Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

If Carlton is in the Grand Final, good chance I won't watch it.
I liked them til I got the vibes the umpires are backing them this year.

Legit don't feel like watching any GF that doesn't have us in it. Hating every team this year for some reason :p

I liked them til I got the vibes the umpires are backing them this year.

Legit don't feel like watching any GF that doesn't have us in it. Hating every team this year for some reason :p
There's a very real chance that there's going to be two teams I absolutely loathe going to be in the Grand Final this year with the Cats, Giants and Blues all in contention.

Yeah, definitely getting that vibe.
They're playing way better than dogs that season results wise. Although I still feel like blues don't have an obvious gameplan, just make it up as they go ball in hand. Dogs just decided to play random bouts of inspired footy vs some solid teams.

I’m not usually one to defend Toby - but honestly, what’s he supposed to do there?

If he doesn’t contest the ball, he’s a squib. If he contests it, he’s in strife.
Definite suspension incoming for Greene, you can't touch a Carlton player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not usually one to defend Toby - but honestly, what’s he supposed to do there?

If he doesn’t contest the ball, he’s a squib. If he contests it, he’s in strife.
No different to the Peter wright one. Mark the ball front on, don't make the decision to turn your shoulder in.

They're playing way better than dogs that season results wise. Although I still feel like blues don't have an obvious gameplan, just make it up as they go ball in hand. Dogs just decided to play random bouts of inspired footy vs some solid teams.

When they win the middle with Walsh/Cripps firing i dont think any team can go with them then you have the untouchable Curnow and McKay and TDK now.

When they win the middle with Walsh/Cripps firing i dont think any team can go with them then you have the untouchable Curnow and McKay and TDK now.
They're very gettable on the outside and turnover if you have your pressure dialled up. Dees also have a solid midfield but still struggle. Blues just have those two pricks up forward who mark everything so they get away with bombing it.

Majority of the freekicks for Curnow and Harry are there to be fair. Defenders shit themselves and worry about stifling the player instead of attacking the ball.

They're very gettable on the outside and turnover if you have your pressure dialled up. Dees also have a solid midfield but still struggle. Blues just have those two pricks up forward who mark everything so they get away with bombing it.

Majority of the freekicks for Curnow and Harry are there to be fair. Defenders s**t themselves and worry about stifling the player instead of attacking the ball.

Disagree you literally cant touch Curnow as he completely exaggerates any contact, Franklin would of kicked another 300 goals if he got the same umpiring.

Have not understood all the fawning over Carlton this season.
Just like the second half of last year when the media were peeing their pants over them, very few of their wins, to me anyway, have been convincing, more sheer bloody luck that the better teams they played couldn't kick a goal to save their lives eg; 1st final V us last year, we had 23 shots to their 19, the following week against the Dee's they had 18 shots to the Dee's 26, even opening round this year against a very underperforming (at the time) Lions team, the Lions still had four more shots than Carlton.
I know and totally agree with the old adage that poor kicking is poor football, but in my opinion Carlton have really been on the positive side of the luck scale.
Of course, now I've said that, they will come out and go through the rest of the season undefeated, but up until now, I've not really gotten the whole Carlton are sooooo great thing.
Hahaha note the timing of my post above, pretty much as I was writing it, blues start playing inspired footy!
ally mcbeal GIF

I'll just spit this foot out and stick the other one in.....

Disagree you literally cant touch Curnow as he completely exaggerates any contact, Franklin would of kicked another 300 goals if he got the same umpiring.
It's still contact. I've played as a forward and it's a pain in the arse trying to contest a ball when old mate has a hand full of jumper or arm across the body.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back