive pair (Lalor & O'Sullivan) are gone.

But think it would be crazy for Richmond to start a rebuild and not take an ultra consistent ball winner who will be the core of their next generation

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree its looking like we may well snare Jagga Smith as Lalor & O'Sullivan will defintely be the foundation and cornerstone of Tigers next generation, should they secure p1&2.

We'll get an F2 for it, don't worry
Something that I guess our recruiting team would need to do this off season is predict next year's ladder, ie if we had Crows F2 offered to us or Saints F2, which would we value higher... only a small bit of work but for some reason I find it amusing that they would probably do this

The more I watch of Jagga the more I think we take him. The knocks on him are so minor. He actually can take the ball forward from stoppage and hit targets. Future captain.
Watching the way he moves , his decision making and kicking plus his accumulation I think he could even start his career as a half back flank similar to the way North have played Colby Mc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the way he moves , his decision making and kicking plus his accumulation I think he could even start his career as a half back flank similar to the way North have played Colby Mc.
Same. Daicos, Sheezel, Colby all did their apprenticeship as distributors off HB. Not having to cop the physical load of playing on the ball while still getting full games at AFL level instead of reserves. All ball magnets that are dangerous in space but not the most physical players. Just like Jagga.

F2 - very slim chance. F3 is more likely
Reckon there'd be a procession of clubs wanting an extra 2nd round pick in this year's draft....just look at some of the phantoms and you can see the quality of players still potentially available at #38.

A f2 shouldn't be too hard to find imo

Heeney at his combine ram a 2.95 for the 20m sprint

FOS ran a 2.98

Combine that with his top 10 finishes in the 2km, agility, and 2nd in the vertical jump and I think you can absolutely make the argument that he’s a superior athlete.

I think he’ll be gone by our pick, but if we take him one of the main reasons is his athleticism, it’s a big strength of his, he’s far from a “grinder”
Did I not just post about how testing is less of an absolute, and more of a basic litmus test? So we have an athletic competency check on FOS, great.

Heeney covered ground and showed a more prominent turn of pace and ability to create plays with long kicking than FOS.

The only time he's looked like Heeney with the ball in hand was during his VFL appearances in what was ultimately a bruise free game that he got just the 12 disposals. He's not the same player, there's just a passing similarity.

Just spoke with a Melbourne based List Manager at a school sports event. He said he suspected that O’Sullivan is our target. Rated him best all round mid.
Seems strange quoting your own post - like repeating yourself.

Anyway - that same LM text me earlier (our daughters play basketball together now). He says RIC are big into O’Sullivan and potentially Lalor if they trade up. Leaves Jagga I suppose.

Anyway - that same LM text me earlier (our daughters play basketball together now). He says RIC are big into O’Sullivan and potentially Lalor if they trade up. Leaves Jagga I suppose.
Richmond going Lalor and FOS would be incredibly risky IMO. They need a gun accumulator before anything else.

The more I watch, the more I want Jagga and maybe even Draper than FOS. Give me the player with leadership qualities that racks up 30 a game with class over the ‘hybrid athlete’ brimming with potential.

If SOS thinks Ben Campo is worth a punt, he’ll bid on him to keep us honest.

Dodoro did the same thing with JSOS, did he not?

Yeah, but that was stupid. If it was Hawthorn or Geelong bidding on JSOS to keep us honest, then fair enough. But when it’s a known troll and SOS’ mate doing the bidding, it’s stupid.

So you’re saying we’re a chance at Lalor?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back