Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Who played well for the Blues in Round 18 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you have 10 scoring shots and still have an ordinary performance?

Charlie Curnow truly is in enigma in every way imaginable.

Harry McKay would be 30 goals ahead in the Coleman if he didn't have to "share".

Anyone got any sound logic behind why why we picked Pittonet?

Does Pittonet destroy TDK at training or something?

Was this a Cripps special request for game 200?

I’m still just as confused as I was when the teams were announced.
The Pitto blaming has been overboard imo.

It wasn't just him who played poorly, almost the entire team did. TDK also wasn't very good when in the ruck today.

Have people already forgotten TDK got destroyed last week as the solo ruck? May have a niggle too. With the dogs being a strong clearance team, I think the logic to bring pitto in was fine.

Pitto was very good earlier this year. The team is just out of form for some reason.

Also, Freo are doing just fine with Darcy, Jackson, Treacy and Amiss in their team.

Sydney have Grundy, McLean, McDonald and Amartey.

How do you have 10 scoring shots and still have an ordinary performance?

Charlie Curnow truly is in enigma in every way imaginable.

Harry McKay would be 30 goals ahead in the Coleman if he didn't have to "share".
Harry could be in the lead if he didn't go invisible for huge periods of the game. Where did he go in the last 2 and a bit quarters ?

Harry could be in the lead if he didn't go invisible for huge periods of the game. Where did he go in the last 2 and a bit quarters ?
On a bad day and carrying their fair share of niggles. Charlie nearly wins us the game and takes on the challenge. Sure he doesn't succeed but he was there and easily could've turned that game on a bad day.

Harry...? Nope. On a bad day he disappeared.

The Pitto blaming has been overboard imo.

It wasn't just him who played poorly, almost the entire team did. TDK also wasn't very good when in the ruck today.

Have people already forgotten TDK got destroyed last week as the solo ruck? May have a niggle too. With the dogs being a strong clearance team, I think the logic to bring pitto in was fine.

Pitto was very good earlier this year. The team is just out of form for some reason.

Also, Freo are doing just fine with Darcy, Jackson, Treacy and Amiss in their team.

Sydney have Grundy, McLean, McDonald and Amartey.

I am not a Pitto basher. I don't think many on here are.

But I am a firm believer that you can't play two tap ruckman who lack versatility in the same team.

If Melbourne couldn't make Gawn and Grundy work we've got absolutely no chance,

Pittonet get a lot of the heat but it's not personal. But he's the #2 choice, and his inclusion is what completely ****s up our team.

TDK looked great in Q1 vs GWS last week before the ankle injury and floodgates opening. I also didn't mind "resting" TDK against Nankervis because Pitto was a better matchup for that style of ruck.

But they cannot play int he same side together. Ever ****ing again.

Were we flat? I thought effort from most was good and we were up for the fight
Yes.

We were bullying teams the weeks prior where we'd grind them down and burst away.

Last 2 weeks you can see our energy is down...conceded over 100 points in each.

Not seeing the same ferocious tackling and overlap run. Smashed out of the centre and mids have lost the battle. Even little things like the celebrations, talking to each other, backslapping seems like there's less of it and less enthusiasm than before when you can see we're really dialled in and on a roll.

Not sure Hewett would have made 1 iota of difference TBH. He is no superstar, nor does he bring speed, which is why we got cut up on the outside. Solid player yes, but hardly a game changer. We lacked overall intent and application.
Well, I reckon you nailed it right there. Outside of the captain, Hewett would be our one banker for intent and application.

I can only think we played two rucks because the Match Committee are concerned about the scores we leak from stoppage. But losing the taps is not (and never has been) the problem - the issue is that all our guys at stoppage chase the ball, and no-one defends. Hewett helps us there. We don't even have to win clearance, we just need to degrade the quality of ball pouring into our F50. Our defenders have been on a hiding to nothing for two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. . . and yet, my dear friends, we still sit second on the ladder.

Yes, that was poor. Yes, Crippa deserved much better. But there's still six games left in the home and away season. We have a massive chance to position ourselves beautifully for a premiership tilt and there's still time to iron out the issues we have seen over the past two weeks. The whole club need to have a look at what they're doing: from the match committee to individual players to our own fans leaving while the game is still up for grabs.

Keep the faith and get behind these boys.

The hunt for #17 is well and truly on, but the journey will not be easy.

Yes.

We were bullying teams the weeks prior where we'd grind them down and burst away.

Last 2 weeks you can see our energy is down...conceded over 100 points in each.

Not seeing the same ferocious tackling and overlap run. Smashed out of the centre and mids have lost the battle. Even little things like the celebrations, talking to each other, backslapping seems like there's less of it and less enthusiasm than before when you can see we're really dialled in and on a roll.

Disagree. IMO it’s more about structure and game plan vs effort. Last week effort after 1/4 time was poor. I thought effort today was okay

. . . and yet, my dear friends, we still sit second on the ladder.

Yes, that was poor. Yes, Crippa deserved much better. But there's still six games left in the home and away season. We have a massive chance to position ourselves beautifully for a premiership tilt and there's still time to iron out the issues we have seen over the past two weeks. The whole club need to have a look at what they're doing: from the match committee to individual players to our own fans leaving while the game is still up for grabs.

Keep the faith and get behind these boys.

The hunt for #17 is well and truly on, but the journey will not be easy.

It’s an extremely even year and IMO there are no great sides. Be fit and in form at end of year and we can win it all.

When you have Cripps Walsh Weitering TDK Charlie and McKay you can win anything

Curnow is selfish
In his defense - most gun forwards are and I want Charlie to have the confidence to take shots when the game is on the line. It’s what he is paid to do

He won’t kick as badly as 3.7 again for a long time. The stuff that concerns me more with him is the defensive side… or lackthereof

That was Gross.

I haven’t been so embarrassed for a while. That must have bloody crushed Crippa. He deserves so much better than that rubbish that was dished up.

We are not good. We are slow, dis-interested and have one midfielder.

It’s an extremely even year and IMO there are no great sides. Be fit and in form at end of year and we can win it all.

When you have Cripps Walsh Weitering TDK Charlie and McKay you can win anything
If we can secure top two, the equation is very simple: win three games in a row at the MCG.

4 wins probably gets it done; 5 wins would guarantee it.

Let's see what our boys are made of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Back