Preview 2024 Rd 17 Carlton vs GWS Saturday 6th July 7:30PM @ Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been said a bit. The Pitto / TDK combo sees TDK disappear in terms of effectiveness as he isnt that great a fwd. But he is forced to play that role because Pitto is even worse fwd.

It's also been mentioned lots of time that Mckay can relieve pressure by having a run in the ruck and getting a kick.

Then there is the debate on having the extra runner for turnover game.

I know where I stand.
Not sure what you say makes much sense, in all honesty..

Cuningham has done absolutely nothing to deserve a recall even if only as a sub. Needs 5-6 weeks in the 2's before being considered for the senior team
Was in pretty decent touch on the weekend, and would prefer him for 30-50 minutes over Carroll's current form (sadly).

But my post was in the context of as many as 4 outs from the team while we juggle a dearth of capable small defensive, mid and forward replacements. Things are looking a little rosier a day later, as I wrote this before the injury report went live (just).

If you're going to reply to my post, at least do me the courtesy of reading it in full and responding with some acknowledgement of the context.

These comments are people having an opinion, fair enough but they are not comments made by the coaches, players or anyone else from the club, which was the point of my post.

We all have differing views on the best overall team and my own view which I haven’t yet mentioned is that there are times when TDK as sole ruck is the best option.

I am however not convinced that playing him as the sole ruck every week is the best strategy and whether we play Pitto instead of or along side TDK is a debate of the MC I would love to be privy to.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes nps to a different opinion. I'm interested in how Vossy sees it too.

It felt like it was def a preference for a two ruck setup 2-3 months ago. We will see whether TDK's and Carlton's recent form changes that preference.

I also believe against Freo there is the option of Pitto/TDK vs their 2 ruck set up but dont have it locked in based on the JSoS/Young performance vs the Dockers. It showed there is other ways to skin a cat.

I'd be a lot happier if Charlie led up fast and hard at the ball carrier rather than wrestle with his opponent all the time.
I think because Charlie is very good at reading the ball that gets over the back, he likes to have a bob each-way in this regard. The deeper entry allows him to try and either mark, or read the spillage over the top. But agree, it is taking the easier option in many respects (though it has undoubtedly resulted in a lot of goals for us).

Pitto Top 4 no chance ! Grundy , Gawn , Freo rucks , English and that’s off the top of my head
Don’t go off champion data , they had cripps coming off the bench in the all Australian team
Agree, a very good solid foot soldier and we are lucky to have him ........ TDK has given him
windburn on the way past in the last month or so however it must be said.

We may not be able to hang onto him though. Not sure his contract status???

Geelong for one would love him there.

I think you might be the only one here who is still asking this question.
Nope, not that what any of us thinks proves anything . Last year should have taught people that, even earlier this season to an extent. People were hopping off at the rate of knots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play with the same intent that we have been playing and we win this one fairly easily, at least 4 or 5 goals, they aren't a bad team but we are an extremely good one.

The only game that really worries me on the run home is the Collingwood game.

I think because Charlie is very good at reading the ball that gets over the back, he likes to have a bob each-way in this regard. The deeper entry allows him to try and either mark, or read the spillage over the top. But agree, it is taking the easier option in many respects (though it has undoubtedly resulted in a lot of goals for us).
He should let the smalls clean up out the back, so good on the lead & when the ball hits the ground - much more likely to add goals by moving up the field & folding back IMHO.

Dudes kicked 2+ goals every game this season. Only person to manage that this late into the season for the last 30 years alongside Jono brown. He can keep doing whatever he's doing as far as I'm concerned.

Play with the same intent that we have been playing and we win this one fairly easily, at least 4 or 5 goals, they aren't a bad team but we are an extremely good one.

The only game that really worries me on the run home is the Collingwood game.
Dogs & Hawthorn won’t be easy either

I'd be a lot happier if Charlie led up fast and hard at the ball carrier rather than wrestle with his opponent all the time

Been thinking this myself for quite a while, needs a better balance on the way he tries to win the ball.

I don't mind Charlie and Harry having the confidence to think they can stitch up a very inexperienced Richmond defense. Importantly they had the awareness to get on their bikes when it didn't pan out.

Richmond may have found one in Blight. Great size, great closing speed and positioned himself like a 100 game vet.

I don't mind Charlie and Harry having the confidence to think they can stitch up a very inexperienced Richmond defense. Importantly they had the awareness to get on their bikes when it didn't pan out.

Richmond may have found one in Blight. Great size, great closing speed and positioned himself like a 100 game vet.
For all the talk of how well the Tigers talls did, H and CC were rarely out marked, they brought the ball to ground which our smalls were often able to converted. Both kicked 2 on a wet day. Not sure it was that great a win. Tigers were also CC?H centric and allowed many easy marks I50 for the smalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back