Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Would think it makes more sense to have Port v Geelong Saturday arvo where the inter-state club can get home the same day, with the two same-stater games the Thursday and Friday nights.

Was thinking, after yesterday's pathetic water bottle act, imagine it was Blues vs Dogs in 2016 ... would've been umpire carnage/bloodshed by the last quarter!

Then again if it was v Blues the umpiring wouldn't have been as biased as either win would've been a Vic fairytale.

Would think it makes more sense to have Port v Geelong Saturday arvo where the inter-state club can get home the same day, with the two same-stater games the Thursday and Friday nights.
Don't think the powers that be give a flying fart in space about the interstate clubs, it's all about the Vic clubs. Hence the Vic teams get prime time and the minor premiers gets shafted.

Don't think the powers that be give a flying fart in space about the interstate clubs, it's all about the Vic clubs. Hence the Vic teams get prime time and the minor premiers gets shafted.

But in this case the Vic club is the inter-state club? Por are hosting the Thursday game.

I know it makes no sense but the prime time TV games have all gone to the games involving the Vic teams and the one dead TV game has gone to the minor premier.

I thought actually that the Saturday Twilight has ended up being the 'prime time' fixture this season.

I thought actually that the Saturday Twilight has ended up being the 'prime time' fixture this season.
Maybe it has, I've really got no idea.
As far as getting to and from the SCG is concerned, this would have to be the very best time we could have gotten, it just doesn't scream prime time.
I'm retired so it really doesn't make any difference to me.

Maybe it has, I've really got no idea.
As far as getting to and from the SCG is concerned, this would have to be the very best time we could have gotten, it just doesn't scream prime time.
I'm retired so it really doesn't make any difference to me.
I quite like it as I can head out for a Thai afterwards. My left ear gets sunburn though.

General rule of thumb is if you’re relying on Fremantle, tip against them, because they’ve consistently proven they will let you down again and again.

Their supporters must feel like they’re in a miserable loop every season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh you have no idea

8 finals series in 30 years. in saying that. this current list is easily our most talented ever. so even more frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh you have no idea

8 finals series in 30 years. in saying that. this current list is easily our most talented ever. so even more frustrating.
Totally amazing that you haven't made finals given the progress Treacy has made although Amiss dropped off some. List wise you only need some speed outside (no, you can't have Warner!) and a bit more depth. Banfield has been a big disappointment. Defence is super solid. 🤷

Totally amazing that you haven't made finals given the progress Treacy has made although Amiss dropped off some. List wise you only need some speed outside (no, you can't have Warner!) and a bit more depth. Banfield has been a big disappointment. Defence is super solid. 🤷
i kinda understand it given we are young. but yeah it hurts.

i'm not so sure about the speed thing. we are actually insanely fast. clark, walker, fredricks and maybe sharp could all race in the 100m sprint at the end of the year and win. throw in chapman, odriscoll, johson, switta and there is plenty of serious pace. i think what you've identified is no pacey inside midfielder. apart from odriscoll (player 1.5 games this year through injury) and johson (who doesn't use it).

i'd spit it if we don't make finals next year. its rare a team has at least 3-4 players on everyline who can feature in the all australian team based upon talent. (more may develop over the years).
forwards: treacy, amiss, jackson, sturt
mid: darcy, serong, young, brayshaw
backs: ryan, pearce, clark, cox
2-3 of them have the talent to win a brownlow in serong, young and brayshaw.
i also quite like our role players. sharp, fredricks, chapman, switta,..etc
combine that with 3 first round draft picks this year. freo currently have by far our most talented list ever. and we didn't make finals.

i kinda understand it given we are young. but yeah it hurts.

i'm not so sure about the speed thing. we are actually insanely fast. clark, walker, fredricks and maybe sharp could all race in the 100m sprint at the end of the year and win. throw in chapman, odriscoll, johson, switta and there is plenty of serious pace. i think what you've identified is no pacey inside midfielder. apart from odriscoll (player 1.5 games this year through injury) and johson (who doesn't use it).

i'd spit it if we don't make finals next year. its rare a team has at least 3-4 players on everyline who can feature in the all australian team based upon talent. (more may develop over the years).
forwards: treacy, amiss, jackson, sturt
mid: darcy, serong, young, brayshaw
backs: ryan, pearce, clark, cox
2-3 of them have the talent to win a brownlow in serong, young and brayshaw.
i also quite like our role players. sharp, fredricks, chapman, switta,..etc
combine that with 3 first round draft picks this year. freo currently have by far our most talented list ever. and we didn't make finals.

I’ll admit to wanting Fremantle to succeed to spite West Coast. I’m a Bunbury boy and I hate their arrogance with a passion and I’ll back Fremantle for that reason alone. Plus my grandad (no longer with us) was a Freo man and I’d love to see them win for him even if we can’t witness it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we have a thread for tickets to finals in our forum? I'd love to grab one for the qualifying final off someone that can't go, but I'm not sure where to organise that? mods
We only see you on the board come finals time asking for tickets, Dopey. Don't be a stranger.

I hope:

Cats (I want Hinkley sacked)
Hawks
Us
Blues (for Hewett/Newman, removes a threat)

I think:

Port (before flubbing the prelim)
Hawks
GWS (I'm not convinced we're back)
Lions

Trying to gauge who we want to win tonight. For me it’s the Cats.

Hit like if you agree / thumbs down if you don’t.

Not sure how to do a poll lol.

React farmer. I see you.

Hit like if you're sick of JHWF's shenanigans, hit dislike if you stand with him.

I hope:
Port (Think we're a better chance against Port in a grand final than any Victorian team)
Hawks (we can easily beat them)
Swans
Blues (fancy our chances against them in Sydney)

I think:
Port
Dogs
Swans
Lions

Lions and dogs (umpires) are our danger teams in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back