Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Ur nuts if you dont think this Geelong performance is not intimidating
The Cats have been my favourites for the flag from the get go. They are hardened & don’t play pretty finger twirling footy like us & Port do. They are hardened for finals. We don’t play finals footy. Too many players that can’t defend one on one in every position in the ground like the Cats are coached to. Even their outside players are demanded to stick tackles or they won’t play.

Cats are an impressive club. They build a team of men, and then give them the autonomy and trust to manage themselves and play a professional brand of footy.
They show up from start to finish without nerves. It gives them a jump on the nervous Nellie’s opposing them.
Tonight’s game was an exact copy of our GF loss against them. Same margin too. They overwhelmed Port like they did us.

Ur nuts if you dont think this Geelong performance is not intimidating
Well done to Chris Scott though, gets a lot from very limited talent....Intimidated cause they smashed Port in a final? No. I don't rate Port at all, despite the garbage we keep dishing up against them.

Why should any 2024 Top 8 side be intimated by another? Every side has flogged another Top 8 side, and everyone in turn been flogged themselves by a different one.
We've embarrassed ourselves if our All-Australian midfield can't overcome that Geelong midfield in a final though.

A number of posters wanted us to play Geelong first up in the finals. After seeing their performance tonight, I'm glad we didn't. Although I don't know if the game said more about Geelong or Port. Geelong seemed to have so much time when they had the ball, which is unusual for a final.

The Cats have been my favourites for the flag from the get go. They are hardened & don’t play pretty finger twirling footy like us & Port do. They are hardened for finals. We don’t play finals footy. Too many players that can’t defend one on one in every position in the ground like the Cats are coached to. Even their outside players are demanded to stick tackles or they won’t play.
I too predicted Geelong as a likely GF opponent, though so many supporters laughed at the idea, especially Pies fans, who have now come to realise that it only takes a season for Geelong to rebuid for finals. By comparison, Fly has made finals in just one of his three seasons.

Scotty's ability to make finals almost every year is why he'd be the first coach I'd kidnap if Horse was hit by a bus. Scott's rebuild-ability is unmatched. He spends hard to acquire the superstars he needs (look at Dangerfield and Cameron) then builds around them. Bereft of further funds he usually has to search out bargains among the lower end of the draft, by scraping through amateur locals or through clever trades. Heck, he got a premiership out of Gary Rohan by fitting his strengths into a team role.

Scotty also gets the best out of his older talent. He has a knack of winning enough H&A games yet still rest his big guns to get them ready for the pointy end. They have more finals experience than other teams and they use their older champs to guide and inspire the less experienced.

Did I think the Cats would bury Port? No, hell, not by that much. I thought more likely they would slug out a win. I can't help but think Scotty never intended to play Tom Stewart but just wanted Port to spend a lot of time and energy planning for a different game. If anything, the late outage news would have encouraged Port players to sip more of their own Kool-Aid, while taking their focus off the Cat's actual game plan.

Horse is a damn good coach, but if we meet the Cats in a final we must never consider them the underdogs. It hurts enough to be thrashed once by Geelong. To be thrashed twice would be unbearable. But let's get past GWS first.

Can’t help but feel that this was a backs to the wall performance. With Stewart out and everyone writing off the cats, they had plenty of ammo.
It was an incredible performance but a good one to put the competition on notice that they are not to be taken lightly. I’d personally love to play them in a prelim or a grand final. I still think that other teams ‘best’ is better than Geelong so am not backing them to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too predicted Geelong as a likely GF opponent, though so many supporters laughed at the idea, especially Pies fans, who have now come to realise that it only takes a season for Geelong to rebuid for finals. By comparison, Fly has made finals in just one of his three seasons.

Scotty's ability to make finals almost every year is why he'd be the first coach I'd kidnap if Horse was hit by a bus. Scott's rebuild-ability is unmatched. He spends hard to acquire the superstars he needs (look at Dangerfield and Cameron) then builds around them. Bereft of further funds he usually has to search out bargains among the lower end of the draft, by scraping through amateur locals or through clever trades. Heck, he got a premiership out of Gary Rohan by fitting his strengths into a team role.

Scotty also gets the best out of his older talent. He has a knack of winning enough H&A games yet still rest his big guns to get them ready for the pointy end. They have more finals experience than other teams and they use their older champs to guide and inspire the less experienced.

Did I think the Cats would bury Port? No, hell, not by that much. I thought more likely they would slug out a win. I can't help but think Scotty never intended to play Tom Stewart but just wanted Port to spend a lot of time and energy planning for a different game. If anything, the late outage news would have encouraged Port players to sip more of their own Kool-Aid, while taking their focus off the Cat's actual game plan.

Horse is a damn good coach, but if we meet the Cats in a final we must never consider them the underdogs. It hurts enough to be thrashed once by Geelong. To be thrashed twice would be unbearable. But let's get past GWS first.
What’s with all the “Scotty” shit?”😆

Oh well one more sleep, we only have to beat the giants by a point. But a giving the giants a right old shellacking is much more preferable.

Geelong aren't as good as their performance against Port suggests. Port were shelshocked and failed to execute basic skills. No doubt Geelong came to play and are better than I'd expected, but their next opponent won't be a walkover.

That said, I'll puke if Geelong win the premiership.

Geelong aren't as good as their performance against Port suggests. Port were shelshocked and failed to execute basic skills. No doubt Geelong came to play and are better than I'd expected, but their next opponent won't be a walkover.

That said, I'll puke if Geelong win the premiership.
If we have to face them in the GF, can we not please get blown out again at the very least. Surely not a 2nd time.

I'd take a 1 point win in the last week of Septmeber lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back