Autopsy 2024 Rd 20 Loss to Port - Top 4 in jeopardy

Who played well for the Blues in Round 20 vs the Power?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Some green shoots

I’m liking Cowan. Will be very good
Elijah will be a star. Just needs another pre season
Hoping with some added KPDs over pre season Kemp will be moved up the ground. Can play
Charlie really stepped up with McKay out. Best effort on a while
I know Ollie is frustrating but his toughness is in built. Just needs size

In case it’s escaped anyone’s attention, we are a team with poor skills, very slow using a pretty slow game plan.

For it to work the players have to absolute hard working warriors.
No acres, doc, H, JSos and TDK who are our hardest workers.

We end up left with the fig jams and conditional players who’ll take turns letting us down.
Suspect that is why Owies isn’t contracted yet. Looks great when things are working well from our warriors, does absolutely nothing when we need him and other softer players to stand up.

I'm not looking for excuses but trying to look for a theory behind the slump.

About a month ago the flu/illness bug hit * really hard. It was a pretty big story at the time.

Any chance that Ben or someone may have given it to Harry / another Carlton player and the same bug has gone through our team as well?
Almost feels they’re succumbing to the weight of expectation, having built a mini buffer in second and being touted as the number 2 team, to now having pissed it away.

I'm not looking for excuses but trying to look for a theory behind the slump.

About a month ago the flu/illness bug hit * really hard. It was a pretty big story at the time.

Any chance that Ben or someone may have given it to Harry / another Carlton player and the same bug has gone through our team as well?

Gee that’s a stretch

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some green shoots

I’m liking Cowan. Will be very good
Elijah will be a star. Just needs another pre season
Hoping with some added KPDs over pre season Kemp will be moved up the ground. Can play
Charlie really stepped up with McKay out. Best effort on a while
I know Ollie is frustrating but his toughness is in built. Just needs size

Tonight was the night to play Kemp forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably not the best game to do a 800km round trip to see, very deflating.

We just look so slow around the ball which is my biggest worry long term.
Kemp looks like a future Newman replacement because he certainly can’t handle talls.

We look like a middle of the road side but there are two big positives and that is that so does the rest of the competition, we also have some really important players to bring back into the side.

Christ our speed around the ball is dreadful.
Add our poor footy IQ too.

Handballs to teammates who are hot. Handballs to teammates who are running 1m next to you.

Calling for handball receives while hot.

Long kicks to a an outnumbered Charlie. Don't forget to place this kick on his head or 2m past his head.

Long kicks to an outnumbered small. Don't forget to kick it onto his head too.

There is a world of difference. One is how I feel, the other is telling others how they should feel. I'm fine with people holding a different opinion.

There are reasons for where we are and I've acknowledged them. I'm just not seeing how we can turn it back around. We look exhausted.
as I said, not going to bother having an argument about statement vs opinion

can I ask did you see our purple patch this year happeining? Or our run into finals last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been watching BA Fan Cams, and the mood ranges from sombre to angry.

Lots of anger towards the coaching and the negative extra player behind the ball tactics. Also our heat maps showing us using the wings the whole time and only using the corridor in the last few minutes when the game was gone.

Charlie played a great game.

There's only so much one player can do when you're double or triple-teamed at every contest.

Not to mention the poor delivery.

Charlie still made the effort to run and be the link up mark in the middle of the ground - and often held the ball up without blasting away.

Can anyone jump in and tell us what anyone else is doing to present as a marking option once Charlie's taken a mark up the ground?

Shout out to Lewis Young. Thought he was solid enough in a variety of roles and we actually looked (slightly) better once he went back. Has to play instead of Kemp as the second KPD now (not that it matters).
Young is an awful footballer. He is not the answer

Charlie played a great game.

There's only so much one player can do when you're double or triple-teamed at every contest.

Not to mention the poor delivery.

Charlie still made the effort to run and be the link up mark in the middle of the ground - and often held the ball up without blasting away.

Can anyone jump in and tell us what anyone else is doing to present as a marking option once Charlie's taken a mark up the ground?
Nothing. They all slowly move forward from their positions in our own half, Charlie kicks back to a free player and then runs forward so he can be the target of the next kick… inside our 50 in a 1v4 because we’ve given the opposition time to also flood back

Most infuriating part of the game tonight. We didn’t even look like trying anything different

as I said, not going to bother having an argument about statement vs opinion

can I ask did you see our purple patch this year happeining? Or our run into finals last year?

Yes I did. They made me believe. They made me think that we can find the extra gear when we need it. They made me think that we can consistently maintain a high pressure rating. They made me think they had belief in themselves and the system. Not as much last year, as that was just an exhilarating ride out of nowhere. However, when we hit finals, we turned negative and while we won a couple of finals, there were some danger signs.

When I was finally convinced we were on our way to a flag, they turned me back around within 2 weeks.

Something is not right. We were flying and then started to bring players back that we all believed are in our best 22, and it has messed with our balance or something. Our dynamic is different. We're losing trust in each other.

So many other teams are flying and we are treading water. As it stands, we are in trouble.

For me, any hope that we can turn this around and contend for the flag is just that right now ... hope. I don't trust them or have faith in them right now. I don't like what I am seeing at the wrong time of the year. I won't go into any game thinking we will lose, but don't trust us to win either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 20 Loss to Port - Top 4 in jeopardy

Back