Preview 2024 Rd 17 Carlton vs GWS Saturday 6th July 7:30PM @ Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We question the validity due to the fact Cottrell has been injured for the past 8 weeks and is rushed straight back in the seniors without playing a game at any level. Cottrell last played against Melbourne on 9th May.
We did that earlier in the year with Marchbank.
That didn't work out great.
I assume "we" means you and whoever else always gripes about something from the armchair.

Seriously dont think the match committee would feel the need to be rushing anyone back or playing them unfit at this point in our resurgence.

A fit Doc can still provide value and versatility. He just needs to stop he habit of hacking and bombing the ball. Our game plan has moved past that now.
I did laugh at those complaining about his kicking in the Brisbane game thread this year. After he'd actually done his ACL.

Anyone who writes off Doc because he's had three ACL' s will have as much egg on their faces as those who wrote him off after two, or those that wrote him off after cancer. The bloke is almost not human.

Here's a long term prediction. I genuinely believe that Doc will be an AFL premiership coach. I would love that to be at Carlton.

Last edited:

I still think Hewett will play for Kennedy.

But otherwise, I think our coaches might see the GWS midfield as an approximate for Sydney’s in terms of the mix between clearance and spread. If that’s the case, then I’m pretty sure they would be keen to try the lineup which provides our best balance along those lines. Hence the rush to bring back Cottrell and the decision to remove a big bodied midfielder

Elijah doesn't remind me of any player in particular, he's pretty unique. His left handball is lethal, first Blue I've noticed the quality of handball in quite a while.
David King showed highlights of his ball use on mid week first crack. That left hand handball last week was sublime, not many players in the comp can either see or do that. Kingy urged us to trust him more in the midfield.

Last edited:
We question the validity due to the fact Cottrell has been injured for the past 8 weeks and is rushed straight back in the seniors without playing a game at any level. Cottrell last played against Melbourne on 9th May.
We did that earlier in the year with Marchbank.
That didn't work out great.
Who is this collective we that you speak about?

You, Negative Nellie and Doubting Thomas?

The Marchbank game that you speak about he played on Zurhaar who kicked one goal and we won easily.

What’s this narrative about Ollie being out of form? He gets low disposals because we use his wing offensively much less than the Acres one. But his defensive running has been just about the best in the team in the last month or so
Ollie needs to do a lot better than 1 kick in a game of footy against a bottom team like Richmond. Let’s hope he turns it around this week.

I did laugh at those complaining about his kicking in the Brisbane game thread this year. After he'd actually done his ACL.

You do realise that nobody (including yourself and the club doctors) knew that he actually tore his ACL at the time right? His kick was an absolute shocker and given he was back out there, of course people were going to assume he was ok and get frustrated with it during the heat of the game...

Agreed. Fantasia should be the sub. Stiff after 4 goals but his long term form suggests that was an anomally. We'll get more out of Owies playing a full game.

Owies was poor last week, fighting it out with Ollie H for most lack of impact against the ferals.

When you have a full list to choose from standards are easily set by who goes out the previous week and who stays in.

You would want to make very sure you’re playing at or near your best on a weekly basis from here on in or your position will be taken.

Orazio has been building for a weeks now, he was very lucky earlier in the season as there was no replacements to tip him out. But early season form is completely irrelevant now, you have to perform right now

Having said that, it could just be loads they are managing. Our smalls do a lot of running and pressure acts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Owies was poor last week, fighting it out with Ollie H for most lack of impact against the ferals.

When you have a full list to choose from standards are easily set by who goes out the previous week and who stays in.

You would want to make very sure you’re playing at or near your best on a weekly basis from here on in or your position will be taken.

Orazio has been building for a weeks now, he was very lucky earlier in the season as there was no replacements to tip him out. But early season form is completely irrelevant now, you have to perform right now

Having said that, it could just be loads they are managing. Our smalls do a lot of running and pressure acts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Against Richmond Owies was poor?

Hardly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't like Owies as sub. He was selfless on the weekend, with 2 goal assists to Fantasia. Could have easily gone for goal himself and kicked his 3 which probably keeps him in the side.

Not sure we're sending the right message here.
The bonus of Owies now, is that he demands attention, so someone has to go to him.

I find the picking of Kennedy a bit nerve racking, if a player goes down with a knee injury and is subbed out, surely they could use a rest, especially if the player has had troubles on that knee only last season.

It will be a tough game but we should be too strong.

The bonus of Owies now, is that he demands attention, so someone has to go to him.

This is the bonus of our teams current status - no longer are we the team where weaker/lower ranked teams go in thinking if they throw the kitchen sink at us they may snag a win - they come into our games in self preservation mode “how can we stop the bleeding.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back