Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's just put our loss to Port into perspective.

We played Francis, Corey Warner and fricking Ladhams of all players for the only time this year. James Rowbottom was back fresh from injury.

We were missing Papley, McInerney, Melican, Amartey, Campbell and in my opinion most important of all: Rampe.

We will have rested two weeks. They will have rested one.

We're playing on our home deck.

They'll have some fresh injuries of their own from this game.

This will be a drastically different game. I reckon we got this.
The break could make Sydney rusty, they're going into the match with only 1 game played within a 27 day period, and Port are coming off a brutal game with that mindset. Older players struggle getting up again with too much rest, and Sydney has a lot of them. Seriously the whole finals series should be overhauled to limit significant breaks if Sydney lose this because of the massive rest.

The break could make Sydney rusty, they're going into the match with only 1 game played within a 27 day period, and Port are coming off a brutal game with that mindset. Older players struggle getting up again with too much rest, and Sydney has a lot of them. Seriously the whole finals series should be overhauled to limit significant breaks if Sydney lose this because of the massive rest.
I don't think so. The QF against GWS was so physically intense I think if we'd lost we would have been in serious danger of going out in straight sets against the Lions. Would much rather be in our position going into a Prelim than Port's .

They really need to ditch the pre finals bye.

Last edited:
I must say this whole footy thing confuses me.

All the experts said the 6th placed team in WBDogs were the #1 seed.
Then they lose and the 7th placed team in Hawthorn became the almost unanimous #1 seed and now they've lost.

Does this actually mean that the ladder positions achieved over the season actually have some merit? :confusedv1:
What are you taking about? They were the #1 and #2 Melbourne based teams. They therefore had to be the top seeds. We might as well close the season early given they have been eliminated by outside imposters.

Let's just put our loss to Port into perspective.

We played Francis, Corey Warner and fricking Ladhams of all players for the only time this year. James Rowbottom was back fresh from injury.

We were missing Papley, McInerney, Melican, Amartey, Campbell and in my opinion most important of all: Rampe.

We will have rested two weeks. They will have rested one.

We're playing on our home deck.

They'll have some fresh injuries of their own from this game.

This will be a drastically different game. I reckon we got this.
I think the one week rest thing is a myth, recently teams have played very well following a semi final - GWS, collingwood, WB to name a few. We even made it into the GF in 2016 off the back of a qualifying final loss.

The boys need to be fired the **** up because port ain't going to be 'tired'. And the matchup simply does not work for us, they're basically the dogs in a different kit. The players you've listed off weren't front and centre players in that loss, we lost it in the middle of the ground and surrendered ground position as a result. We need to step up and overwhelm them in the contest in order to make it a different game to last, otherwise we will get rolled again.

I'm at peace knowing if we can get up v port, we will go on and win the big one. If we don't, then we're lacking anyway.

You can feel the electricity all around Western Sydney as anticipation for tonight's game builds. :rolleyes:

Channel 9 Footy have been out and about interviewing residents about their team's big night...
Sorry No Idea GIF by NETFLIX
Who Knows What GIF

stephen fry whatever GIF

Bored Jane Lane GIF

Prelims are hard, Port are good.

The flogging won't mean shit if we play well, the guys need to be at their best.

Respect Port, play to our strengths and win. No tomorrows, if they aren't fired up then something's wrong .

I think the one week rest thing is a myth, recently teams have played very well following a semi final - GWS, collingwood, WB to name a few. We even made it into the GF in 2016 off the back of a qualifying final loss.

Screenshot 2024-09-14 093316.png

Seems to me winning the Premiership off a qualifying final loss is a rarity. 6/23 won. That's only a 26% success rate. Doesn't seem very mythical to me if the data and history is anything to go by. As of now we're in the box seat.

The players you've listed off weren't front and centre players in that loss, we lost it in the middle of the ground and surrendered ground position as a result.
Rowbottom?

I'm at peace knowing if we can get up v port, we will go on and win the big one. If we don't, then we're lacking anyway.
We'll win.

View attachment 2110460

Seems to me winning the Premiership off a qualifying final loss is a rarity. 6/23 won. That's only a 26% success rate. Doesn't seem very mythical to me if the data and history is anything to go by. As of now we're in the box seat.

Rowbottom?

We'll win.
Losing the qualifying final puts you in a disadvantageous position due to losing home ground advantage in a prelim. And if you say being tired because of the extra game also contributes, then 26% is actually a pretty high % in consideration. And that doesn't take into account teams making the granny but losing it.

My point is the extra game is looked upon as a disadvantage when in the past teams have actually looked better coming off the extra game in a prelim than the team that had a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley is an embarrassment really. It is not hard to see why Port fans are not be hind him even when they win. Fo. Head coach to act that way is reserved for local leagues.

So peeps who do we want to face in the GF ?

Even though umps and neutrals will probably favour them, I would love an all NSW grand final.

Imagine the outcry from fathead Eddie.

Geelong for redemption purposes. Not Lions, they worry me.

JHWF - always getting ahead of himself. Always.

Even though umps and neutrals will probably favour them, I would love an all NSW grand final.

We are just playing our own demons 😂

All Sydney gf…would be awesome

Beating GWS 4/4 times this year seems unlikely so I'm hoping Brisbane get up. They're my preferred Grand Final opponent.

I think GWS will make the granny from here , but we can beat them 4/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back