Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange from:Alex CincottaOrazio FantasiaGeorge Hewett
Brodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

I get it, but also it's hard for subs to regularly impact.
For X-factor types like Martin, they often have to play the full 2 hours to find that 10-15 minutes when they bust the game open.

Off the top of my head, Bot had the greatest impact coming on as sub this year. But he also had a bunch of games when he came on and struggled.
Very much agree.

We need to remember that the sub is just one of 22 players on the field. We can't expect them to be subbed on (assuming it's the usual late 3rd, early 4th quarter) and find 10+ possessions. Different story if it footy was made up of only 5 players per team...

What I would expect, is hard running, relentless pressure, tough tackling. Goals/large amount of touches would be a bonus.

Whatever you do, don’t go on the Richmond board for a read.
Let’s just say, ‘class’ isn’t a word you would use to describe them.
It’s also interesting how quickly they forget their onfield tactics to win a premiership or 3.

Whatever you do, don’t go on the Richmond board for a read.
Let’s just say, ‘class’ isn’t a word you would use to describe them.
It’s also interesting how quickly they forget their onfield tactics to win a premiership or 3.

And for those with short memories let’s not forget the 1973 Grand Final ;) :mad:

I think previously we were trying to squeeze out more and more from our contested game and hence all focus seemed to be on the midfield mix…

However in recent times we seem to have changed our focus a bit more to improving our turnover game.

I think we now have a good mix of both scoring routes - winning clearances/stoppages/pressure and our outside running game has improved immensely.

on top of all this tdk has turned into being one of our most important players.

So many things going tight….

As they say don’t put all eggs in one basket 🙌☝️👍👌

They hate us basically because of one game, the 1972 Grand Final, where their loosing score would have won every GF before, and only beaten by 4 teams in the next 50 years!!! Bloody sooks, it's why Sheedy hates Carlton so much, and took that to Essendon....
Richmond and Carlton had a huge rivalry based on pure hatred from the late 60s to the 70s which only really abated when Richmond became crap for so long.

Essendon at that time were irrelevant to me and only became hated when the Richmond bloke became their coach in the early 80s.

Possible lineup from our friends over on the Tigers board:

B: Blight Miller Broad
HB: Brown Vlastuin D.Rioli
C: McIntosh Taranto Ralphsmith
HF: Mansell Bolton Baker
F: Balta Martin Koschitzke
R: Nankervis Hopper Dow
INT: Campbell McAuliffe Sonsie Short Graham

As Martin will play majority deep forward, I’m thinking Cincotta goes to Bolton (speed might be an issue here) or Taranto if he starts to get off the chain. Don’t think anyone else is worth tagging tbh.

As Martin will play majority deep forward, I’m thinking Cincotta goes to Bolton (speed might be an issue here) or Taranto if he starts to get off the chain. Don’t think anyone else is worth tagging tbh.
Yeah agreed, think it’s Cincotta to Taranto

Newman to Martin
Boyd or Moo to Bolton
Weiters to Balta, though I think he plays back to matchup on Charlie

Cincotta's role wont change, will play half forward and tag their Plus 1. Or he starts half forward and tags one of the onballers in general play. Kennedy and Hewett to take turns tagging one of their better onballers, probably Hopper. Reckon we will also play close attention to Taranto. After this they have very little.

A tight defence and good pressure is how you crush weaker sides. We need to remember that even the lower end AFL players and teams are really good footballers/teams when not under much pressure. See North Melbourne lately, not enough respect from their opposition.

We should be winning this by a considerable margin. But if we believe this we won't.

It will be interesting to see how we use Cerra. I am not against him coming back via the VFL, his first game back after any time off has always been rubbish. I would like to see him played as a forward/mid.

Huge midfield rotations will totally blow them apart.

Vlastuin?
I don’t think anyone in the Tigers back 6 is damaging enough to warrant a tag.

Yeah agreed, think it’s Cincotta to Taranto

Newman to Martin
Boyd or Moo to Bolton
Weiters to Balta, though I think he plays back to matchup on Charlie
Yeah I feel Balta will be swung around depending where they need him most but with no Grimes or Lynch, that’s probably at both ends right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the whole idea of the sub being speedy and fresh-legged to 'inject some speed' into the game a bit of a myth?

Are there some recent examples of this happening? Seems like an inside-mid like Kennedy/Hewett as sub would be more impactful as they're immediately around the ball & can bash, crash, win the ball and get it forward.

A wingman or small fwd coming on late and having to get up to the speed of the game reading it from the outside in such a short time frame would seem harder to me.

Just a thought.

Happy to just bank the win with this one. Weather is going to be bad and it's not that long ago we were playing abysmal football.

Have played one really bad game all year,have been a winning chance in every other game not sure that’s anywhere near abysmal unless you’re referring to early last year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A tight defence and good pressure is how you crush weaker sides. We need to remember that even the lower end AFL players and teams are really good footballers/teams when not under much pressure. See North Melbourne lately, not enough respect from their opposition.

We should be winning this by a considerable margin. But if we believe this we won't.
100%. Given our fire-power in the midfield and the mismatches we've got up forward it can be tempting to get a rish of blood and just think that attack will blow them away. But defence first is the way to go. We'll get heaps of looks the other way if we bring the trademark pressure and contest.

Happy to just bank the win with this one. Weather is going to be bad and it's not that long ago we were playing abysmal football.
That’s how to bring the mood down…

We’ve just won 5 in a row, sitting 10&4, having played the best football we’ve played for years against the cats with Cerra coming back in.

If we just chalk up a win against the second to bottom side rife with injuries, there will be blood on the streets!

How about a left field option, we rest Cinca to freshen him up for later in the season, bring in Cez....

Cinca has being doing the hardest of hard yards, keeping him fresh for the run home would be a smart move, especially as there is no one worth tagging in this disaster of a team!?!

I was thinking Rioli. Take away their half back run.

How about a left field option, we rest Cinca to freshen him up for later in the season, bring in Cez....

Cinca has being doing the hardest of hard yards, keeping him fresh for the run home would be a smart move, especially as there is no one worth tagging in this disaster of a team!?!

Nobody needs a rest at this stage... we've played 2 matches in like 20 days lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back