Autopsy 2024 Rd 20 Loss to Port - Top 4 in jeopardy

Who played well for the Blues in Round 20 vs the Power?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Young soo scared of the ball, and he gave away too many free kicks.
Charlie fought all night, wasn't much more Weiters could do and Matty Kennedy (who should never be sub or dropped who know why he ever has been) matty is probably the smartest footballer on our list ala that kick to motlop most would have blazed

Well that sucks. Can’t believe that a month ago, I thought we could win the whole thing. Some hard decisions need to be made over the summer and some glaring gaps in our list need to be filled
Same

Voss seems to be very stubborn. The game plan isn't working. Our forward structure is a mess and our clearance game is shot.

Cerra HB. Young forward. Kemp getting rinsed by C graders and nothing changed week after week. Bringing back underdone players. The list goes on.

Voss needs to wake up.

No excuses ... Carlton were woeful. That's 4 shockers in a row ... don't give me it was the 5 Day break excuse.

Carlton didn't deserve to win that. What was it 1 Goal 5 behinds in the second half?

It's not the reason we lost, but you can tell that we just couldn't go at any point in that second half. We looked listless for much of the night. Zero spark.

I do agree that we have been ordinary of late. We've been clinging on to that 2nd spot through good luck. We are nowhere near where we should be.

But we have been banged up and it is taking a toll.

We are cooked... this is not the year gents and ladies. We have no mojo. The last month had been ordinary. It'll get patched over with no H or acres. Voss thought we were good last week against North lol...We were supposed to come out angry against North and turned up with 129 pressure. 1 goal in a half tonight? We are done

That was pathetic … no excuses … a month ago I was thinking how the heck am I going to get a gf finals ticket to what I just witnessed with a bunch of port supporters behind me singing that awful song..
Seriously people who say kemp should never be dropped guy is a spud…. Binns is not strong over the ball etc .. binns would have been better than Walsh tonight . The calling of the ball or passing to a senior player has to stop .. why anyone would pass to Cripps or Walsh when someone is on their tail is behind me or them calling for it stupid …seeing Johno all Australian during the week and Walsh on the wing .. I nearly laughed how those things are judged .. Walsh has been shit

We lost two of our last three games with a 30 point plus lead. Can't see us recovering from here. What happened to Russell and our so called fitness?

Russell got Rustled.

Time for him to GTFO.

On a positive note.

We fancied ourselves as premiership favorites (or certainly contenders).

Season fell away and ended with the heartbreaking loss to half a Geelong side out at AFL Park.

We then drafted Scott Camporeale.

We came back the next year, went 20-2 and flogged Geelong in the grand final.

We fancied ourselves as premiership contenders

Season fell away..

We will subsequently draft two Camporeales.

We will come back in 2025 and... History is in the making.

I’m most concerned with Cerra’s form. Also disappointed that Pitto got so badly worked over physically by Sweet. Carroll is never going to make it. He’s not a player that we can rely on at this level. Sadly, Cunners career (with us at least) should be over with this latest setback. Kemp still an enigma. Gov and Motps bad but I’ll back them to get better. I still think we can make this season special but it needs to start next week.

Nice of you to pluck the scape goats....what about Walsh absolutely woeful...butchered the ball endlessly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a positive note.

We fancied ourselves as premiership favorites (or certainly contenders).

Season fell away and ended with the heartbreaking loss to half a Geelong side out at AFL Park.

We then drafted Scott Camporeale.

We came back the next year, went 20-2 and flogged Geelong in the grand final.

We fancied ourselves as premiership contenders

Season fell away..

We will subsequently draft two Camporeales.

We will come back in 2025 and... History is in the making.
Lol, you're clutching at straws, but I'll take it.............. 2025 = 1995

Well that made me very angry, have not been that upset in a while.

Walsh - He must have something up at the moment. He is lacking a little burst and his kicking into the forward line is certainly in the bottom 5 players in the league.
Cunningham - We cannot select him in our team ever. He is a borderline player at the best of times and when he plays he will likely be injured in no time. Just not worth the risk for no real upside.

Kemp - I have supported him for a while, I just think Young looked more at home as a stopper. I would prefer Young to play on the big forwards and allow Weitering to play Kemps role.

O Hollands is a preseason away from being solid.
Owies is a little hit and miss, we really need a hybrid forward like Martin back in the side.

Sorry not buying into the 5 day break as an excuse, it’s between the ears with this mob. 1 goal in a half of football is pathetic in perfect conditions under the roof.

Can’t select players like Cunningham, they just let you down with injuries too often.

Selections and matchups are just bizarre at times. Another year down the toilet, had a great chance to finish top 2 and have just botched it in the last 4 weeks.

TBH, emotions aside, what really hurts is that we are a fair way better than Port but the footy gods turned on us pretty savagely this week with Harry, TDK and Acres crucial outs. Even a match fit Jack Martin makes a big diff to our fwd line tonite.

Can’t win a flag in 24, but with good ins next few weeks, we could still go top 4, but the loss tonite means making a GF from 3rd or 4th will be very very hard.

We lose 3 top liners (5 top liners out all up) and those role players have to lift to cover. The gap is just too big. If you expect a bottom 6 player to play like a top 12 player, they just don't have the skills or smarts to do it. That's why they are bottom 6.

We lacked leadership tonight. Cripps, Walsh, Weitering ... just didn't try to get us going at any stage. Charlie was the only one of our leaders to lead tonight.

My fear this year has been if we don’t have close to our best 22 on the ground we will struggle. Today was an example of that

We have too many average, bit part players in our side that don’t do enough and to much is left to our stars

Put McKay TDK Docherty Jack Acres Martin Williams Boyd into that side and it’s a very different story. The injury interrupted seasons of Cerra Saad Motlop Walsh haven’t helped either as they aren’t anywhere near their best

That’s how I see it
Boyd was an emergency. Some very questionable selections over the past month. Motlop,Cerra don't look fit enough.

Well that made me very angry, have not been that upset in a while.

Walsh - He must have something up at the moment. He is lacking a little burst and his kicking into the forward line is certainly in the bottom 5 players in the league.
Cunningham - We cannot select him in our team ever. He is a borderline player at the best of times and when he plays he will likely be injured in no time. Just not worth the risk for no real upside.

Kemp - I have supported him for a while, I just think Young looked more at home as a stopper. I would prefer Young to play on the big forwards and allow Weitering to play Kemps role.

O Hollands is a preseason away from being solid.
Owies is a little hit and miss, we really need a hybrid forward like Martin back in the side.

My sentiments exactly except for Martin. We need to thank and delist/trade at least 4-5 players who hold no value to this club, Martin included. What has he played, 10 games in nearly 2 seasons?

Yes, the 5 day break would have had an impact, but..

The arrogant, dumb footy in the 2nd half by players and coaches was bewildering

Despite not playing well, you don't make changes at halftime when you are largely controlling the game

Cincotta comes off Butters, bizarre. Not controlling the ball, spreading and controlling width, to draw out opposition

Not adding some spark players at stoppages

Walsh was extremely selfish, someone needs to reinforce that he needs to dish first option, use teammates in better positions, if he is unwilling to do so, make a statement and drop him

Kemp, I'm done, until he can understand space, handover, defense first, he can learn repeat habits at the lower levels. I'd be stunned if he was in the side next week

Newman, Wetering were largely very good. Saad had plenty of attention, Gov got better as the game went on, Cowan disciplined, needs to come out of his shell

Kennedy and Elijah not being used more in the middle was arrogant and stupid

Charlie battled hard, thought Young was serviceable at both ends, small forwards too lazy without the pill

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 20 Loss to Port - Top 4 in jeopardy

Back