1999 Qualifying Final vs Brisbane @ Gabba - L
2009 Elimination Final v Brisbane @ Gabba - L
2010 Elimination Final v Sydney @ ANZ Stadium - L
2011 Semi Final v West Coast @ Patersons Stadium - L
2013 Semi Final v Sydney @ ANZ Stadium - L
2023 Preliminary Final v Brisbane @ Gabba - L
2024 Elimination Final v Brisbane @ Gabba - L

0-9 record away from Melbourne.

Dawks will surely flog Port tonight given their injuries and Butters prob not at his best too.

Then Ken will be let go, and likely sign with the Eagles where he'll coach 2 years while they restock and then someone else will see them through to contending or regressing.

Dawks will surely flog Port tonight given their injuries and Butters prob not at his best too.

Then Ken will be let go, and likely sign with the Eagles where he'll coach 2 years while they restock and then someone else will see them through to contending or regressing.
Feel like it's going to be the other way around. I still don't think the Hawks are actually as good as what their performances are reflecting. The best teams have constantly fallen over and i think the Hawks have just ridden that wave of luck and momentum. If they manage a win tonight, i think we put them away by 70 next week.

They simply can't be that much better now than what they were last year + until round 5 this season.

Feel like it's going to be the other way around. I still don't think the Hawks are actually as good as what their performances are reflecting. The best teams have constantly fallen over and i think the Hawks have just ridden that wave of luck and momentum. If they manage a win tonight, i think we put them away by 70 next week.

They simply can't be that much better now than what they were last year + until round 5 this season.
I hope we play them as I think surely they'll hit the wall at some stage given what they've had to do all year whereas we should be primed to run and run the game out.
They do seem a KPD short now too...so helleilulah one of our KPFs might even kick a few.
I'd gladly take a non heart health threatening 26 point win, easing up in the fourth. While GW Nobodies & Geelong Cotton Ons bash each other all day in the other game.

Last edited:
Can anyone see Geelong replicating their last week form for 2 more games ? Last week was their best form of the year.

Personally, think we’ve seen their best. We’ve also seen GWS’ best.

I think our complete 4Q performance is coming on September 28.

Who are swans supporters going for in this game? If you look at home and away form it has to be Hawthorn. Just saying
I'm torn.

I have a soft spot for Port, but also want Hinkley sacked.

My brother (was a Hawks fan as a kid) and a Hawks friend of his mostly, were knobs after the 2014 GF, so I'd prefer to avoid having to play them.

If Port can get up but then we annihilate them and Hinkley is sacked, that's the best outcome.

But Port getting flogged and us just getting the job done next week is also good.

Hawks probably worry me more in a prelim though.

I hope we play them as I think surely they'll hit the wall at some stage given what we've had to do all year whereas we should be primed to run and run the game out.
They do seem a KPD short now too...so helleilulah one of our KPFs might even kick a few.
I'd gladly take a non heart health threatening 26 point win, easing up in the fourth. While GW Nobodies & Geelong Cotton Ons bash each other all day in the other game.
None of the remaining possible games will be easy. Each potential opponent has distinctive strengths and shortcomings. To get through we'll need to be at or close to our best for any of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough to pick but I think Hawk's form & energy gets them over the line tonight. Might be too much pressure for Port with the Hinkley saga & getting smashed last week. 1st quarter will be intense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back