Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

So if true WHY would any team do this?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The supplements scandal … the Crows pre-season camp … Tommy Hafey running sand dunes.
Elite sport conditioning is ever evolving with little research to support actions. Trends begin based on results rather than correlating the input with the outcome … suddenly everyone’s doing it.

The supplements scandal … the Crows pre-season camp … Tommy Hafey running sand dunes.
Elite sport conditioning is ever evolving with little research to support actions. Trends begin based on results rather than correlating the input with the outcome … suddenly everyone’s doing it.

It's based on the tapering theory

I hate when people ask the failure question. It really bugs me.

This is worth a minute of peoples lives

I get what he's saying. Steps to achieve success and all.

But if you don't ever actually achieve the success...

Eventually your window for success will be closed. You don't get long as a professional athlete.

Our core of star players only have so long together.

I get what he's saying. Steps to achieve success and all.

But if you don't ever actually achieve the success...

Eventually your window for success will be closed. You don't get long as a professional athlete.

Our core of star players only have so long together.
We certainly need to nail one in the next 3 years, but hopefully we continue to regenerate well through that period

Seniors

FB: Young - Weitering - Newman
HB: Boyd - McGovern - Saad

C: Acres - Cripps - OHollands
OB: Pittonett - Hewett - Cerra

HF: Fogarty - McKay - Walsh
FF: Owies - Curnow - EHollands

Interchange: Cowan (D), Motlop (F), Kennedy (OB) and Cincotta (T)

Sub: Cottrell

We lowkey need a second KPD that can hold a KPF. Young is far from the worst aerialist. Just needs to use the runners when he’s got the ball.

Kemp (omitted) replaced by McKay
Carroll (omitted) replaced by Acres
Cuningham (injured) replaced by Boyd

Can somebody explain to me why Pittonet cant or isn’t ever there to mark a football?
Maybe he trying to cover to much ground and get to to many contests and he just doesn't have the aerobic capacity to do so - with our small backline I'd rather see him play the old drop back role and fill the hole ..

I think Cowan needs to play at the expense of Cottrell. Kemp will struggle rucking against Cox. Young could ruck as Cox will be his direct opponent in the forward line.
Just ruck with Harry when Pittonet goes to the bench…

Kemp gives us an aerial contest inside F50 to support Charlie when Harry is in the ruck!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here’s a theory.. he’s not a good contested or overhead mark

Here's a theory... He's a soft, highly conditional, footballer who has gotten by on friendships at his time at the club.

Even when he has a physical or skill advantage over his opponent he can't sustain.

We saw it again on Friday night. When the going is good he was contributing. The second the tide turns you may as well print the milk cartons.

For all our mental states we need to beat the filth this week. So often in big games we go missing or become too complacent or just dont turn up. Lose this week and we're done,the media,the Filth supporters will run with it until the next time we meet as they always do.
I for one have had enough of being the laughing stock of opposition supporters over the years its time the players and the club make a bold statement that we can still beat the best on any given day,starting again from this week.
Enough is enough,we need to get back on the winners board.

Check again - this time go past the first thing that pops up in google.
Not looking at Google mate suggest you check again.
Having a brief stint in a role is very different to where did he spend the majority of his time.
Cerra has played the vast majority on the wing or a mid both at Junior & senior level.

Last edited:
I think if you look at it objectively, in the past month we’ve lost to the Giants and Dogs - both teams are in great form currently - and Port, who are ok, but without the likely All Australian centre half forward that game became a lot harder to win.

A win again the Pies is the tonic we need to get our groove back. Undoubtedly it’s important Harry and Acres are back as a a minimum, Boyd too. Walsh and Kemp just playing the percentages would also help too!
Giants and Dogs were not in great form, when we played them.

We might have played them into form, as the "perceived scalp" to them as #2 on the ladder....thats a more accurate statement

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Seniors

FB: Young - Weitering - Newman
HB: Boyd - McGovern - Saad

C: Acres - Cripps - OHollands
OB: Pittonett - Hewett - Cerra

HF: Fogarty - McKay - Walsh
FF: Owies - Curnow - EHollands

Interchange: Cowan (D), Motlop (F), Kennedy (OB) and Cincotta (T)

Sub: Cottrell

We lowkey need a second KPD that can hold a KPF. Young is far from the worst aerialist. Just needs to use the runners when he’s got the ball.

Kemp (omitted) replaced by McKay
Carroll (omitted) replaced by Acres
Cuningham (injured) replaced by Boyd
I understand the premise for Young’s inclusion is his height but he plays as if he has an aversion to the football.

They'll absolutely smash us.
Depends on which version of the team runs out on Saturday night. They need to recapture the aggressive, underdog, nothing to lose mindset that they had in the second half of last year and aim to snuff collingwood’s chances of playing finals. If they play scared, protective footy then collingwood will win.

Same as comments re Adam Cerra he played all his football at Fremantle on the wing & inside mid, he did not play at half back.
he absolutley did play at HB for freo, HF too occasionally in his first 2-3 seasons. They had prime fyfe and mundy playing the midfield roles.

Having said that (right now?) he's a very poor HB. he can distribute well given time and space but can't defend a one on one and can't halve an aerial contest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back