Autopsy 2024 Rd 17 Blues take a giant step backwards

Who played well for the Blues in Round 17 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes Gab.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I knew it was bad but damn, not that I really make much of stats like that, the current group is a long way removed from 93, in fact, I don't think any of them were born :tearsofjoy:

*Edit; Maybe Newman was but that would be it

Don't get me wrong, he is and would be a phenomenal player for any team, but he's still a grub.

Every time we play them he does a sucker punch or groin punch to one of our players. It's like clockwork and he gets away with it every time.
Surely it will be looked at ..

Don't get me wrong, he is and would be a phenomenal player for any team, but he's still a grub.

Every time we play them he does a sucker punch or groin punch to one of our players. It's like clockwork and he gets away with it every time.
Not disputing that bit at all. It is a bit like the disdain we had for David Rhys Jones and Greg Williams before they played for Carlton, all was forgiven once they joined us. ;)

You're not wrong, but it's a different era now. I don't think there's any place for these sorts of tactics in the modern game.
I do agree with that too, I wasn't a fan of them back then, even less today.

On Blue Abroad show. One of the comments was Blues had won only 4 of 28 since 93. 🧐

Cant be understated just how important it is to our premiership chances for every final we play to be in Melbourne.

Honestly think it could easily be the difference between winning a premiership or not.

Need to finish 2nd, or hope we finish 3rd and a melb team finish 2nd.

I think we win last year's semifinal vs Brisbane if it was played in Melb.

Cant be understated just how important it is to our premiership chances for every final we play to be in Melbourne.

Honestly think it could easily be the difference between winning a premiership or not.

Totally agree. We need to hold onto second F.

Totally agree. We need to hold onto second F.

Better get to 16-17 wins then.
Can see a situation where we play Geelong in the first final at MCG (2nd vs 3rd) which will be a must win to avoid a potential Sydney PF.

This is exactly what is at stake. The ability to control our own destiny at home compared to possibly being sent on the road.

Take last year for example. We got the lions at the Gabba, pies got them at the G. Nothing between Carlton and Collingwood in the back end of last year but they had a leg up due to their ladder position which they earned.

IMG_5860.png

This is my ladder predictor

Cant see the Lions dropping any of their games. Swans the only one but it’s at the Gabba so i gave them the win still. Gonna be a photo finish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better get to 16-17 wins then.
Can see a situation where we play Geelong in the first final at MCG (2nd vs 3rd) which will be a must win to avoid a potential Sydney PF.
Based on our record in NSW, a knock out final up there means our premiership hopes would be close to done.

Brisbane and Freo are on the charge and still with a shot of finishing 2nd.

We really need to finish top 2.

To be fair, every team struggles against extreme pressure....thats the nature of it.

Also with tagging. We've been the biggest success stories of using a tagger with Cincotta dominating...he destroyed Merrett who just destroyed Collingwood because they let him run around.

Fyfe tagged Heeney successfully last week. Neal Bulleen did the job on N Daicos recently. It's not really a new blueprint for teams.

Although I am surprised more teams haven't tagged Walsh this year. I certainly would be as an opposition coach.

Nothing wrong with our tagging strategy, just mentioned coaches will take note that Walsh is prone to being tagged out of the game.

Based on our record in NSW, a knock out final up there means our premiership hopes would be close to done.

Brisbane and Freo are on the charge and still with a shot of finishing 2nd.

We really need to finish top 2.
Freo wanna finish inside the top 4 they will need to beat Hawks in Tassie this week which won’t be easy, got some tough games coming up all of a sudden….. might come down to the result of their Cats game for a top 4 spot for both teams.

Freo wanna finish inside the top 4 they will need to beat Hawks in Tassie this week which won’t be easy, got some tough games coming up all of a sudden….. might come down to the result of their Cats game for a top 4 spot for both teams.
This is where you do need a luck with results going your way sometimes.

Yeah would be good if we just kept winning, but that doesn't always happen in sport.

Hawks beating freo and essentially all our closest top 2/4 rivals losing would help us a lot.

Could be looking at first final against Freo in WA.

Having said that I, we will win our remaining games.

Back