Autopsy 2024 Rd 16 Blues tame the Tigers easily

Who played well for the Blues in Round 16 vs the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

1 vote to Ben Miller in a 60 point loss?

Nick Offerman Laughing GIF
Voss wants us to be humble and show humility. Why he picked Miller to get the token vote we will have to ask him.

Yep, percent in Cotts.

He’s never been great on the wing, does run very hard but doesn’t run to the right places.

Cotts has come a long way and has found his position as a very good defensive forward “run with” player. However, Cins seems to be doing that role now and doing it better than Cotts.

Think the best way to get Cotts into the team is move Cins to the wing at the expense of Ollie, then Cotts as defensive forward.

However, don’t think that’s warranted. Yes, Ollie is still finding his feet and doesn’t have the vision, composure and skills of his brother, but he’s only second year and is doing a lot of “gut running” and filling space that stops the opposition run. He’s still getting enough ball at the moment, although more would be nice. Think at this stage I’d leave Cins as defensive forward / tagger and Ollie on the wing. Cotts will need to work his way back through the ressies

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well said.

Issue is now the side is well balanced and players are playing well in current roles. Ollie isn't playing great but not everyone will at the same time

Problem is we don't have an obvious player to come straight in. IMO Doc would be perfect and we miss him

Options may be Cincotta Elijah Williams but they are doing well in their current roles and IMPORTANTLY the side is gelling very well. Binns is an option but I'm not convinced he will be any better especially over the short term

I think the best option (if we made a change) would be Cowan to a wing and Marchbank into defence

Our best wingman is actually Walsh but he is also in our best 2 mids.

Personally, I wouldn't be making any changes unless because of injury. The side is now cohesive, playing well, winning and now has trust in each other. Leave it the way it is

Add premiership captain and he may be more revered than all, not just Judd.
Yes becausse he dug in through all the painful years. Plus good as our past champs were, it is a different era and I put it to you neigh sayers that players have never had to be fitter or challenged more than they are in the modern game.
Crippa was exactly the right man for our new era. He is incredible and we got to watch him mature and grow. 💙😊

Laugh at some comments I've seen elsewhere on how the McKay 'touched' mark in the 3rd quarter was pivotal in our game.

Be interested to hear what Slobbo has to say about the umpiring in Geelong v Essendon game.

Can hear him now "Momentum is everything in this game now Gerard - Essendon had the momentum torn away from them".

Binns will get more ball than Ollie is at the moment, he’s a magnet
Not sure you’ll get the defensive mindset though.

At some stage we have to give Binns a go, he’s done all you can ask for in a young player at twos level

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Binns kicking really lacks penetration. Really by a lot. He actually seems further away from getting a game than he did a couple of months ago.

Laugh at some comments I've seen elsewhere on how the McKay 'touched' mark in the 3rd quarter was pivotal in our game.

Be interested to hear what Slobbo has to say about the umpiring in Geelong v Essendon game.

Can hear him now "Momentum is everything in this game now Gerard - Essendon had the momentum torn away from them".
by them not turning up in the second half :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah never thought id say i missed Bruce.. hes at times fanboi-ing is much more palatable than BT, JB, and Darce's.

• (insert-adjective) ball
  • Wowwies
  • athleticisms
He was an enthusiastic commentator. His fanboi'ing was much of his charm. Commetti was the steadying influence in the callers box.

I was going to say that - he is going to take several years to put on that kind of weight (if ever) - he is just not that body type (maybe not until 24-25 years old).
Compare him to where his brother is now and that will give us an idea of his trajectory of development body wise is going to go over the next couple of years.

Fev didn't have the tank to take marks on the wing, fill the hole in defence in redtime or consistently bring other players into the game with his footskills. Curnow is more complete than Fevola.
Wouldn't mind a tackle or defensive effort once in a while, the only thing that let's him down.

Weitering had 6 contested one on one battles against Richmond and won all 6.

I’ll take “awful” Weits any day

No idea how they judge what is and isn't a one-on-one battle but those stats are just not right. Their talls kicked 5 goals.

Where do they keep the stats about trying to pick the ball up under no pressure fumbling it, fumbling it again, dropping it between your legs and finally fumbling it over the boundary line?

Weits himself would own up to a bit of a stinker yesterday.

Unlucky but he was still being a tad overzealous running in the way he did.
Note sure he did anything wrong. Richmond player clearly ducked into the oncoming player.

Well said.

Issue is now the side is well balanced and players are playing well in current roles. Ollie isn't playing great but not everyone will at the same time

Problem is we don't have an obvious player to come straight in. IMO Doc would be perfect and we miss him

Options may be Cincotta Elijah Williams but they are doing well in their current roles and IMPORTANTLY the side is gelling very well. Binns is an option but I'm not convinced he will be any better especially over the short term

I think the best option (if we made a change) would be Cowan to a wing and Marchbank into defence

Our best wingman is actually Walsh but he is also in our best 2 mids.

Personally, I wouldn't be making any changes unless because of injury. The side is now cohesive, playing well, winning and now has trust in each other. Leave it the way it is

I agree doc would have been playing there if fit but are we all just pretending that Cottrell hasn't played the bulk of his career on the wing? He's due back from injury in a week or 2 and if fit I think he has to play as he was going well prior to the injury. At most one week in the VFL.

Can he / Cerra / Elijah share time between half forward / wing / mid?

The team is looking so strong it's going to be very hard on the likes of Ollie if dropped.

Back