Preview 2024 Rd 17 Carlton vs GWS Saturday 6th July 7:30PM @ Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the James Buchanan High school appreciation society
And I reckon Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington is a automatic in when fit, on the wing;)

Might be part of workload management
It would be great if we are able to really have some good load management heading into finals.
I remember hearing Clarko one time talking about one of his premierships (I think it was 2014, but it may have been another year). He said they were really fresh heading into finals because of the injuries they had during the year and believed this assisted in the premiership win.

Kennedy is too, I would also expect he will be on the ball and not half back, where Cincotta has been doing his work. Maybe he switches on him around the ground. I reckon Hewett or Kennedy go to him. Kennedy has been good one on one and Hewett has always been good there. Think we will match them well and take out their top few who are very good.
give Kennedy the week off considering

Even though it makes sense to play cotts as sub, I can't see for the balance of the side to have 2 small forwards on the bench in Owies and Fanta. One will be sub, in my humble opinion

Even though it makes sense to play cotts as sub, I can't see for the balance of the side to have 2 small forwards on the bench in Owies and Fanta. One will be sub, in my humble opinion
If Cottrell is sub the balance of the 22 will be identical to last week. Only change is De Koning in for Pittonet

Having great midfield depth is very odd?
Nope - odd that Hewett had a rest last week as sub and has been rotated this week. We had a bye three weeks ago. It’s not form - he’s been great and Voss loves him.
I fully expect rotations to continue if we stay healthy btw - I posted about that yesterday.

Nope - odd that Hewett had a rest last week as sub and has been rotated this week. We had a bye three weeks ago. It’s not form - he’s been great and Voss loves him.
I fully expect rotations to continue if we stay healthy btw - I posted about that yesterday.
Rotating out the player who was rotated out last week?

This is the pecking order.

I think the intent is to find out where Cotts fits in the pecking order

But i supect they are focussed on having two way runners in the side

Rotating out the player who was rotated out last week?

This is the pecking order.
Disagree - I think it is a management process and there’s a fine balance to flirting with form.
That said, I wouldn’t feel totally comfortable if I was George. Think E Hollands will play more midfield minutes this week and if he continues to impact like he has in recent weeks, he’s going to be hard to shift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many games together? I want in on the bet.
Needs to be fair. Most are discussing the theme that two rucks are dead. And it is.

No brainer there will be a special case, or a very good chance of a special case.

Bet needs to exclude injuries/suspensions and be a three game run minimum.

Bow and ... wont go there.

More than happy to have a side wager. I think before the end of the season both play and finals for both still on the cards

This week TDK comes in Pitto

We could do it against Collingwood if Cox and Cameron are both playing. If we play Fremantle again, that would be a good chance to do it again. Not seeing any other major opportunities.

Absolutely is. Go back and watch the semi v the Swans last year when he was set deliberately for Errol Guilden. Did a great job. No-one in our team currently can do that. Assuming that he comes back O.K.

He is assuming he comes back in similar shape. Another knee and another year.

This is an awesome side we are putting out there. If selected it’s a sign Voss is hell bent on balance which I love as opposed to just finding spots for players.

Four core mids with Elijah and maybe Fog getting centre square time. Cinc tags Whitfleid. If Cinc tagged a mid would put Kennedy under pressure for a spot too (should Martin come good).

He is clearly valuing pressure almost above all else. And why not? When we get the pressure rating up we are very hard to beat. And I think gws have really struggled with pressure this season.

We've got all these games if we try 100%. But there will be a game where they turn up at 85% and we get done.

Sydney/Brisbane/Freo away are the only exception to the guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back