Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange from:Alex CincottaOrazio FantasiaGeorge Hewett
Brodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

I don’t think it’s rocks but the fact that our selectors have done it before

For example in the Second Semi against Melbourne we played Cerra, Hewett and Kennedy but made Ollie the sub

and then in the Prelim against Brisbane we played Cerra, Hewett and Ollie and made Kennedy the sub

And Hewett has been the sub before too - so barring injuries I expect each of Hewett, Kennedy and Ollie to be sub in the coming months

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good points, I just hate to mess with a winning formula however we must continually evolve to improve. In other words, Ive got no ****ing idea :drunk:. There's a reason I never made it in coaching and team management.

We have rocks in our head if we relegate either Kennedy or Hewett to sub. I want Cerra in but neither of those two deserve to be sub, lets not ruin the fabric we are building.

We start managing our list now the injured are coming back, very happy to do that via the sub but I’d like to see Walsh, TDK and Crippa managed for a full week sometime between now and end of home and away season.
Those 3 in the form they’re currently in would be amazeballs in the finals, can see Crippa winning the Gary Ayres medal if he’s much fitter than he was at the business end of last season and Walsh trying to emulate his first finals series efforts and TDK play the way he is right now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We have rocks in our head if we relegate either Kennedy or Hewett to sub. I want Cerra in but neither of those two deserve to be sub, lets not ruin the fabric we are building.

I honestly think Cerra should come back via the 2s. He has never been good first up and the chances of re injury are huge with him so a change of approach could be well justified.

Over our first 8/9 games of footy, most of the team looked like they were running in quicksand/heavy legs. There’s a really stark change now(whether it’s because we have a few more key players back and allows more rotation)as we seem to be really running well across the ground with a lot more penetration when we kick the ball as well. Just overall look alot sharper
Hmmmm…

@extend Jack Russell!

More so I don't think Fantasia makes a much better sub than Durdin would.

Ollie would be better in that role I think.
We need Ollie's two way running on the wing. He does so much good defensive work that goes unnoticed. This would mean that Walsh would get shifted to the wing. Walsh's skillset is so much more valuable in the centre. Putting him into Ollie's role would be a terrible waste of one of our most damaging players and create a massive problem in our transition defence.

smelling finding nemo GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need Ollie's two way running on the wing. He does so much good defensive work that goes unnoticed. This would mean that Walsh would get shifted to the wing. Walsh's skillset is so much more valuable in the centre. Putting him into Ollie's role would be a terrible waste of one of our most damaging players and create a massive problem in our transition defence.

Agree on all points. The fact we’re talking about depth is great but I dont want to start throwing onballers on the wing, or midfielders onto the half forward line. The structure is working at the moment, let’s not ruin that to bring in the “names.”

Cez for Fantasia and shift Fantasia to sub. Cez and Walsh to Wax with the Cotters role. Remember when we were on a roll last year Walsh often started on the forward flank and just pushed up and played as an extra mid. Plenty of things we can do to accommodate playing Cez. If we win the next 3 I’m all for giving both TDK and Cripps a rest before the season is out. Of all our group these are the two we need to be fresh AF leading into the big dance.
Rather have an impact player as sub

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am a huge Fogs fan but competition for spots is crazy when/if all fit in coming weeks.

He was pretty quiet Friday night and if he was to have another couple of quiet ones Jack martin will be all over his spot.

Same can be said for Olie and Cotts.

Durds for Mots on the cards.

Fantasia IMO will not be in our best 23.

Marchy was BOG in the twos so Kemp/Cow need to keep performing well.

It is such a healthy state of affairs and how it has to be for a side that is contending for the Cup.
Our pressure wins us games. Fog is the king of pressure.

Our pressure wins us games. Fog is the king of pressure.

Have a look at how easily the cats ran the ball out of our forward line the first time we played versus how much they struggled to last weekend. Fog is not the only difference between the two games but he is a major reason why for the difference.

It would take a huge reversal in form for Fog to be under any threat.

Heads up for this weeks reserves game also on Sunday before the main game, is scheduled at Punt Road 12 midday start also being televised on Ch7 this weekend again as well…

10.30 beers just across the other side of Punt Road then, geez that pub had some interesting barmaids back in the day…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back