Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

This could've been a really good game but Carlton's poor finishing has kinda blown it open
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Have not understood all the fawning over Carlton this season.
Just like the second half of last year when the media were peeing their pants over them, very few of their wins, to me anyway, have been convincing, more sheer bloody luck that the better teams they played couldn't kick a goal to save their lives eg; 1st final V us last year, we had 23 shots to their 19, the following week against the Dee's they had 18 shots to the Dee's 26, even opening round this year against a very underperforming (at the time) Lions team, the Lions still had four more shots than Carlton.
I know and totally agree with the old adage that poor kicking is poor football, but in my opinion Carlton have really been on the positive side of the luck scale.
Of course, now I've said that, they will come out and go through the rest of the season undefeated, but up until now, I've not really gotten the whole Carlton are sooooo great thing.

lciHave not understood all the fawning over Carlton this season.
Just like the second half of last year when the media were peeing their pants over them, very few of their wins, to me anyway, have been convincing, more sheer bloody luck that the better teams they played couldn't kick a goal to save their lives eg; 1st final V us last year, we had 23 shots to their 19, the following week against the Dee's they had 18 shots to the Dee's 26, even opening round this year against a very underperforming (at the time) Lions team, the Lions still had four more shots than Carlton.
I know and totally agree with the old adage that poor kicking is poor football, but in my opinion Carlton have really been on the positive side of the luck scale.
Of course, now I've said that, they will come out and go through the rest of the season undefeated, but up until now, I've not really gotten the whole Carlton are sooooo great thing.
The media lovefest over Carlton particularly from Fox Footy has been nauseating at best. The bias Carlton commentary SEN had during the finals was way over the top.

Zac Williams makes Sam Reid look durable

Go Kelly - take those Brownlow votes off Tom Green

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back