Autopsy 2024 Rd 16 Blues tame the Tigers easily

Who played well for the Blues in Round 16 vs the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

And Ollie does? His last 4 matches he’s averaging just 10 touches…

Cottrell is just as good a runner, hits the scoreboard and is involved in a lot of score involvements. I remember the Freo game in Rd 4. He kicked 2.2 and had 7 score involvements.

At some stage, Ollie needs to start engineering more of the football.
Cotters is also faster and can hold a tackle. Ollie is just too slight at the moment. Seeing him flayling about attempting to tackle numerous times and gest flicked off like a booger too many times this season.

Was always a dour looking guy.

I think SOS treats his emotions like he did his job at Full Back.

He doesn't let anything get through...

Last edited:
Looking forward to many more of these wins against the Tigers. Worst list in the AFL. At the end of the year Gibcus will be the only player under 25 with the potential to be an A grader. They will have 10 30yr olds on their list.

Really, I think he is one of our all time, keeping it in context …where we’ve come from Cripps has stuck with us captained the side won a Brownlow can’t compare it really to the golden era…but we all see it differently
Slot Cripps into the 80’s or 90’s premiership era’s, only could imagine with the success, stars and class that those teams possessed & around him, how he would have done, pretty bloody good I’d reckon…

Anyway he’s a modern day champion of the game and of Carlton, he’ll sit comfortably amongst all of our clubs greats of all eras…

Cotters is also faster and can hold a tackle. Ollie is just too slight at the moment. Seeing him flayling about attempting to tackle numerous times and gest flicked off like a booger too many times this season.
He needs 9-10kg of muscle mass. Give him more strength through the upper body. It definitely hasn't hurt Moo this year. Still, Ollie has a couple more years before he finishes filling out fully so it's going to happen anyway.

Coaches' Votes

10 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
8 - Sam Walsh (CARL)
6 - Nicholas Newman (CARL)
2 - Adam Saad (CARL)
2 - Blake Acres (CARL)
1 - Elijah Hollands (CARL)
1 -
Ben Miller (RICH)

mentioned in several different threads over the last there is a huge issue with commenters, especially ex-players, calling to get themselves over with catch phrases, hyperboles and making mountains out of molehills. Rather than just calling the game and providing insite into the who / when / why.

How long until we can switch Ch7 off and have the separate foxtfooty call ?
next season

I think it's easy to forget he's just a second-year player who's still learning the ropes a bit.

Having said that, being at the game yesterday, the one thing I noticed with Ollie is positionally he sometimes gives his opponents too much leg rope. He's playing within our team structure and part of what we want to do is tease kicks from our opponents but I think he can be a little caught out by either not being responsive enough or giving them too much space.
Great observation, it’s a part of his game he tends to do a lot from watching him as well…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shirley he won't get another gig after this season ,he's beyond bad ..
Needs to be in a geriatric ward..
And I really hope our club puts a ban on him from entering our rooms doing his roaming **** nuckle
Don't call him Shirley.....

You'll upset all those upstanding Shirley's out there.

Coaches' Votes

10 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
8 - Sam Walsh (CARL)
6 - Nicholas Newman (CARL)
2 - Adam Saad (CARL)
2 - Blake Acres (CARL)
1 - Elijah Hollands (CARL)
1 -
Ben Miller (RICH)
1 vote to Ben Miller in a 60 point loss?

Nick Offerman Laughing GIF

sydney had the loss they had to have, we had the first half we had to have. it's a good thing we were pushed early by a bottom team. year after year, even this year, we've seen middle of the road teams take home the points despite us being favourites.
we seem to be doing things better teams will do, turn it on for 10 minutes and put 5 goals between us and the opposition. goals are coming from everywhere though it may not happen against a stronger team but so long as we keep up the supply to the forward line the opposition will be putting their fingers in the dike.
we're less likely to really clamp down on a team's scoring but more blow them away, last couple of weeks case in point. defenders doing well enough for now.
fantasia doing small forward things, didn't expect he had the leg on him to score from 50. hard to budge him from the side with a game like that. on paper we probably lack medium forward but we seem to manage. owies seems to be that kind of player rather than your wily small forward.

Bring back Bruce and Dennis

Damn I miss them two, unbiased and a pleasure to listen to
Prime McAvaney was a wonderful commentator/caller, thought he dropped of in quality in his later years…
Although I’d still prefer him commenting now than most of what we have to listen to tv wise…

Did Cowan play in the midfield yesterday? Or what was the deal there?
I thought I noticed him in a centre bounce or two. Also in several around the ground ball ups etc. so I think he's spending a little time around the ball while still generally being a backman. Being graduated in a bit and I love it.

He's a real crafty kick, one of those guys that manages to get ball to foot in weird body positions. Those guys can be very handy inside. Obviously, we know he's a big kick as well, so some foot penetration in the mids would be great.

Prime McAvaney was a wonderful commentator/caller, thought he dropped of in quality in his later years…
Although I’d still prefer him commenting now than most of what we have to listen to tv wise…
yeah never thought id say i missed Bruce.. hes at times fanboi-ing is much more palatable than BT, JB, and Darce's.

• (insert-adjective) ball
  • Wowwies
  • athleticisms

He needs 9-10kg of muscle mass. Give him more strength through the upper body. It definitely hasn't hurt Moo this year. Still, Ollie has a couple more years before he finishes filling out fully so it's going to happen anyway.

I was going to say that - he is going to take several years to put on that kind of weight (if ever) - he is just not that body type (maybe not until 24-25 years old).

And Ollie does? His last 4 matches he’s averaging just 10 touches…

Cottrell is just as good a runner, hits the scoreboard and is involved in a lot of score involvements. I remember the Freo game in Rd 4. He kicked 2.2 and had 7 score involvements.

At some stage, Ollie needs to start engineering more of the football.

Did I say Ollie does or is playing well?

As I said Cottrells best football has been as HF as YOU have highlighted. When he plays wing he struggles

They are not like for like

I thought I noticed him in a centre bounce or two. Also in several around the ground ball ups etc. so I think he's spending a little time around the ball while still generally being a backman. Being graduated in a bit and I love it.

He's a real crafty kick, one of those guys that manages to get ball to foot in weird body positions. Those guys can be very handy inside. Obviously, we know he's a big kick as well, so some foot penetration in the mids would be great.

No centre bounces, but was following Bolton a fair bit which pushed him higher

Really enjoying Cowan's defensive first mindset, next stage will be adding overlap run and looking for shorter targets, rather than always banging long

Fev didn't have the tank to take marks on the wing, fill the hole in defence in redtime or consistently bring other players into the game with his footskills. Curnow is more complete than Fevola.
It was a different game in Fevs era, full forwards didn't do that. Imo he was really the last of the true full forwards that played out of the goal square. Buddy was the prototype of the modern era who could get up field more. I don't think Fev would have translated all tate well, to your point about fitness and getting up to the wing etc. Imo he'd be a bit like how Darcy Fogarty at times almost feels like a throwback forward that's out of place in the modern game and gets lost from time to time.

Don't agree re footskills. Fev had elite footskills, with a larger breadth of skills than Charlie imo. Charlie is an elite long kick, his kicking 60m inside 50 is second to none imo, but he doesn't really have a lot of touch. Fev could kick a ball 60 but also had elite finesse when needed as well. Look at his best goals highlights and see how many are crafty kicks out of nowhere - bananas, checksides, or even lying on the ground... Curnow is more a sledgehammer with how he kicks, which is effective in its own right of course. I'd rather Charlie kicking inside 50 from 70 out, but just about every other kick in the book I'd rather Fev.

Back