Preview 2024 Rd 17 Carlton vs GWS Saturday 6th July 7:30PM @ Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m sure one of them Will be Cincked.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

GRsNp4gbMAEw1Zq

Owies was poor last week, fighting it out with Ollie H for most lack of impact against the ferals.

When you have a full list to choose from standards are easily set by who goes out the previous week and who stays in.

You would want to make very sure you’re playing at or near your best on a weekly basis from here on in or your position will be taken.

Orazio has been building for a weeks now, he was very lucky earlier in the season as there was no replacements to tip him out. But early season form is completely irrelevant now, you have to perform right now

Having said that, it could just be loads they are managing. Our smalls do a lot of running and pressure acts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fantasia:

“It all comes off the back of our work rate, that’s our role as small forwards. We’ve got to get back and help, then once we win the ball back, hopefully we can really explode,” Fantasia said.
“[On Sunday] I got a lick of the ice cream, so did ‘Fog’. Next week I may have six touches and no goals, and that’s fine! As long as we keep doing our job and keep winning, that’s all that matters.

“It comes off the back of our pressure, that’s our one wood. When we get that right and the dial leans towards defence, our offence flows off the back of it.”
“Just playing my role, that’s all he wants — I don’t care if I kick four goals or have five touches, as long as we keep winning, we help out the backs and we keep scoring.”

I think we're genuinely hitting the point now where players aren't going to be selected on "form" or "output" from a statistical sense. Fans will see players who have little impact, or are "poor". The coaches will see players who are where they're supposed to be, are uncompromising with their effort, and they'll back them in to impact when it's their turn.

I also think we've got legitimate buy-in from 90% of the list. There are a few youngsters and depth players who probably know they're not getting a senior game this year, and their efforts in the 2s reflect that. But anyone taking the field at senior level is all-in all the way, and as a result I don't think we'll see players dropped for "poor performance", only for injury or structural changes.

Elijah doesn't remind me of any player in particular, he's pretty unique. His left handball is lethal, first Blue I've noticed the quality of handball in quite a while.
there’s less incentive to become a proficient two sides handballer when they pretty much allow throwing now.

But it’s certainly a beautiful skill and he does it well.

had some fortunate opposition outs the last few weeks, injury luck has turned full circle.
they are always so fast and skilful but were noted earlier in the year as not quite able to run out games, haven't followed as much so dunno if that is the case still. i suppose being outside the 8 at this time of year may tell its own story.
here's to a decent bag from cc to re-stamp his name on the coleman. looking forward to hopefully another relaxing and comfortable win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, I think Kingy was the first media person I saw sing Elijah's praises:

"Elijah Hollands, I’m telling you, he’ll have a really big impact on their ball-use and their poise with the footy, I know he’s going to miss the first two rounds, but he’ll make a big difference to Carlton."

He said that after watching our pre-season training, it's in the article linked by Bamboo Harvester in the last page.
And the absolute icing on the cake is that Gold Coast are still paying part of his salary :thumbsu::cool:

Open training/captains run a bit of a fizzer. Really late start even after the delay announcement. Dark/no lights by the time the boys strolled back in after a brief kick around.
Boys looked to be having fun/in good spirits

Only had one tiny bay behind the goals open so a lot of kids missed out on a signature/high five/photo, pitto Cripps EHoll Cotters doing well to try get those a at the sides of the race 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🥰
One skills game everyone involved except Charlie who was parked at 50 having a shot now n then 😂

That goal from Cottrell is almost impossible.
Having said that he'll probably miss one from 15m out straight in front in the game.
nah hes a great shot for goal. Simple action. Used to get in trouble trying too hard when he started (particularly those cross body kicks) but very effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back