Votes: 33 8.0%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 102 24.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm very opinionated on the matter but taking a step back I really don't think we can go wrong at this pick. All the players in the mix would add to our list short term and long term. Still have my preferences but we are in a great spot.

FOS the biggest question mark as he's arguably the best 'fit' in terms of what strengths he brings, but also the most inconsistent/potential based selection.
I mean ,
We can always go wrong.
But hopefully we've gotten better at adjusting if we do.
As far as raw talent, the top 10 picks all look fab, but it's how they cope on the big stage. The will to succeed, be a team player, cope with pressure, self motivation, body weaknesses etc.

Nick Austin when discussing our list needs at the draft:

"Really not just the depth but the positional variety. And for us, we're clearly looking for some speed and some run and some key position depth behind the ball. So we'll get after that. We feel like there's some players that will be around the market we can bring into our footy club that can make a difference.”
He doesn’t seem that slow to me. His yo-yo result was good which tends to be a test that’s well rated these days

It was a pick in the 50s. This doesn’t even make the top 100 of stupid moves the Dodo made and it’s barely worth holding a grudge over.

The now retired Dodo who goes down as the least successful list manager in AFL history. 20+ years at a club for zero finals wins.

That record will never be beaten.

But he "won" every trade period.

Yeah a bid from that guy... best forgotten.

Apparently recruiters aren't so hot on him... reckon his lack of height + leg speed won't translate very well to be a mid at AFL level so he'll end up being a forward.
This is important. Being a good kick doesn't mean much if you're not also an elite winning inside midfielder or an insane gut running wing who can read the play.

There are so many Billings types who have lovely disposal but just cannot get the ball enough to impact the game with it.

This is important. Being a good kick doesn't mean much if you're not also an elite winning inside midfielder or an insane gut running wing who can read the play.

There are so many Billings types who have lovely disposal but just cannot get the ball enough to impact the game with it.
Lochie Obrien another great example of this.

Who do you think we take?
My opinion on who the club will take:
FOS>Lalor>Draper>Smith

My personal opinion on who we should take:
Draper>Lalor>Smith>FOS

That said I am coming around to the idea of FOS on a half forward flank with rotations on ball. He's the most prolific goal scorer of the group but for me his consistency is just too extreme to overlook.

Would be the perfect fit for us if he ends up as good as he's hyped up to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Austin when discussing our list needs at the draft:

"Really not just the depth but the positional variety. And for us, we're clearly looking for some speed and some run and some key position depth behind the ball. So we'll get after that. We feel like there's some players that will be around the market we can bring into our footy club that can make a difference.”
translation anyone

very confusing. He seems the type of prospect that should be very highly ranked. His burst from stoppage is just absurd
Sure. But that's a minor part of playing football. He's still a bit raw and is very boom or bust. Speaks to the depth of the class too. Langford and Lalor are seemingly just properly ****ing pure footballers. Jagga is basically a guarantee. FOS has less production but man when he does get it and with those athletic traits... And it's not like he can't find the ball either at that.
Can understand it for sure.

Or Langford.
I really like Langford, disposal footy IQ and long raking left foot kicks to forward targets a feature of his game.

If Lalor and Finn are gone, then we’re left with Smith, Draper or Langford who are quite different midfielders - as much as I like Langford I think Austin will favour Smith or Draper traits.

If Adelaide is keen on Draper as speculated, then p4 & f2 would be a the better swap option for us for p3 , however trading p4 & a f3 is more
feasible for Adelaide to sell their ferals.
It’s hypothetical but it may well turn out on draft night.
We’ll snare Smith or Langford one would think and have a shot at a decent KPD in the early thirties, after trading p38 & f2 or f3.
I would prefer Draper a very real risk of ending up with Jagga, which does not fulfill the need for speed. I would only go down to pick 4 for 3 & a future first. That is right exploit Adelaide's despration for Draper

Sure. But that's a minor part of playing football. He's still a bit raw and is very boom or bust. Speaks to the depth of the class too. Langford and Lalor are seemingly just properly ****ing pure footballers. Jagga is basically a guarantee. FOS has less production but man when he does get it and with those athletic traits... And it's not like he can't find the ball either at that.
Can understand it for sure.
Draper isn't a natural footballer or something?

No idea how he's boom or bust either. There are far less consistent performers in that group you've listed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back