Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, that's 4 wins from last 5 games for Pies.
How upsetting that our recent 3 point win against them has caused them to miss out on the finals series.

Ha Ha Lol GIF

The game is messed up if Pickett cops any suspension. Pickett didn’t get Moore in the head

He certainly did get him in the head. Accidentally, and only because Moore’s head was in an unexpected position, but it resulted in a concussion. It was definitely high.

Free kick for sure, probably not deserving of a suspension (though he will get one).

He certainly did get him in the head. Accidentally, and only because Moore’s head was in an unexpected position, but it resulted in a concussion. It was definitely high.

Free kick for sure, probably not deserving of a suspension (though he will get one).
Similar to Heeney in a way, accidental contacts to the head shouldn’t result in a suspension but will though.

Pickett got the wrong player. Should have been Maynard, then justice would have been served for Brayshaw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will need 8+ to clear a perfect 10 from Daicos or Serong
Doubt Serong is in the running any longer. Probably didn’t poll high votes - or any votes - last week. Daicos and Cripps almost certainly polled 10 votes each last week and Daicos will probably poll 10 for yesterday’s game. Heeney should have polled well last week but not as clear cut that he would have got ten.

Here is the official leaderboard.
But in short:

Heeney 102
Daicos 99 (+10 109)
Serong 99
You're missing last week's votes. They didn't announce those so as to keep the reveal of the winner more "exciting".

Cripps is almost certainly now out of contention, despite a probable 10 last week, given Daicos's last two weeks.

The leader board likely looks something like this:

Heeney 102 (+7/8/9/10? +?)
Daicos 99 (+10 +10)
Serong 99 (+0 + ?)

Here is the official leaderboard.
But in short:

Heeney 102
Daicos 99 (+10 109)
Serong 99

But those were the standings from 2 weeks ago and not counting last weekend where Naicos would've almost surely had another 10.
To hazard a guess Isaac prob received ~8 last week so going to be neck & neck even if the blonde Bondi boy has a blinder tonight.

Last night's game really showed where Melbourne sit on the rankings. Their good footy is sporadic. One weeks stars, the next paupers. Are Pies that much better than the Dees? Maybe. But they have an ageing population of players who will retire soon, possibly all at once, in a two year period. This is what happened to us really but we were already building a group of young players, a development squad if you will, to replace them & although we had a couple of horror years it was not a 5 or 10 year glitch. I'm not sure of the Pies depth of young talent. As for the Dees, they are not an hugely old team but at times lack depth.

It will be interesting in the remaining matches as to who comes up trumps. If the Bullies, Blues fall over & Freo win, they are in. But for them it would not last long I would think in a hot finals line up as they would be the lowest team in the eight. Blues are too injury torn to win it at this stage. If they rush players back it would be a mistake. I see they are thinking a 6 week injury can be cured in 4 & are thinking to play Curnow & McKay in the first final if they make it. To bring them back early would be a mistake & could lose them a final if they make it.

The Bulldogs are are the best of the three but unpredictable. One week champions, the next horrible. There seems to be a concentration problem there. As to Darcy's big goal haul, it was against a rookie Kangaroos defence, get over it. I think we could isolate Jack Buller & he would kick 10 against those young guys. It is all a matter of perspective. Who were they playing? A good perspective is to look at the last 5 games & see who a team played. Wins & losses. We had two terrible weeks but we actually played top 10 teams. But Cats got mauled by a number 13. Two games ago, the Bulldogs were mauled by the team we play today, with a better side than today I think. But the Crows are still 14th

Last night's game really showed where Melbourne sit on the rankings. Their good footy is sporadic. One weeks stars, the next paupers.
For several seasons I've thought of the Dees as a team that relies heavily on its best half dozen or so players. Petracca, May, Lever and Oliver were all missing last night (Oliver might as well have been missing all season). So Gawn was their one true "great" out there. Pickett, Viney and Fritsch probably sit under that top tier as players capable of being a real difference maker and there were there. But with no Oliver or Petracca Collingwood were able to sit on Viney.

I don't think the Dees' performance was surprising. I am more surprised that they did so well against Gold Coast (on the Gold Coast) last weekend, though that might say a little more about the disappointment that is Gold Coast football club.

You're missing last week's votes. They didn't announce those so as to keep the reveal of the winner more "exciting".

Cripps is almost certainly now out of contention, despite a probable 10 last week, given Daicos's last two weeks.

The leader board likely looks something like this:

Heeney 102 (+7/8/9/10? +?)
Daicos 99 (+10 +10)
Serong 99 (+0 + ?)

But those were the standings from 2 weeks ago and not counting last weekend where Naicos would've almost surely had another 10.
To hazard a guess Isaac prob received ~8 last week so going to be neck & neck even if the blonde Bondi boy has a blinder tonight.
Ah clumsy me at it again. I suspect given this that Isaac is probably atleast 1 if not still 3 clear of Daicos. Given that i expect him to get the most votes for 22 touches and 3 goals because Martin i don't think was too big after the opening 10 minutes.

When I watch Hawthorn, I'm reminded that we don't have enough small forwards. They have three talls and they're all pretty average (Gunston in his day obviously was great, and Dear is only a kid) but you counter that with Moore, Watson, Ginnivan, MacDonald around their feet, it's no wonder they look so potent.

Same with GWS. They've got Hogan, Cadman, and usually Riccardi or Brown (though it's Keeffe at the moment.) Also all mostly average besides Hogan, but it doesn't matter when you've got Greene, Jones, Daniels and Thomas at their feet.

All those players mentioned there - Moore, Watson, Ginnivan, MacDonald, Greene, Jones, Daniels and Thomas - all so quick and small and creative, they bring mad pressure.

We are really lacking in this area and I fear it will expose our talls - who I like but I think are only average - come finals time.

When I watch Hawthorn, I'm reminded that we don't have enough small forwards. They have three talls and they're all pretty average (Gunston in his day obviously was great, and Dear is only a kid) but you counter that with Moore, Watson, Ginnivan, MacDonald around their feet, it's no wonder they look so potent.

Same with GWS. They've got Hogan, Cadman, and usually Riccardi or Brown (though it's Keeffe at the moment.) Also all mostly average besides Hogan, but it doesn't matter when you've got Greene, Jones, Daniels and Thomas at their feet.

All those players mentioned there - Moore, Watson, Ginnivan, MacDonald, Greene, Jones, Daniels and Thomas - all so quick and small and creative, they bring mad pressure.

We are really lacking in this area and I fear it will expose our talls - who I like but I think are only average - come finals time.
Yep Wicks is meh doesn't impact a game, Papley is eletric and then you have the untested Hanily and Konstanty. Hanily feels like a guy that could impact just needs consistency and Konstanty is a dud it looks like. Probably could look for another one with a late pick or a versatile on baller that could go forward to be a small forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back