Preview 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood Saturday 3rd August 7:30PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

That'll be the day... fighting for top 2 and we're worried about players like Frampton :D

You might however, be right about BOG v Cottrell wing...
I'm worried about Frampton. I counted 6 or 7 goals that Charlie and Harry kicked on him last time in a loss. If they play him down back I'm worried that he'll hurt his neck watching goals go over his head. It is possible that they play him as a decoy up forward against Weitering.

Jack Martin owes us 7 matches of good football for the rest of this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week Burgoyne got it 22 times and 5 tackles for starters

Cottrell? Yep. Was on Burgoyne for about 75% of game. Butters was on him for about 10 minutes after halftime and carved him up

Cottrell had 4 touches in first 10 minutes and only 6 after it and Burgoyne ran all over him. I was there and watched it closely

Fact

Yep, it is hard to believe...

View attachment 2065449
It’s pretty common for keybacks to cover a lot of ground because a lot play 100% game time compared to midfielders 70-85% game time.
I’ve always found calls for kemp to play wing strange, jogging behind an opponent for 120 minutes game time in the backline is relatively easy and a completely different type of running compared to what Acres and Hollands are doing on the wing.

We've brought in McKay, Martin and Acres probably in our top dozen most important players when going, plus Boyd who barring that game he was probably jabbed up for with his leg has been one of our biggest improvers this year.

The ins make us a significantly better side than last week!
Cowan will bounce back as a young kid, really not worth kicking up a fuss about his omission.

Only thing I am concerned about is the lack of height in the backline again, but coaches have had enough time to plan for it and know opposition have been trying to expose it so lets see the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back