Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Who played well for the Blues in Round 21 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope jack martin stays fit

At least two outs next week- cerra and cottrell

I think it's fair to say that we look like a bunch of individuals, in stark contrast to the machine we were in the first part of the year.

Its clearly an issue with motivation, fitness and effort.

Hard to assign fault or blame accurately between players, match committee and coaches but however you carve that pie it's clearly working as well as this metaphor
100% A lot of great individual efforts but our collective efforts in defence this year have been atrocious.

I’m moving to Norway in Jan. Was recently thinking about how I will watch games online over there. Think I might just move on from footy and focus on some other hobbies.
Every other team seems to go poorly, rebuild and challenge, except Carlton. You can’t trust this team, bloody sad since so many of us put a lot of effort into supporting them.

We need to talk about the game plan. Our ball movement is horrendous. No patterns, no quick, one, two, three release, no overlap. Our midfield is Cripps or bust. How is it we have no ball movement plan? Why is our game plan kick chip, chip, chip and bomb it to the wing where we lose 90% of the contested marks??

It truly is horrendous. I've been loathe to criticise Voss but he was part of one of the greatest midfields in history unable to teach setting up around contests, ball ups, throw ins?

And seriously Walsh is playing some of the most ineffective football from an A grade player I have ever seen.

Wut???

He slagged the club.

Not good.
I made a tongue in cheek post about the club being haunted, if you think I really think it is then I'm not sure what to say.

Emotions are high around here after some disappointment, we all process things differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie’s streak is over.

Noticeable how much harder the Pies players went for the ball and how easily they set up goals with chains starting in defence and midfield.

Umpires need to work out how they were fooled by the Cox flop.

We have a team of decent players, and I don't detect any lack of effort.

But the decision making is catastrophically bad, and the general football intelligence is desperately low.

Recruitment needs to be seriously looked at.
It’s this. This is what kills me.
Would be the clubhouse leader for lack of football IQ.
Decision making is amateur level at best.
I watch the game and am astounded by the amount of poor options they take.
These are professional athletes trained and drilled for countless hours.
Yet………
Mentally frail.

Wut???

He slagged the club.

Not good.

TBH numbers, there was a bit of poetic licence and a healthy does of tongue in cheek in it. The worst thing said was a filtered swear word. No individuals were harmed or slandered in the making of the post.

It's an emotional time. Can you start with the folk songs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Back