Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pittonet offers us nothing, yes he wins the ruck sometimes but offers us nothing around the ground, been a big fan of Marchbank but sorry he needs to be delisted or traded. Martin is another one who I would trade, can't afford to carry injury prone players.

Owes needs to be given a new contract or we will make a big mistake by letting him go, just like we did with Eddie. Need to get some speed into the team, especially in the middle. Too many midfielder's that are one paced.

Look I think this is just a bit of a form slump, not the end of the world.

OUT: Williams (inj), O.Hollands, Cottrell,

IN: Motlop, Kennedy, Hewett, Cuningham

B: Boyd Weitering Kemp
HB: Newman Marchbank Saad
C: Acres Cripps Cerra
HF: McKay Hollands TDK
F: Motlop Charlie Owies
Foll: Pittonet Hewett Walsh
Int: Fogarty Cincotta Kennedy Cowan
Sub: Cuningham

OUT: Williams (inj), O.Hollands, Cottrell,

IN: Motlop, Kennedy, Hewett, Cuningham

B: Boyd Weitering Kemp
HB: Newman Marchbank Saad
C: Acres Cripps Cerra
HF: McKay Hollands TDK
F: Motlop Charlie Owies
Foll: Pittonet Hewett Walsh
Int: Fogarty Cincotta Kennedy Cowan
Sub: Cuningham
Interested in your reasoning for the two rucks

I feel our selections in the last couple of games have been reactionary and we've ended up out of phase. Zigging when we should be zagging.
Rushing straight in guys off injury breaks, leaving out in form guys etc. Feel we need a reset back to current in-form/fit 23.

Kemp is skating by at the moment. He’s lucky Marchy was playing because it takes the selection pressure off him.

Boyd has been drinking his own bathwater - his kicking has been far from great and feel like he’s costing s couple goals a game with his attempted 1% kicks.

Martin, Cuningham and Motlop will now have their opportunity to make their mark in the team.

Hewett should be an automatic in next week.

Kemp is skating by at the moment. He’s lucky Marchy was playing because it takes the selection pressure off him.

Boyd has been drinking his own bathwater - his kicking has been far from great and feel like he’s costing s couple goals a game with his attempted 1% kicks.

Martin, Cuningham and Motlop will now have their opportunity to make their mark in the team.

Hewett should be an automatic in next week.
Hewett should never be dropped ever again.

We have really let ourselves down... and I'm not just talking about players here... I wasn't concerned much after the Giants loss... despite a 75 point turn around at one stage...

But coming out flat like that the following week and its cause for concern.

I reckon dropping players who have been in good form and performing their role well for players who have been out for months sends the wrong message. What happened to perform in your role and that's all we can ask? If someone can outline exactly what Hewett did wrong, I'd like to know... as far as I'm concerned, he was not only performing, but it was imo def too high a standard to be getting dropped.

Then there's bringing in Cottrell after months of no games, no VFL form required mate, back in you go... yeah ok, you rate him, but he's not a freaking world beater, he's a solid contributor when he's in form and that's about it. He's not an automatic start up 22 after missing months of football... been garbage 2 weeks in a row and absolutely cannot retain his spot.

Then Kennedy as sub... ffs.

Selection has sent the wrong message and it's permeated through their heads. Now we have players playing selfish football again because of this...

The intent and attitude is critical. If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it... we are in no position to be doing that... we're trying to win a premiership here ffs and if we can't strike while the iron is hot, we will let it slip through the fingers.

Now onto this one... dropping this game is totally unacceptable and not in my wildest dreams did I think that could happen 2 days ago... now I'm not so sure... if we want to keep players in the side that have been out injured for months and shown nothing in their return games, play two rucks and more importantly turn up with the wrong attitude and intent, we could very well end up losing to Norf...

Unless Motlop has another stinker in the VFL, he needs to come in for Williams. Cottrell out. Cunners in (again depending on how he plays today) but he is a player that can give us a spark.

Hewett in, Pitto out.

Marchbank, sorry but that's just not going to cut it. Out for the rest of the year, I'd rather we just bring Sam Durdin in tbh if Gov is still out.

If Martin plays a blinder in the VFL, I'd consider him for this one. If not, he stays out until he does. I get it kind of goes against my whinge about bringing in players that haven't played for months, but Martin isn't just a solid role player when he's in form like Cottrell, he is a match winner and he, along with Cunners can give us a spark that we are looking for.

Put Walsh on the other wing, get Ollie out of there too. He is a kid in his 2nd year... he needs to bulk up a bit he's just not ready.

OUTS: Williams (inj), Pittonet, Cottrell, Marchbank, Ollie
INS: Motlop, Cunners, Hewett, Gov or S.Durdin, Martin or Lord

We really should go 5-1 or 6-0 from here anything less is unacceptable. The group is talented enough when they can be bothered, was proven against the cats

Time to get out of this funk
Hawthorn will comfortably beat this current version of Carlton.

Suddenly very few of our games are looking like gimmes.

We really should go 5-1 or 6-0 from here anything less is unacceptable. The group is talented enough when they can be bothered, was proven against the cats

Time to get out of this funk
After the last two weeks, not many games we can take for granted.
Last 2 weeks have been a reality check.
There looks to be a fair gap between Sydney and the rest, they are pretty much assured of two home finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys come in peace.

Why was Hewitt sub and dropped?

I watch what he does for you guys around the ball and just can't figure it out.

In my opinion Hewitt is getting picked before most of the mids bar Cripps and Walsh.

Last edited:
Anyway,

Hewett in for Cotts

Motts in for Williams

Nige in for Marchbank

Kennedy in the 22 for Ollie.

Carroll / Ollie sub.

Oh and we need to drop Pitto. Maybe keep Cotts in…

Cunners not good enough. Martin not ready.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mondy’s on the money for mine.

Out: Williams (inj), Pitto, Marchbank, Ollie or Cottrell.

In: Motlop, Hewett, S Durdin, Carroll (sub)

Guys come in peace.

I my opinion Hewitt is getting picked before most of the mids bar Cripps and Walsh.
They probably want Cerra in ahead of him but they better have a rethink about that, we need him in the defensive side of the square.

Heard that we were +15 for first possession at stoppages, but we kept fumbling and turning it over. They said that Cerra fumbled to the opposition 'about 8 times'.

They probably want Cerra in ahead of him but they better have a rethink about that, we need him in the defensive side of the square.
Didn't watch the VFL game but according to the AFL website Hewett had 33 disposals, 11 clearances, 10 tackles and kicked a goal which is a monstrous stat line.

He simply has to come in this week, our midfield has been belted 2 weeks in a row.

Guys come in peace.

In my opinion Hewitt is getting picked before most of the mids bar Cripps and Walsh.
Seen as lacking pace and other more speedy types have been favoured.

Doesnt look particularly slow to me but i suspect he might be called up this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back