Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Who played well for the Blues in Round 18 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ollie Hollands costs us week in week out. Spilled an absolutely vital sitter mark in the last and got run down with a tackle that a stronger player would have stepped through.

His 12 year old body is an issue

Why do we keep picking him?

We have options - many options. Play Cerra out there being the most obvious one.

Incredible how many sins of the coaching group and selectors came back to haunt us tonight.

All added up to 4 points sacrificed to absolute ego.

We'll probably trot out next week with pitto in the team again. Just because the selectors will want to somehow prove it wasn't their decisions that cost us.

Arrogance and ego.
I call him Floppy Hollands and he is slow off the mark and in decision making. Cross your fingers he improves in coming season

We could get lucky with a Melbourne win tonight and still be second. Two losses in a row and second would be so lucky especially is we’ve shed a hard training block. But I doubt that’s happening.
Yes but such a defeatist way of thinking
We should be taking control but now we are sputtering. Shouldn't be like this

I am more concerned about a guy kicking 3 goals to half time, dominating around the ground, and then not getting anywhere near it in the second half.
It reads to me of someone being happy with their first half, and putting out the anchor in the second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight’s poor players who should not be getting a game.

Marchbank - irrelevant
Boyd - missed EVERY target
Hollands - the younger one has no vision
Newman - went missing for anyone half
Owies - did he even play after the first 10 minutes
This is why I don’t get too disappointed because I know this list are very average or below average AFL players. I don’t believe all the hype because my own eyes tell me something different. I read on BF every week how good Boyd and Newman are having just watched their men brutalise us. They all try their guts out but they just have too many deficiencies.

A bad loss and a few problems have started to arise with the playing group.

I would actually be happy for us to role the dice with Young for a couple of weeks to see if that gives us a different look behind the ball. Yes I know it hasn’t worked but the alternative isn’t much better.
Ollie and Cottrell need to go to the VFL but we imo don’t have replacements for them.

Luckily this season is as open as any we have seen before so we don’t need to be perfect just find something that will work.

Cripps is an absolute star
Cripps not happy. Didn't want to be carried off in his 200. Everything this guy has done for the club and you put in that rubbish.

I don’t get why Hewitt and Kennedy weren’t selected…why did we need two rucks are we fkg around with selection for the finals ? If that’s it well GAGF
Totally out coached AGAIN
I feel for Paddy

I am tired of people justifying average performances by saying players cover a lot of ground, hold their structure or try. It's BS. This is AFL football and you need to add more

Cottrell is a dumb footballer. He need to play a role and be committed or is a waste of space
Ollie has talent, but does NOT have the size or awareness yet to justify his spot
Marchbank is done
If Pittonet isn't physically imposing he is very limited
I am also tired of Charlie's lack of effort especially defensively.

If you want to be a flag contender these things cannot be tolerated and every week we have to many passengers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is we're in a block of heavy training load. Going to be all for nought because right now we've completely compromised our shot at a home final..

I HOPE this is true. It’s exactly what we look like out there. Exhausted. Playing the first quarter like we’ve played two quarters already. Heavy. Tired.

I’m going to choose to believe this so I can relax and sleep tonight and not be furious.

A bad loss and a few problems have started to arise with the playing group.

I would actually be happy for us to role the dice with Young for a couple of weeks to see if that gives us a different look behind the ball. Yes I know it hasn’t worked but the alternative isn’t much better.
Ollie and Cottrell need to go to the VFL but we imo don’t have replacements for them.

Luckily this season is as open as any we have seen before so we don’t need to be perfect just find something that will work.

Cripps is an absolute star
Is this your take or a rumour ?

I don’t get why Hewitt and Kennedy weren’t selected…why did we need two rucks are we fkg around with selection for the finals ? If that’s it well GAGF
Totally out coached AGAIN
I feel for Paddy

I am very reliably told that is all about leg speed, especially in defence. Coaching staff don't believe we can win big games this way. I am also told Hewett is struggling with a back issue. Right or wrong that is the reasoning

What did we have to drink at quarter time last week to revert back into this shell of a football side.

Thats the last time I want to ever see 2 rucks played again, got north next week to refind some form and hunger but if we're losing to port or the pies I don't see us contending for the flag this year.

Get back to what we know wins us games, kennedy and hewitt in for full games, bully inside and kick to the keys then apply pressure.

Poor effort by too many on Crippa’s 200th.

Some of the players just didn’t seem up to it when the going got tough.

Also disappointing that Voss and the MC seem out of touch with some player’s readiness to play AFL - Cotters, Ollie, Boyd to name a few had fa impact.

Not sure about Marchbank, not his worst game but he seemed to be sitting under the ball a lot or laying on the ground….hardly in any position to do much intercepting he is renowned for.

Mixed bag from Cerra. He’s a great player when he’s up and running but he hasn’t shown a great deal since coming back imo, maybe next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Back